Irelia of Fiora?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Baggington

10-03-2012

I have racked up loads of IP and I want to know whether some of the more experienced players prefer Fiora or Irelia, and why. I have seen pro-level players play both and they seem to be pretty evenly matched. Are they? I am torn between the two, as they both look AMAZING. Please provide specific details as to why you think one is better than the other.
- Sir Baggington

ExcessX

10-04-2012

it all depends on the player really, some pick fiora some irelia both have there strengths. Personally id pick irelia she has very high sustain high burst, and it pretty much insanely op if played correctly, and she can also counter pretty much every champ in a solo top lane.

Fiora on the other hand has a similar play style with her Q as irelia but at the same time not even close, fiora can be played in many ways as a straight up assassin ad carry (no defense at all) or she can be played bruiser (wriggles, phage etc.) so its all gonna come down to what you wanna do. But dont get me wrong fiora is incredibly strong in lane as well, useually ill pick her going up against auto attack bruisers like tryn, xin, olaf to name some. But she does take some time to learn and master. same as irelia.

But overall, id go with irelia. Her burst is insane, her ult is very low cooldown with high sustain on it by itself, and she can basically carry a game compeltly if fed. Also the true damage on the W is nice too.

I hope this helped you, also irelia is free this week so give her a try.

ur best bet though, is probly to download the pbe so you can try out both champs, for future referance.

Cheers

BattleBootyRiven

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Baggington View Post
I have racked up loads of IP and I want to know whether some of the more experienced players prefer Fiora or Irelia, and why. I have seen pro-level players play both and they seem to be pretty evenly matched. Are they? I am torn between the two, as they both look AMAZING. Please provide specific details as to why you think one is better than the other.
- Sir Baggington

fiora

Anna Sachae

10-04-2012

If you're looking for a versatile top who can teamfight, assassinate, lane, and push...Irelia does all of those things really well. She actually has CC, unlike Fiora, and she takes hits like she's made out of solid diamond. I prefer her, honestly.

However, even if Irelia builds DPS, Fiora's going to hit harder. She can molest a team in four seconds flat when properly fed, and their sustain is about equal. However, Fiora is a melee carry with no CC. This makes her viability extremely limited on most teams. She needs a very specific team comp to be viable (heavy CC in either top lane or jungle, depending on where she's going, and heavy area CC in the rest of the team).

I prefer Irelia, but both are pretty fun when they get going.

Candentis

10-04-2012

Try Irelia for free, easy choice.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Remember when Riot released Lulu as a "support" but she ended up being a better solo top/mid?

Fiora's kind of like this. She's supposed to be a melee carry, whatever that means. But for some reason she has has one of the hardest hitting single target nukes in the game. If you take her mid, it's much like doing Talon mid, or Pantheon mid. In other words, I'm saying Fiora's kit is more suited to being a physical mage, no matter how much she was intended to be a melee carry.

Max Q first into W for maximum burst. Free kills with ignite every time.