Skin: Firedancer Draven

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreekSharkHD

02-06-2013

**** yes. Is all I have to say. RIOT GET ON THIS NOW!

Spookypatrol

02-06-2013

Thanks guys XD

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Bump!

Spookypatrol

02-06-2013

Thanks for the bump Bumping myself. +120 to go to 3k!

Also, I wanted to make a quick note about the tone of these bumps I've been doing and goals I've been setting. I feel like I've been treating these upvotes as just numerical values. I tend to forget that behind every upvote is an individual, particularly, an individual who I really should be thanking for their time and support. I know it doesn't take much to upvote, but it's also notoriously difficult to gain support for anything unless people like it so much they're willing to give it a chance at becoming official. I know this is kinda ranty, and maybe even a bit silly, but I needed to say something. After going back and really evaluating the situation, I am honestly so grateful for the support that I need to occasionally detach myself from my mathematical equations and estimated formulas and really let you guys know that what you've done so far has been amazing, and I'm ever grateful.

Spookypatrol

02-06-2013

I hate posting again so soon but I just have to make this comment. I was doing my usual stalking of the internet for places where Firedancer was mentioned and in two new places my mind was just blown. I wasn't sure whether to be flattered or just shocked by some of the audacity.

Place one, this one just amused me, on another thread someone specifically said that Firedancer was a dumb idea, even though nowhere in the thread was Firedancer mentioned (people were just mentioning Draven's need of another skin) and the comment got a ton of downvotes. I was flattered by the downvotes, absolutely, but what was weird to me was that Firedancer was never mentioned apart from by the poster, making it almost seem to me like they went out of their way to badmouth the skin.

Second place was just hilariously audacious. Someone on the EU West forums decided to post that they had this "new" skin idea for Draven and copied Firedancer down to its name. (No art included thankfully.) At this point in time, to honestly not have seen at least mention of Firedancer is silly. But giving the benefit of the doubt, copying the name down even to its technically incorrect compound word, "Firedancer" instead of "fire dancer?" I honestly laughed.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sound like a jackass, so I hope I didn't come across that way. I genuinely found these instances both funny, interesting, (and a bit flattering) so I thought I'd share them. I'm not revealing any names or trying to say that people can't dislike Firedancer or I'll come after them. I don't expect everyone to love the skin. But the instances were peculiar, and I got a good laugh at the downvotes from instance 1. (Also I don't appreciate obvious plagiarism for instance two.)

Schtauffenz

02-06-2013

I want this skin so bad.
Please riot!

Spookypatrol

02-07-2013

Thanks
Still stalking the interwebs; I'll let you guys know if anything else interesting related to the skin comes up. I want to try to keep my bumps as interesting (and hopefully infrequent) as possible :]

You know, people are still sharing the Fan Art thread, which makes me a little sad because the Fan Art Thread is waaaayyyy less popular than this one. The good news I suppose is that Riot's aware of both, huh? Also Fanart somewhat recently passed +300, which I personally think is pretty great considering that board is notoriously slow~

Salenar

02-07-2013

/signed

Spookypatrol

02-07-2013

So no new things from my interwebs stalking sadly, but I did notice we're only 12 away from 2900. let's see if we can make it. +3k is coming in fast and that's a huge milestone~

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookypatrol View Post
I hate posting again so soon but I just have to make this comment. I was doing my usual stalking of the internet for places where Firedancer was mentioned and in two new places my mind was just blown. I wasn't sure whether to be flattered or just shocked by some of the audacity.

Place one, this one just amused me, on another thread someone specifically said that Firedancer was a dumb idea, even though nowhere in the thread was Firedancer mentioned (people were just mentioning Draven's need of another skin) and the comment got a ton of downvotes. I was flattered by the downvotes, absolutely, but what was weird to me was that Firedancer was never mentioned apart from by the poster, making it almost seem to me like they went out of their way to badmouth the skin.

Second place was just hilariously audacious. Someone on the EU West forums decided to post that they had this "new" skin idea for Draven and copied Firedancer down to its name. (No art included thankfully.) At this point in time, to honestly not have seen at least mention of Firedancer is silly. But giving the benefit of the doubt, copying the name down even to its technically incorrect compound word, "Firedancer" instead of "fire dancer?" I honestly laughed.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sound like a jackass, so I hope I didn't come across that way. I genuinely found these instances both funny, interesting, (and a bit flattering) so I thought I'd share them. I'm not revealing any names or trying to say that people can't dislike Firedancer or I'll come after them. I don't expect everyone to love the skin. But the instances were peculiar, and I got a good laugh at the downvotes from instance 1. (Also I don't appreciate obvious plagiarism for instance two.)
That first case is just like people who leave negative comments and just bump the thread. All the guy is doing is demonstrating how widespread your influence is (it was apparently the first thing that occurred to him when Draven skins were mentioned), and advertising how popular it is to anyone that hadn't heard of it (hence the downvotes).

And you know what they say about the second one. Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery.