The thread in which Skarner is displeased

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

Senior Member

10-03-2012

*Slow clap -> normal clapping*

Well done good sir. I agree with every single point. And that's not just because part of your argument was supported by my words either. I agree with everything you said. That being the case, I'm very glad to have you as a judge for the auditions.

I also agree with the rant about "romance" and Creative Liberties. There are too many people getting overly sexual with their actions for some champions... As this has been a "hot topic", for the record, Shen is like a Vulcan from Star Trek. Cold, logical, focused on his duty, but even THEY make babies and have emotions. Shen has them, but he suppresses them in favor of logic and his duty. If the Shen RPer can find a logical, effectively "non-emotional" way or reason to do something with Akali, I'd be supportive of it as it matches the character. If you're gonna do it, do it for the right reasons, and not just because "it's fun" or "it's funny."

We, as fans, are free to create, but as champion RPers, we must be willing to bow down before the might of Riot's Lore in order to keep things on the straight and narrow, and not to break immersion or the character. That doesn't mean you cannot work within it to advance character development for your champion either. As long as what you are doing falls within the realm of logical possibility for the champion in question, I see no reason why you cannot attempt to go through with it. My words would be to simply be careful with what you're doing, and mindful of the consequences.

Anyway, good points, Skarner. Couldn't have said it better myself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emerald Owl

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post
Something that I feel a lot of people fail to grasp about the concept is that while yes, it's entirely possible that Garen and say, I'unno, Darius, could be lovers, for whatever insane reason, it's highly improbable.
I beg to differ.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador View Post
The guess I got, due to something I recall reading, is the trollmaster, Singed. Or the Flingmaster. Whichever one prefers.
It was in fact, Singed trolling someone when they thought she was also Wukong. They're pretty similiar though. I could imagine them having trolling, flinging, cloud-cloning children together. But I digress. If I had to guess who Wukong was, I'd say Vladimir. But I'm probably horribly off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hype Algerian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-03-2012

It's certainly not Rammus or Nasus, that's for sure.

Totally endorsing the points addressed in this thread (did I even need to say so?)

Although I took a lot of creative freedom with Rammus (hell, he allows for sooooo much of it), I barely took any for Nasus. I have said in a medical leave thread of mine some time ago that if anyone wants Nasus, they just need to take in mind the work I did with the character. As for Rammus, I'm not going to let go of him anytime soon (or anytime?).

Also, I do agree that people need to be more gentle. I posted an RP prompt as Rammus/Nasus going to who-knows-where (maybe Riven's b-day if Riven allowed me in, or one of Shaco's trap designs otherwise) but I got absolutely eaten alive. Didn't feel all that good after that, I tell you.

@ Miss Vanux: I knew about the Fortune/Shyvana thing and I thought you pulled it off really well. To think that you were also the new Lux... that's dedication ._.


P.S.: It's a known fact that I'm the RPer behind both and I never hid it, soooo~


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

10-03-2012

I'm really sorry if you took that the wrong way! I didn't mean any offense. I just didn't want anyone posting IC or OOC in the Closed RP. It sorta ruins the vibe, you know? Anyway, I'm really sorry. =(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

Senior Member

10-03-2012

I agree with most of this, except for the sitting point.

Except, maybe I'm biased.

But as I see it, a lot of characters don't get attention, barely get questions asked (let alone are thought of to exist), and as such I think it's kind of unfair to just "champion hop" until you find one people will want to interact with.

Furthermore, it's hard to be a part of the community when (at least to me), the focus of the community seems to be centered towards two things: shipping, and typescrewing. I have no problems or quarrels with either. Seriously. We've most likely all been there, and if not we've been around the community long enough to not be ignorant of not only that niche's existence, but also what it fully entails.

But as someone who's taking his character in a different direction, I find it very hard to find the will to come and represent Maokai in a day-to-day basis in other threads. What I guess I'm trying to say is that the majority of the community (no names in particular), tends to give off this vibe that perhaps what I, or other people are trying to do just don't fit in with the general consensus.

That's not to say you guys aren't amazing. I just think that there's a clear division between the black and white, and to me, at least, more and more people want to delve into the grey area, leaving one side far undermanned compared to the other.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Mordekaiserr

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Mordekaiser militant stamp of approval. I will now use excerpts of this whenever I decide I care enough to argue with people again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Kumiho

Senior Member

10-03-2012

I'm just waiting for a certain Night Hunter to be freed from her bonds.. *waits*

All joking (?) aside, if I gave upvotes (I'm allergic to graphical thumbs) I'd give them to you Skarner. Though people have been dancing around the topic, it's nice to have someone finally sit down and write it out in a way people can understand. Props.

Fk doublepost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrí Kumiho View Post
I'm just waiting for a certain Night Hunter to be freed from her bonds.. *waits*

All joking (?) aside, if I gave upvotes (I'm allergic to graphical thumbs) I'd give them to you Skarner. Though people have been dancing around the topic, it's nice to have someone finally sit down and write it out in a way people can understand. Props.

Fk doublepost.
Fortunately for you, I've got six left legs, so dancing around the topic at hand isn't what I do. (I still don't know why they call him a scorpion when he's anatomically incorrect.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Civilized Rat

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post
(I still don't know why they call him a scorpion when he's anatomically incorrect.)
I have no legs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilized Rat View Post
I have no legs.
I have no feet

No wonder we work so well together