I hate Lulu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

So yeah, Lulu is apparently my nemesis. Every time I face a Lulu on the enemy team, I just cannot win no matter what.
Take my last game, Ez Lulu bot lane. What do? Impossible to gank that. We were Ashe Taric bot, and Shen jungle, and even though they were pushed right up to our tower, we couldn't kill them between the 3 of us before they got safely to their turret, not even with 2 exhausts. Not to mention that they had a Malph jungle. Double the air time on his ult with hers, woo-hoo what fun. We were actually not doing that bad, Ashe was destroying Ez in cs, but there was no way we could kill them in lane, so they just kept pushing us up to our turret, and finally downed the turret. Our mid was doing ok, and top pushed their tower down in 10 minutes. But come teamfights there was nothing to do. There was absolutely no way we could get to Ez, and in 2 fights he made up the loss in cs with kills. Friggin bs.
I hate Lulu, please help me.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Sounds more like Ez was the problem moreso than Lulu. In the last round of ADC nerfs, they kicked Graves pretty good for lategame (AS nerf), and beat up Corkis harass (less ults), but BUFFED Ez by reducing mana costs and boosting AP ratio for hybrids. They fixed a bug that effectively made a projectile fatter than expected which was his only 'nerf'.

Ez is very hard to lane against because he is almost unkillable due to his free flash, AND he can take advantage of a weakness and chase with his free flash/attack, plus his long range poke hurts.

He also has a perfectly good midgame and even lategame with just a triforce and bloodthirster. Not quite the pwnage autoattack damage of Kog or Trist, but ridiculous poke, decent burst, high overall output. Plus the extra free snare, movespeed booster, extra health and big onhit sheen added to Mystic shot.

Lulu synergizes by adding even more poke with a slow attached so Ez can hit even easier. She also really hurts ganking with her big slow, especially if they are trying to kill EZ instead of her.

All you could really do is have Taric max his Heal and outsustain their poke, and focus on LULU. She doesnt get free escapes so 1 stun from Taric after she uses her slow/nuke, allows Ashe to turn on frost arrow and shoot her down easily. If you are both at full health they can't outfight you and Ez has to leave her to die.

Maleric

10-03-2012

I'd go with Warrrrax's suggestion. If you try to focus Ez he can easily kite and escape. Though it can be hard to get lulu too as she'll most likely stand behind Ez most of the time.

Alternatively, one thing you can try doing is waiting for her to go set up a ward in river (out of lane and out from behind ez) and gank her there. Taric's stun along with Shen's taunt can keep her cced plenty of time for ashe to finish her. Also, Ez might make a mistake then and come try to help her out and you can get him as well if you time things right. Just remember though that Ez can do a lot of dmg so while ganking Lulu be wary of a counter gank and just Ez's dmg in general cause while focusing on Lulu, you're giving him free shots at you if you're not careful.

Saffring

10-03-2012

I'm pretty noob as far as games played and all but I do play Lulu more than any of the others combined. Saying as much, the ganks in river when warding seems random but it's really not. Do it as often as you can. I give up a kill a game it seems by placing wards when no one will leave lane to come with. (even for 10 seconds).

The other suggestion is spot on as well. Focusing Lulu makes me choose. Do I stick it out as best I can in hopes that we can get a 2 for 1? or do I save myself (if i can) and end up blowing alot of mana/spells to stay alive. Remember, some always say Summoner Spells burned but no kills is still a win. Just gotta keep that clock going in your head when their flash/escape is on cooldown.

In team fights I'm usually last to go. I don't know a soul who plays this game but I have a nice sized buddy list from people /requesting me after saving their bacon multiple times. So trying to nuke Lulu in team fights just isn't going to happen.

Nail her in lane phase and just don't feed kills. I feel horrible when a couple towers go down and my AD carry is gold choked from lack of multiple kills.

Mysterage

10-03-2012

Wait...you were Ashe Taric, and you didn't wreck face? Was your Taric horrible? Did he not know he had a hard CC, that is ranged? Did you somehow miss every single Crystal Arrow you fired? Lulu is especially easy to shut down. Keep in mind since her nerfs she does NO damage. She's basically less of a threat than Pix, even. All you really need to do is kill her minions, that way she can only launch Glitterlance from herself, or her lane partner, not tag it on far away minions to blast you from range. Good luck!

Goaticus Maximus

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaaja View Post
So yeah, Lulu is apparently my nemesis. Every time I face a Lulu on the enemy team, I just cannot win no matter what.
Take my last game, Ez Lulu bot lane. What do? Impossible to gank that. We were Ashe Taric bot, and Shen jungle, and even though they were pushed right up to our tower, we couldn't kill them between the 3 of us before they got safely to their turret, not even with 2 exhausts. Not to mention that they had a Malph jungle. Double the air time on his ult with hers, woo-hoo what fun. We were actually not doing that bad, Ashe was destroying Ez in cs, but there was no way we could kill them in lane, so they just kept pushing us up to our turret, and finally downed the turret. Our mid was doing ok, and top pushed their tower down in 10 minutes. But come teamfights there was nothing to do. There was absolutely no way we could get to Ez, and in 2 fights he made up the loss in cs with kills. Friggin bs.
I hate Lulu, please help me.
Well, I can tell you that saying something is impossible is the first step to defeat. "If you don't believe you can find a way out, you become the problem" - Stained (Falling)

The truth of the matter is, yes ezreal is extremely hard to catch when he has a built in escape and flash. That being said, if you force him to burn his flash with one gank simply follow it up again while it's down and whalla he doesn't have a double escape now. A lot of people all the way up until plat will burn their flash too early or when it's not needed, take advantage of that.

If you were playing as Ashe and Taric, that's two stuns that can be used to a total of ~4 seconds where he can't flash or escape regardless. If you can't burst him down with your jungle who can then taunt him for another 2 seconds then you either aren't using your abilities correctly or you are not working effectively with your team.

Tell your taric to save his stun until after ezreal does his built in escape, which requires taric to close range and position himself behind ezreal, you tell shen to ulti onto taric while he is running in and right after you fire your arrow. Your arrow lands, shen appears and taunts, during which time all 3 of you are pounding him, then he attempts to escape and is stunned again. Sure lulu can ulti him and prevent you from doing as much to him during your first stun but if you follow that up with 2 exhausts there is no way he should get away.

If you are looking for high level play, tips and tricks, or guides then check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/user/Drwaddy