The thread in which Skarner is displeased

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Monkey

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador View Post
I think I know Wu's other champ. Either I know, or he and the other champion are trollin' us together.

Also, Skarner <3
I work in mysterious ways....
But do take a guess, I like luck based games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Ambássador

Senior Member

10-03-2012

The guess I got, due to something I recall reading, is the trollmaster, Singed. Or the Flingmaster. Whichever one prefers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Monkey

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Wow, you hit it on the spot



















Not

Guessing the way you perceive which one I am, this should get interesting....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Ambássador

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Eh, as I said, it was a guess. Funny thing is, I remember YOU personally posting saying you were Singed. Could be just some weird dream of mine though... I've had weirder ones after all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Monkey

Senior Member

10-03-2012

I never posted I was Singed. But now that we're derailing the thread with dreams. I once dreamed I was naked in school, and everyone in my class was naked as well, the teacher too (*shivers*).
Funny thing, I had that dream when I fell asleep in Geography class.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Now to go respond in a polite, gentlemanly manner....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
I know some people are miffed at me playing three characters. Let me just say that I think most people agree I'm active enough with them. ^^; I'll give one up if it gets to be too much, and I promise I'm not taking another without trading one away.
I'd be a little more miffed if you let them fall to the wayside. You tend not to, but that doesn't mean most of what I've said doesn't still apply. Particularly because of our community size, I see people playing multiple champions as a considerable issue. You do it well. From the rumor I've heard and evidence I've been collecting personally... It can get preeeeeeetty bad.

You're an example of the right balance of activity and attentiveness BUT I've felt the pangs of character blending ever so slightly from you. I don't say that with malice. Not at all, it's merely an observation, and a formulated opinion. I could easily be wrong, but the thing I feel is important to mention is that even if I am, the fact that someone could see it speaks to a certain level of truth.

Something to consider, if nothing else, and not just for you, for everyone.

Bleh. Okay I'm rambling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Amumu View Post
I just want to say that if anyone, ANYONE, thinks Skarner has never had issues with these points, you're wrong. He has had trouble with them before. HOWEVER, the reason he knows them so well is because he has learned them the hard way. Him and a friend of mine argued constantly, and it was actually a rather pointless argument (*coughcough*). They even argued to the point where they both were threatening to leave the RP community. BUT, when they finally decided to be civil about it, they actually realized, "Hey, we don't need to argue like this!" And with that, their arguing ended and we were all happy little people again. So what I'm saying is, these points are entirely valid and they work. Try it some time. Maybe you'll enjoy it.
Actually, thanks for bringing that up. That illustrates my point absurdly well. I'm not perfect, and I have had to learn this the hard way. I mean I've known it for some time, but no one's perfect. Slip-ups happen. What's interesting about the example you've brought up is that while yeah, he and I get very very unpleasant, I don't recall either of us calling names. And most importantly, we're both still pretty sorry that it had to happen (That's an assumption on my part, since I can't really speak for him, though I get the feeling I know him well enough to say that)

Bleh... Bleh bleh, ramble ramble. You get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Several Individuals
We the over-signed agree with your opinions, dawg.
Okay good. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Megling View Post
Hmm, Skarner is an East-coaster

Rick Mercer is an East-coaster

They both write insightful and interesting rants.

Coincidence?
Reppin' mah East Coast fo' lyfe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask rumb1e View Post
...
why am I an example
You're not. As you can see from the list including Rumble I also included Lux and Purple Caster Minion, two thing I know you don't play. No idea about the rest, but I wasn't using you personally as an example, I was just firing off names of Champions and Rumble happens to be a favorite of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
I call dibs on IV and V.
DISCLAIMER: Merely a word of advice

Take 'em to heart. I was thinkin' 'bout you when I wrote 'em, though to be fair there were a couple others that came to mind. (And stayed there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
I am at two characters currently, and I'm with the other one more often than with Wu mostly because there's more RPing with him/her/it (not revealing anything!). But, I think I do a decent job...
If it's who I been told, and it might be, I'll eat my shorts.

Y U NO TELL ME, SUBORDINATE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
I never posted I was Singed. But now that we're derailing the thread with dreams. I once dreamed I was naked in school, and everyone in my class was naked as well, the teacher too (*shivers*).
Funny thing, I had that dream when I fell asleep in Geography class.
... Keep your pants on.

Everyone keep your pants on. I missed it in the intro but nggggggh find me the T rating for this game and then remind me why sexuality plays such a gigantic role around here lately.

It shouldn't. I can't name a single champion who focuses solely on ***. Not one.

Not. One.

I'mma rant a bit again, but this is mostly about personal opinion than anything.

Okay so ***. Sure it's great, fantastic, but I've felt for my entire life that wanton *** is pointless. It fulfills nothing but a physical urge and does nothing else. Now, my reason for saying this is because in a writing framework, unless you're just writing erotic fiction, no one really needs to see that. These forums are 13+ if I recall, and the idea that people are using them just to fictionally hook up kinda... Gives me the heebie jeebies.

*** has a place in writing, don't get me wrong. But that place is not "Just because". At least not when it's public to everyone. Honestly, regarding strictly rules, it shouldn't even be referenced, but... Whatever I can't change the world in under 24 hours. No, the place it has is a very important one, in that it should relate to character motivations. Really this particular point relates back to Point III. If it's done, does it contribute to the overall feel of the character? Or was it just done because "Hurrhurr that's funny I'll do dat narf." Was it important to them? Does it help to develop them as a character?

If any of those questions are answered with a no, go take your smut somewhere private, because these forums aren't the place for it. Even if they're all answered with a yes, Take it elsewhere, this ain't the place for it. I wouldn't sleep with my partner in the middle of town square, neither would a fair majority of the world. That's... Pretty much what you're doin'.

So go take it somewhere private, bring friends if you want, IDGAF, it's your privacy, you can pick how invaded it is, but it's not to be all but forced on others. One thing I gotta say though, is if you're gonna do it as the only way you advance your character, I don't think you're cut out for this role.

... Mmkay. Done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Monkey

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Ahri...

Quote:
If it's who I been told, and it might be, I'll eat my shorts.

Y U NO TELL ME, SUBORDINATE!?
Like all great knowledge, it will be revealed when it is needed the most...and I like to tease people.
But if anyone guesses correctly before this thread reaches page 10 I will make a thread with Wukong stating that I suck....a lot. And then dish myself with the other character.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Yorick Mori

Member

10-03-2012

Thumbs up, Skarner, I'm so glad that you refered to all of this. Especially your last two points. I would seriously love if people pointed out the mistakes gentle, without making terrible fuss out of it, as it happened recently.

And Anivia, I hope that one day my Yorick's thread will be among these, but above all I'd really appreciate you coming back. That was a bit unfair leaving the community before I even had a chance to become part of it. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
Ahri...
... Okay granted, but I'm not perfect, and it's not overplayed. It's kept largely to the imagination if she actually does anything with them or not, something that's been asked of like every single Ahri we've had since I showed up, and they've all had pretty much the same response.

"That's for me to know and you to mind your own business"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cryophoenix

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Yorick Mori View Post
Thumbs up, Skarner, I'm so glad that you refered to all of this. Especially your last two points. I would seriously love if people pointed out the mistakes gentle, without making terrible fuss out of it, as it happened recently.

And Anivia, I hope that one day my Yorick's thread will be among these, but above all I'd really appreciate you coming back. That was a bit unfair leaving the community before I even had a chance to become part of it. :P
Aww, I feel the love. <3

I will admit I haven't seen anyone else pick up Anivia and I'm slightly disappointed by that, I think that if I don't come back sometime soon no one else will give the character the love she so rightly deserves. Her concept is just so awesome. <3

We'll see, I'll check if any questions pop up on my board sometime and I guess we'll just see what happens.

And I'll keep an eye on your board for now.


12345678 ... 11