What are some tricks for Ashe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vozz

02-13-2014

Well I just bought her skin so I should learn how to properly play her I guess haha.

So I have a few questions if you fellas don't mind answering!
-When is the proper time to active Q?
-Best build path? (Max W->Q->E?)
-Most effective items in laning phase?
-Any other little tricks appreciated!

Thanks friends!
-Vozz
A new ashe player

Vycky

02-13-2014

You generally want to activate your Frost Shot every time you are fighting. It gives you multiple options after activation to either chase your enemies or retreat from a slowed bruiser. You should keep it up for most fights and especially against bruisers/assassins since it is the only skill you can use effectively to peel for yourself.

The general skill distribution is start W, go into Q, then get a point in E and max W. What you max afterwards is up to you though I prefer to max my Frost Shot for the stronger slows.

The way I play Ashe is that I play to get all of my skills off and then put myself at the mercy of the enemy's assassins and bruisers since I have no escapes and my teammates should not peel for me if the enemy AD-Carry is dealing more damage than I am. In Ranked 5s, I ask my teammates (Mid and jungler usually because they roam bottom every now and then) to take the farm from the lane so they can get ahead in their respective roles should they happen to be in my lane. I essentially play as a secondary Support that has some damage and wave-clear.

Because of this, I build an Infinity Edge first item and then transition into a Statikk Shiv for burst/wave-clear since my whole goal is to get off all my abilities and then try and survive long enough for my teammates to do damage in my place.

As for tricks, send your Hawkshot as far as possible to gain the most vision over the map. An easy way to do this is to press E and click on a place on your mini-map. Your Volley will go through minions if the minion is killed by the projectile. This means that if a minion is very low on health and a champion is standing behind it, the Volley will continue through the minion after it has died.

Euphoria Rev

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation V View Post
You generally want to activate your Frost Shot every time you are fighting. It gives you multiple options after activation to either chase your enemies or retreat from a slowed bruiser. You should keep it up for most fights and especially against bruisers/assassins since it is the only skill you can use effectively to peel for yourself.

The general skill distribution is start W, go into Q, then get a point in E and max W. What you max afterwards is up to you though I prefer to max my Frost Shot for the stronger slows.

The way I play Ashe is that I play to get all of my skills off and then put myself at the mercy of the enemy's assassins and bruisers since I have no escapes and my teammates should not peel for me if the enemy AD-Carry is dealing more damage than I am. In Ranked 5s, I ask my teammates (Mid and jungler usually because they roam bottom every now and then) to take the farm from the lane so they can get ahead in their respective roles should they happen to be in my lane. I essentially play as a secondary Support that has some damage and wave-clear.

Because of this, I build an Infinity Edge first item and then transition into a Statikk Shiv for burst/wave-clear since my whole goal is to get off all my abilities and then try and survive long enough for my teammates to do damage in my place.

As for tricks, send your Hawkshot as far as possible to gain the most vision over the map. An easy way to do this is to press E and click on a place on your mini-map. Your Volley will go through minions if the minion is killed by the projectile. This means that if a minion is very low on health and a champion is standing behind it, the Volley will continue through the minion after it has died.
You are essentially gimping your team. You need to do more than just get your skills off, you need to protect yourself and act like an ADC and do actual damage. By not trying to do damage in teamfights you are expecting three people on your team to do damage assuming your support isn't a damage support. While the other team is gonna have four damage dealers and out damage your team.

You know one of the best ADC players in the LCS right now is known for his Ashe, I don't think he plays like you're suggesting :P

I can agree on your skill order though.

Vycky

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria Rev View Post
You are essentially gimping your team. You need to do more than just get your skills off, you need to protect yourself and act like an ADC and do actual damage. By not trying to do damage in teamfights you are expecting three people on your team to do damage assuming your support isn't a damage support. While the other team is gonna have four damage dealers and out damage your team.

You know one of the best ADC players in the LCS right now is known for his Ashe, I don't think he plays like you're suggesting :P

I can agree on your skill order though.
I think you're taking my words the wrong way and that is my bad. I'm saying that I play a more Supportive role when playing Ashe rather than taking all the farm I can get and trying to out-damage the enemy AD-Carry. What I'm saying is, I will give farm to my other teammates if they happen to be in my lane and if the enemy AD-Carry is beating me in lane and/or is likely to outscale me. Of course I'll play like an AD-Carry normally would (kiting, trying to auto-attack, etc), but I won't count on my team to peel for me 100% like you would try to for Kog'maw for example.

The whole goal of the way I play Ashe is to get a good Enchanted Crystal Arrow off, possibly kill one person with the help of my team and then start chasing with Frost Shot and Volley. If I am likely to die because my team lacks the tools to peel for me or the enemy has a team composition to kill me (Vi and Kha'zix for example), then I go down and my teammates can still fight. Normally I play Ashe into a team with enough damage to compensate for my lack of.

Going off-topic, I enjoy watching Esports of various games and I do enjoy watching League of Legends games, but I don't like watching the pros and copying exactly what they do. It's essentially killing any sense of creativity from 99% of the player base because then everyone expects everyone else to build/play like the pros and not try something out of the ordinary. If it works, it works no matter the form.

Chingmeister

02-14-2014

As an adc, try rushing a Spirit of the Elder Lizard and farming the nearest jungle camp for the 40 bonus gold and health/mana regen between waves. Use the mana regen from the camp on volleys to clear a wave fast to get back to the camp when it is up.

It should make the item free, in the long term.

M4nTiCoR3

02-14-2014

I think Chingy has come around on my idea of rushing SotEL. Glad its working as well for someone else as it seems to be for me.

Euphoria Rev

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation V View Post
Going off-topic, I enjoy watching Esports of various games and I do enjoy watching League of Legends games, but I don't like watching the pros and copying exactly what they do. It's essentially killing any sense of creativity from 99% of the player base because then everyone expects everyone else to build/play like the pros and not try something out of the ordinary. If it works, it works no matter the form.
I agree with you. the point I was trying to make about the player is you dont just give up on a champ even if their outscaled. Ashe is gonna bring the hurt by using her utility in the right manner, not by outdamaging someone, dont just give yourself up.

M4nTiCoR3

02-14-2014

Tips and tricks...

Lvl one volley + focus can achieve large burst damage if you have a squishy target like Sona and surprise all in from bush withyour support.

Leveling Ashes volley with CDR allows for a very rapid long range poke that can apply many many on hit effects from items. Stacking on hit effects reinforces Ashes duel support DPS role where she becomes a walking debuff artillery platform.

Chingmeister

02-14-2014

All in all, I don't see Ashe as an ADC or a laner you want to have in a fair 2v2 or 1v1 lane much of the time. She loses even fights to everybody. So ADC her if you can, which most people can't.

That was why I suggested a gold item and to jungle between fast wave clears as Ashe ADC, because otherwise I don't see how you would avoid getting pwned.

Now roam support, roam gank support with some jungling, and appearing top or mid instead to support, that I can get behind.

CommanderPirates

02-14-2014

W R Auto Attack