Skin: Firedancer Draven

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

11-27-2012

Please don't come back to my thread. I am trying to ask nicely, but I will not tolerate people advertising other ideas on my thread. If you wish to gather support for the skin, please do it elsewhere. (although preferably not on *anyone* else's skin ideas, seeing as that is just plain rude.)

That's all I am going to say. I am not going to knock the idea or comment on it in any other way, I simply do not want you to advertise it on my thread.

Abdial

11-27-2012

You will not tolerate it? Honestly? Did you just say that?

Your grand idea is to set a current champs weapons on fire (of all things). You then proceed to post this grand, flaming idea on the internets for what purpose? Were you only hoping for praise? Riot instantly making your idea a reality?

This is an internet message board. It is a place for ideas. Ideas to be criticized as well as praised. Is your idea good? Sure it is. But I feel it is inferior to another idea. That is my criticism. Can't take it, don't post on the internet.

Spookypatrol

11-27-2012

Granted, the message board is a place for the sharing of ideas, I understand that. But it is rude to force an idea within a topic where another's idea is the, well, topic. If I had asked for individuals to share their own ideas within my thread, then by all means do so. What I asked for was commentary and constructive criticism on an idea that I made, not a proposal of what is, opinionated, a better idea. I do not wish to be rude, but my thread has been doing just fine, and has actually been remarkably popular for the time it has been up. If you like another idea more, fine, you are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else is. However, I do not need you in my thread stating, as if factual, that another skin idea is superior. You will find much disagreement. Likewise, you will find agreement. It is an opinion. But my idea is my own, and this thread is for my idea, not others. And as it stands, my idea is popular. I did not anticipate its popularity, nor do I believe my idea is the greatest thing to ever reach these boards. I have simply stated my idea and it has gained much support over a relatively short period of time.

And what is the purpose of trying to state, as if factually, that dodgeball is superior? Are you in fact the one hoping for praise? To lull others out of my thread and into what you think should be the next instant-skin? A message board is a place for ideas as much as it is a place for opinions. I have my opinion, you have yours. I am also entitled to moderating my own thread in as fair a way and respectful a way as I can. It is not my intent to have others share their ideas in a disrespectful manner. Believe me, with as much support as this thread has gotten, much to both my joy and surprise, I can take criticism from a small group of people. As I have stated before, I cannot win everyone over.

Abdial

11-27-2012

Of course I feel the dodgeball idea is superior and should be the next skin. That's why I posted it. However, I have no issue with people disagreeing and can "tolerate" the dissension. I was simply saying that it seemed by your comments that you were unable to do that.

As for my commentary and constructive criticism, I feel that your skin would be better if it more resembled Ben Stiller's character from the movie Dodgeball. You may add fire to your taste.

Spookypatrol

11-27-2012

Fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I see no need to continue this conversation. We've both said what we've needed to. Good luck with your idea; now let the community decide overall which is better, and we'll see in time what happens.

Abdial

11-27-2012

Thank you for your tolerance ^_^

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookypatrol View Post
Fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I see no need to continue this conversation. We've both said what we've needed to. Good luck with your idea; now let the community decide overall which is better, and we'll see in time what happens.
Funny thing is, there's been time. A lot of it. Dodgeball was suggested several times when Draven first came out, and most threads died. That thread's been around since August and still only has ~270 +1s, whereas this thread has been going half as long and has about 7 times as many +1s. I fail to see how Dodgeball is superior in any factual way. Not to mention the skill and dedication that's gone into the phenomenal amount of amazing art in this thread, when the first post of that thread is one paragraph with a couple of screenshots.
Oh also, on behalf of Firedancer's supporters, thanks for bumping the thread all afternoon.

Spookypatrol

11-27-2012

Well, glad we could move on. Thanks for the bump and post, Platy

Anyway, at least that shenanigan raked in a few more +1s. We're only +32 from the goal now! No more new art, though, sorry guys. Soon... soon... hopefully. Until then, as per usual, I will keep monitoring the thread and will happily take questions and such.

Masadamartyr

11-27-2012

bump...this needs to happen

Spookypatrol

11-28-2012

Thanks!

Anyway here's my daily morning bump. I'm glad people still find this topic even when it isn't bumped though. 'Tis the power of sharing on external sites I guess! As per usual, thanks so much.