New level 30. Need Advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadoxity

05-18-2013

Hi, I've just reached level 30 a week ago. Ever since, I've been matching up with people who are silver or higher. They seem to be WAY better than me. Most of the time, I kept dying. It feels like they're light years away from me. I've also learned a large variety of champions. Studying and learning how to play them. I know how to play all 5 roles. I'm the best at Mid.

Another thing that's depressing is my performance. My first three games are excellent. I always get positive scores and help my team without breaking a sweat. During my 4th game, I start to make common and stupid mistakes. Is it bad to play too much LoL at once?

Is there any good professional gamers that livestreams?

Last question, how long does it take for me to get better? Many of my friends who played one year or more are silver, gold and even platinum.

Osler100

05-18-2013

after each game: the lobby where are the stats are shown also shows you your win/loss ratio for normal games: this normal win/loss ratio shown near the top can determine your hidden elo, which decides how good you are and places you in matches with other players with a similar hidden elo. If you have a strong win/loss ratio: this could explain why you are playing with silver or gold players.

Another possibility is that you're playing with a friend who may be a much higher elo than you, resulting in you playing against stronger opponents. If you play by yourself, you may find easier match ups.

Do you have runes.
I find that when people first reach lv 30, they dont have a full rune set of TIER 3 runes. Runes help a bunch. usually I have a rune page or two for each position that i play.

Bad Player

05-19-2013

Yeah, of course you can get tired if you play too much LoL. It also might just be time. If you start playing at midnight, after three games it could be 3 am, which is where your performance might get to drop. If you know your performance starts to drop after 3 games, then at that point switch over to ARAMs or take a break or something.

Anyway, I think what you should start to focus on is simply not dying. Looking at your LoLKing, you go negative in almost all your games--with Ezreal, who's one of the safest ADCs. Not dying is more important than getting kills. Focus on playing safer, not getting ganked, not getting baited, not chasing too long, having proper positioning in teamfights, not getting caught out, etc. This is probably a good video for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhVHYNMr7cM

Trrees

05-19-2013

Your scores are pretty much all negative. You simply die a lot...and understand that the blue build for Ezreal really only works if your team is ahead mid game.

If you want to take a look at streams, should probably take a look at Scarra's streams first on Twitch.tv
Unlike most streams, Scarra actually explains and gives helpful tips many times so probably the best place to start if you're not as knowledgeable about the game.

Shadoxity

05-19-2013

Hey, I read all the comments this morning and played EZ again. I got SoloQ with a team that bickers so much that they had fights over buffs. In the end we won. My scores were still negative but I focused on the global objective meanwhile the other three did all the killing. I still don't understand what you mean by "blue build only works for EZ if team is ahead mid game". Other then that, I won my first game of the day. Ez's skillshots are pretty hard during early phase at bot. Any advice?

Zerglinglol

05-19-2013

Just don't feed. All is well if you can farm CS and not feed, and if you're playing bot lane let the match-up help depict how you play. For example, if the other team has a Leona support you play extremely cautious. Go in for the easy kills if your support helps set them up. But most importantly, don't feed. It doesn't matter what skill level you're against, if you feed you're going to help your team lose.

nezzazuri

05-20-2013

"blue build only works for EZ if team is ahead mid game"

that means the build you are using for ez right now, which is called the blue build, only works if your team is ahead mid game. if you are behind i suggest you go with standard adc build with zerkers, bloodthirster, phantom dancer, infinity edge, last whisper and a defensive item. i usually go standard adc with ez anyway, does lots more dmg with aa and crits, and scaled well into lategame

FrazzledMelon

05-20-2013

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned that your CS scores are low. You're averaging a little less than 100 CS per 20 minutes played on Ezreal. 100 per 10 minutes is close to the theoretical optimum; you won't hit that, and it will vary by game depending on a lot of factors, but you should focus on improving your CS while not dying.

If you can get closer to 150 by 20 minutes, that's like having an extra 3-4 kills in terms of the gold generated. (And then you need to keep it up in mid/late game between team fight and objectives. That translates to an extra 8 kills gold equivalent by 40 minutes.)

Shadoxity

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazzledMelon View Post
I don't think anyone has yet mentioned that your CS scores are low. You're averaging a little less than 100 CS per 20 minutes played on Ezreal. 100 per 10 minutes is close to the theoretical optimum; you won't hit that, and it will vary by game depending on a lot of factors, but you should focus on improving your CS while not dying.

If you can get closer to 150 by 20 minutes, that's like having an extra 3-4 kills in terms of the gold generated. (And then you need to keep it up in mid/late game between team fight and objectives. That translates to an extra 8 kills gold equivalent by 40 minutes.)
I usually get 50-70 in 10 minutes. If I get ganked or harassed alot, I would get about 20-50 in 10minutes. I'm going to try the standard EZ build right now.

Akromah

05-20-2013

I'd be happy to help

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3367750