Nasus Q max

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oerwoud

09-12-2010

Lots of Nasus attention in posts so I was wondering:

All say Q is given 1 point and maxed out last. But higher levels do more damage (easier last hit, but also just more damage to enemies).

Most important reason (and actual idea): higher Q levels give lower cooldown is fast farming its bonus. Q lvl 1 is 8 sec, Q lvl 5 is 5 sec, meaning you almost lvl it up twice as fast. I often lasthit without Q because its on cooldown. More E is used to whipe out creep waves when they come near tower, but killing faster with more Q's could end up in same amount of money/lane control but extra Q stacks.

What you think?

(Side question: why all so fond of sheen, when lots of spammable champions go without, like Jax W)

PureAmbition

09-12-2010

i play tank nasus and always max 1st q ability for a great mid and late game but it comes to u the way u want to play it

MrZann

09-12-2010

I max Q depending on how well I'm controlling the lane. Sometimes their harass is just too much. You only need 1 level to get the +2. Plus maxing it out wont really help with last hitting once you get the hang of properly last hitting. Actually I wouldn't really suggest maxing out any of his abilities at level 9 unless the game has gone to hell and there's constant teamfights that early.

Sheen is just really nice, it makes you hit a lot harder. See that Teemo over there? Sheen + a properly farmed SS = Teemo with about half his health gone.

C00LST0RYBR0

09-12-2010

If you are in a 2v1 lane you will be denied hard usually. To farm from a distance you need E at Level 3. E and W are far more important in ganks/fights as some +20-80 flat damage you get on your Q. The reduced cooldown is nice, but you don't wan't to push the lane, so you'll do fine with a SS every 8 seconds, besides you don't have endless mana anyway.

Encoding

09-12-2010

Maxing Q first is a waste. Your Spirit Fire reduces armor while dealing a nice amount of damage. Wither is THE best slow in the game. THE BEST. It slows movement and attack speed at a huge rate. All you get from maxing Q first is a tad more damage on Q alone. Nasus will get more damage from maxing Spirit Fire first, even on his Q due to the armor reduction and that also helps his carries and even his own auto attacks.

Fluffy1

09-12-2010

the question isnt if Q i worth maxing its if Q is worth it over SF and wither which scale ridiculously well. id only max Q if were rofl stomping them to push harder without items early.

imhuge

09-12-2010

I used to max Q before W
you do get to farm up bonus damage way faster and you do get much stronger tower killing
it's just not as useful as having Wither scale up faster

at very least I'd get 2 in Wither (double the rate over level 1) before maxing Q

Sheen is there for burst, which Nasus lacks outside of Siphoning
the Sheen change is actually not so bad since you won't waste the reservoir like you would before with Spirit Fire and Siphoning
Jax doesn't get it because his ult makes him more suited to autoattacking

advenger

09-13-2010

i maxed Q with 20% cdr from runes and masteries and crit a twitch for 1650+ it was in a ranked game so ya can see my profile i had about +500 damage on Q. If you last hit everyone of your minions with Q its amazing.

Terchio

09-13-2010

Depends how you play. If you don't get a lot of mana regen, do the Q strat, as it costs you less and you can still last-hit stuff for money while it's on cd. Opposing harass may be an issue as well. With high mana regen, you can cast spirit fire constantly, getting a lot of creep kills and sending creeps to the opposing tower, which will hopefully hinder last-hitting for them. However, with his immobility as far as harassing goes, your lane partner may have to cut the slack if the opposition can still hold their own.

And saying that spirit fire is 'more powerful' it's a lie. If you don't rush the opponent, sometimes they can bathe in the fire with no problems. The Armor Pen is key to hurting opponents, and for that reason they'll run out of it when they get into range with your physical attack. If you are against decent skill, you are going to need either allied help to keep them in while you strike them, or waste a wither, draining a skill point from what else you could be using, and finally land a hit, probably wasting mana for all 3 abilities. Not worth it.

As far as sheen goes, it's a large power booster on attack, and it only activates when a spell is casted. At 5 sec cooldown, it's one of the smallest cooldowns you can repeatedly spam, and CDR can make that even smaller. Overall, it makes your attack more of a burst effect to really jar an opponent in one strike. With enough Q buildup, you may want to run ahead of an opponent while waiting for Q cooldown. Heck, the Ultimate will drain HP as you run alongside them.

lLee Sin Pls

09-14-2010

Enemies pushing your tower hard 2v1? Level E first.

Not pushing too hard? Level Q first and get that extra farm early game.