I feel like I'm stuck in a constant spiral.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Prop Phone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Give up. Matchmaker will find ways to screw you over no matter what you do.

Jurgrady

10-07-2012

I'm surprised no one here has told him about "hidden elo". The matchmaking used in LoL uses a hidden rating that matches you against people of relevant skill even in normals.

So the fact that you are even getting close is pretty good, but the more you win the harder your games will be. I wouldn't count on getting that goal at all. If you do, then it's time to go play the lottery because you are getting really lucky with the teams your getting if you do.

The system tries to keep you at a 50% win ratio, and while you aren't always going to be there, and could rise way up from that, it would mean that you still are not getting to your true "hidden elo" which means that eventually you'll go on a fat loosing streak, because it's inflating that hidden elo. So eventually it will place you into games with people that are much much better, and will do so til you even out.

Abdelazar

10-08-2012

Learn a nice, safe adc that can actually carry. So like even if your team is absolute trash, as long as they manage to protect you, you should win (and as long as you out farm their adc).

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Ok, but seriously... how do you see your losses in normals? Or are you just manually keeping track of them?

Fs Son0fSilas

10-08-2012

^ at the end of the match in the lobby

Sereg Anfaug

10-08-2012

Oh, is that what those numbers are? I always wondered what they were =P

TehomCD

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgrady View Post
I'm surprised no one here has told him about "hidden elo". The matchmaking used in LoL uses a hidden rating that matches you against people of relevant skill even in normals.

So the fact that you are even getting close is pretty good, but the more you win the harder your games will be. I wouldn't count on getting that goal at all. If you do, then it's time to go play the lottery because you are getting really lucky with the teams your getting if you do.

The system tries to keep you at a 50% win ratio, and while you aren't always going to be there, and could rise way up from that, it would mean that you still are not getting to your true "hidden elo" which means that eventually you'll go on a fat loosing streak, because it's inflating that hidden elo. So eventually it will place you into games with people that are much much better, and will do so til you even out.
I did mention that - your wins over losses will rise after you've stabilized once you start improving again. I was +40 for a while, and slowly over the course of the time I've played gone up to +100, where I've stabilized again until I improve. You also just see your normal/hidden Elo change from the type of players you're matched against. It used to be always bronze/unranked for me with the occasional silver, now it's mostly gold, an occasional platinum, with a diamond once in a blue moon.