Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Could not load Direct3d

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scary Terry

10-03-2012

When I try to open League of Legends from my desktop the error message "could not load direct3d" appears. I thought it was an issue with my graphics drivers so I dowloaded the newest version from the Nvidia website. This fixed the problem temporarily but the next day the same thing happened. Am I going to have to download new drivers everytime I want to open league of legends?

Scary Terry

10-03-2012

I can install new drivers like I said and it fixes the problem every time. But it just comes up again the next day.

Blitzpk

10-03-2012

I have the same problem. windows wont let me update my Nvidia driver for some reason. but these riot people havent responded to 2 of my forum posts. let me know if you find out anything

Scary Terry

10-04-2012

I saw someone reply to a guy with the same problem and he said to install new drivers -_- Hopefully someone replies to this thread.

Scary Terry

10-04-2012

Would very much like some help please Riot.

TheChodeAvenger

10-06-2012

Might I ask what kind of PC your using? My asus did asus live updates, and afterwards I got this error as well.

Scary Terry

10-06-2012

I put my PC together myself so it has a few different brands in there. My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 560.

Deraviin

10-06-2012

Riot updated their graphics. Likely you guys just got kicked out of the supported group and need a new shiny graphics card. But this is just my opinion. I am not a wrenchman.

Bunnymo chan

10-09-2012

are you running on a laptop possibly?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

10-09-2012

If you're still having this issue, please attach your DxDiag file.