I am so sad about Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

10-03-2012

I'm sad because I read his kit on release and instantly bought him. Because I love Nidalee. Because there are literally 0 tankyderps I find fun.

I'm so sad because I haven't played him at all. I can't bring myself to. It's not fair for the other team.

So now I own a champion who's kit I love but I can't play. And I still can't bring myself to play any tanky ads.

Nerf plox.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

You, sir, are a gentleman and I thank you for not spamming Jayce. However, I am sorry you feel you cannot play a champ that you like. My suggestion is to play him occasionally, but not every single game. There are often times where I will look up a Jax/Jayce/Kass player's profile and see a wall of that champ. Those are the people I truly despise.

Phourc

10-03-2012

I can't play him just because he stole superman's face... but I will admit he has a very classy skin.

MMKH

10-03-2012

Or you could play him but try out some troll builds just for fun.

Kiddalee

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
I'm so sad because I haven't played him at all. I can't bring myself to. It's not fair for the other team.

So now I own a champion who's kit I love but I can't play. And I still can't bring myself to play any tanky ads.

Nerf plox.
I don't like the idea of playing a boring or clunky champ just because he is powerful. I don't like the idea of picking an "OP" champ and failing because I can't play him. But as long as Jayce is fun, you should get over him being so powerful. The "wrong" reasons are there, but you are playing him for the "right" ones.

Besides, you're not supposed to equate gimping yourself with sportsmanship in PC games.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-03-2012

I played about 90/100 games as Jayce when he was released. Nyx87 despises me.

GrignardTS

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Besides, you're not supposed to equate gimping yourself with sportsmanship in PC games.
I played him enough to learn his kit decently well and understand that he was on the high end. It's not really a sportsmanship thing, more like a self worth thing. Wins won't feel as fulfilling because I know going in that I have an advantage.

Not like I look down on other's for playing him or any other of the OP champions here. Don't hate the player, hate the game

Quote:
I can't play him just because he stole superman's face... but I will admit he has a very classy skin.
LMAO!

Orphane

10-03-2012

I don't think there's a problem with playing a champ that's considered OP every now and then because you legitimately enjoy the way the champ plays and sometimes you just want to cut loose.

I think there's a problem when people have to play the same OP champ for every match because they think that's the only way to win.

DiscworldDeath

10-03-2012

Play him as a tanky dps, build him as a bruiser.

He's not as OP that way....

I mean, the pros were sort of right on SR. If you both build and play him as a tanky DPS you put in much more effort for about the same results as other tanky DPS. Then again, you're not playing him to his strengths, so of course that could be expected.

I play champions I find fun. Even if they're OP, even if they're UP. Even if I suck with them badly. That's the only way I can ensure I'll want to keep playing this game and have fun doing it.

MyDeadGrandma

10-03-2012

Go for it.

90% of Jayces are pants-on-head-sunfire-as-first-item ******* anyway. I've also stopped worrying about Kass because they're all so godamned thick and don't know how to play to an item build.