new champion idea: free style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jragoninja

10-23-2012

This is not the real thread where i will be pitching the idea just yet but, I just wanted some feedback and help before I make anything concrete. The idea is a champion that has almost no real attack, defense, or viable skills. His name is free Style. The way that he makes it on the fields of justice is by buying items. The key is his passive that allows him to gain a lot extra gold some how, possibly by making a significantly higher amount of money from creeps or a higher rate of gold generation. Another possible quirk is that he starts melee but he can buy an item exclusive to him from the store that makes him a ranged champions instead for a negative effect, possibly by lowering his defensive stats by a percentage or by lowering his damage by a percentage. All of his skills are very basic such but draw mostly from his items ex he has a slow but the percentage of scales with the amount of armor he has.

All of this is just speculation and I would like to get some ideas from other people. This is my first post and i thank you for reading it. I am still relatively new to league of legends so if there is anything wrong here that sounds just stupid please point it out.

From spectating a few matches i can see that method to telling how well a team is doing is my how much it is making. I under stand that this can screw it up but hopefully not too much.

Gradunk

10-23-2012

I think the name is dumb lol but here's a few pointers. k a few more pointers than i thought.
I think the abilities have to be quite generic for them to viable with a variety of builds, but if you use the ult as a role selection... for example, leveling the ult gives you some options, like khaz's ult.
each choice is different. one choice makes the rest of the abilities scale better with ad, one with ap, one makes them ranged if you want that range item etc. BUT! If you want to do that either you have to have the abilities scale a little bit with EVERYTHING to start (ad, ap, max hp, etc) or not scale at all but have higher base values until you choose an ult.

with the passive maybe it could be a bit of extra gold, then each choice of ult changes your passive depending on what you chose.

HOWEVER! i'm not sure it's possible to create a champion like this BECAUSE! i don't really know how to explain it cause it's quite complicated BUT! i'ma try.
SO! uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.
maybe one ability can be melee ad based, one can be ranged ap, one can be tanky or something. that would supposedly open the doors for all kinds of builds. mostly i think it would be extremely difficult to create abilities that would sync together in a way that works with each different build.
the only way i see it working well is if each choice of ult changed each ability slightly, so it works in each different way. that might make the champ way too complicated, but these are all just suggestions. also if you want to eventually create a lore for this champ... all i can say is good luck.
hope that gave you a few ideas. good luck with it.

EDIT: i didn't say if it was a worth while idea. HELLZ YEA! and if you manage to do it well, then congrats you're a pro, and the champ should be in league immediately, but i honestly doubt it will be very good. i can help you with numbers and stuff if you want or bounce ideas. just add me in game if you want to give it a shot.

The5lacker

10-23-2012

Conceptually, he's going to cap. Hard. Doesn't matter how much gold you get, six slots is six slots, and he's either going to be insanely powerful early game, or simply won't scale late game.

Sadly, this kind of a concept just isn't feasible due to the style and constraints of the game. The major selling point is that you have a champ for any role you can think of, and making a champ who's only role is to be any role you can think of is not only redundant, but would be nearly impossible to balance.