Soraka 4 18.18%
Janna 5 22.73%
Taric 6 27.27%
Galio 1 4.55%
Blitzcrank 6 27.27%
Morgana 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Who is the best support ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tacaíocht

10-07-2012

Who do you think is the best support?

chaser676

10-07-2012

Lux, shen, Morgana, and nidalee are not standard supports.

Aggressive supports (taric, blitz, leona, alistar) are considered the best these days. The easiest support by far is soraka.

ACGIFT

10-07-2012

Keep in mind that the "Best" isn't a strict choice: it also depends on what AD Carry they're paired with. (and, to a lesser extent, what other characters are on the team)

And example of this would be, say, with Corki; Taric (the most popular support) isn't all that great a help compared to, say, Sona, as Corki doesn't need that much stun; however, Sona's auras will help empower him. On the flip side is Graves: he's not that fast and generally tankier, so Taric's CC helps him better "ground and pound." (essentially turning Graves' skill shots into skilless-shots) Blitcrank, likewise, has CC that helps Graves much like Taric does, and likewise isn't as great for Corki... But on another side, it's not as long-lasting as Taric's, making less suited for the bursty nature of Ezreal.

BardicPaladin

10-07-2012

You forgot Alistar. His CC is kickass, though I wouldn't recommend him in solo queue on the bases that he needs to be played with a teammate who plays somewhat aggressively. Blitz also applies here.

On the basis of generic support, Sona is probably the best support. While she doesn't have a targeted heal, it heals two champions. That, and she can hurt unexpectedly due to her passive, and that also aids when it provides some slowing CC to opponents.

TehomCD

10-07-2012

Sona is probably the strongest in the sense that she works in the most situations - wins a lot of matchups, doesn't particularly lose to anything with good play, and scales well throughout the game due to her ultimate and her auras. All the supports but Karma can be really strong in some situations, though. Even support Zyra is really good.

CowMeat

10-07-2012

The best overall support is Sona because she has the highest win rate. Taric is a strong runner up. Blitzcrank and Leona are also strong.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-08-2012

You're setting yourself up for failure if you're looking for 'the best' support. Not only does it depend on who you're laning with, but playing a support you're better at will trump playing one that is perceived as 'better' every single time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Lux, shen, Morgana, and nidalee are not standard supports.

Aggressive supports (taric, blitz, leona, alistar) are considered the best these days. The easiest support by far is soraka.
It's not that aggressive supports are considered the best, but the most popular ADCs atm (expect changes with the end of S2 coming up) pair well with aggressive supports.

phatmonkey91

10-08-2012

Personally my favorite support is alistar (also one of my favorite junglers) Constant heals can keep you in lane forever and, if ur adc is a fail, you can turn it up and build into an offtank ap. The main reason I like alistar is if ur adc is even just mediocre, as long as they know how to capitalize you can get them uber fed fast. Like one game my adc was just god aweful at last hitting and i told him once i punt and exhaust you need to just go all out on the guy i punt and he did and I had gotten him like 9 kills within 12 mins. (given the guys we were laning against were not very good). Even tho he had really poor farming (as in 2-3 cs per min) he was fed which allowed us to win hard.

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
You're setting yourself up for failure if you're looking for 'the best' support. Not only does it depend on who you're laning with, but playing a support you're better at will trump playing one that is perceived as 'better' every single time.
Exactly.It really depends on what is needed as well. For example, a lot of people view Janna as not being that great, but if the enemy team has a lot of CC, her ult is going to be incredible.
Many people have mentioned Alistar, and I agree; his kit is incredible and has everything you could ever want for someone who wants to go aggressive. Leona is also a nice choice who was not included on the list.
There are a lot of champions who can support but aren't necessarily "supports" because they are just much better elsewhere [Orianna comes to mind]. Working with what you can perform the best with is what is most important.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

How is Alistar not on your poll? Personally, my vote goes to him or Taric, although if you're speaking objectively, Sona is used quite alot by professional level players to great effect.