Skin: Firedancer Draven

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wykedone

10-03-2012

That is an awesome skin.

Spookypatrol

10-03-2012

Once more, thanks~

I edited the first post to add a little comment beneath the stillframes. As I wrote, I plan to draw stillframes for all of his major animations, including his abilities, but if there is a pose in particular that you'd like to see sooner rather than later, post up a request and (assuming it's appropriate) I will be more than happy to get that done sooner.

Spookypatrol

10-03-2012

Nearly done with the splash! Only have the axes to polish up, so if any of you are interested in returning once the splash is completed (should be by tonight), I definitely encourage it~

skao

10-03-2012

love it

turrdfergason

10-03-2012

hey I dont want to rain on the party, but I want to be truthful before you put too much more time into this.

Good job on the work you put into this skin, you are a talented artist who took an idea and made it believable.

I just dont know how cool this is though, It reminds me of Sultan Tyrndamere. You look at it and your just like WTF?? its good art, good concept, its just isnt something I can imagine people being interested in.

Put it this way, would you rather buy Firedancer Draven or Soul Reaver Draven. See what i mean?

This could be a cool idea on brand though, It might go more with the theme of the character.

Avissel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2012

I would buy it

Spookypatrol

10-03-2012

@Turrdfergason: I appreciate the compliments towards the art itself, however, myself (and I'm sure just about everyone who has upvoted and posted on my topics) I'd be willing to bet would probably disagree with you on it not being that cool of a concept. I don't expect everyone to like it, but making the assumption that I should reconsider putting more effort into it because it's not something you think people would be interested in is, well, statistically incorrect.

On the note of people preferring Soul Reaver, I actually know quite a few people who are disappointed with Soul Reaver because of the fact that it doesn't fit Draven's theme. It doesn't give you the same sense of his flair, and some people are unhappy with that. Other people plain don't care of course, and I know a few people who really do like the skin. I also have had quite a few comments on this topic on the Fan Art thread with people saying they don't know if they'd rather Firedancer or Soul Reaver because they like them both so much. And as you've seen, there are people on both this topic and on my Fan Art thread who have stated that they'd buy the skin, or even buy Draven just for Firedancer.

I'm not trying to shoot you down necessarily, I appreciate your honesty. Statistically speaking, though, I'm pretty confident that people are not just interested, but very interested in Firedancer. I know there will always be dissent, I can't win them all, but there is certainly a considerable amount of interest.

Spookypatrol

10-03-2012

Finished the splash art, finally! If I make any more edits to it it's only to tweak minor things I'm unhappy with.

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Bump for fiery Noxian justice.

Phobos89

10-03-2012

Love the idea, and your concept art is quite impressive. oh, and

riot pls