Champion Auditions - Vi, the Piltover Enforcer

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-16-2012

These Auditions will be run using the guidelines set forth HERE, except for one small change. First, however, if you are auditioning for Vi, please read them and understand what you're getting yourself into. Normally, we would go through the process of selecting judges and the like that would act in the case that the community wasn't clear cut on the audition they enjoyed the most. In the interest of time (as Vi came very quickly after Nami was released), the judges from last time will carry over and pull double duty. Everything else other than that will remain the same!

PLEASE DO NOT EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING UNTIL YOU HAVE A SMURF!!

This will protect your identity to keep things equal and devoid of favoritism.

Also, please don't RP with your smurfs until a winner is selected!

Welcome to the Vi Champion Auditions!

This thread should be self-explanatory, but for those of you who are new to the process, let me break it down. First, please start by reading the guidelines linked above. That will help explain the process a little better. Assuming you've already done that, I'll cut to the chase. This is where the magic will happen. "Smurf" accounts that want to have a chance to portray Vi will post in this thread, announcing their intent to compete. They will then be listed in the main post here.

Once we have a list of the candidates, we will go about the audition, voting, and judging process. Rather than cluttering the forums with multiple threads, the gathering of applicants will be done in this thread, as well as the submissions. When we're sure we have all the applicants, the process of submissions can begin. For ease, please post all Questions/tasks together in a single post for your audition if possible. This will make it much easier to keep track of all the submissions. As they come in, we'll attempt to link them next to the names of the applicants for easy access.

The questions and tasks for the auditions can be seen below, so prospective applicants can get their creative juices flowing or even start working on their submissions before they can submit them. However, please don't submit early. The status of the auditions will be updated as time goes along, so check back now and again to see how we're progressing!

****** CURRENT STATUS: ACCEPTING AUDITIONS!! ******

I am extending the deadline to December 26th at Noon PST due to Holiday Concerns.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Questions/Tasks:

1) Traditionally, "League Judgments" were asked to be created for a champion. However, while entertaining to a degree, they lack the true weight of the actual situation.

Your main task is to write out how events played out within the mine, as it was the biggest life-changing event Vi ever had to deal with. Her "family", the band of thieves, sought to make a quick escape, but why did Vi stay? What changed in her? How was this different than her other escapades as a thief? Really get inside Vi's head and show us what is driving her, as this is her core defining moment as a person. This is your chance to build your idea of Vi into the character you will be portraying for all to see. As long as she arrives at the destination of her current Riot Lore, feel free to develop her as a character. This is a prime opportunity to blindside us with your creativity, and allow her to stun us with artistic flavor. Show us YOUR Vi that you will portray on the forums as a character, and hit us with a one-two punch that Riot did not have the time to adequately explain or add in her existing profile.

2) Next, imagine our friend Ram Steed, now working as an independent journalist since the collapse of the Journal of Justice, has taken a trip to Piltover to gain some information about who Vi is, so he can bring the truth of things to the public eye. Express your views (In character and in Interview Format!) on Jayce, Blitzcrank, and, of course, Caitlyn. However, Ram Steed has also decided to ask Vi about a "Fourth Champion." As the RPer, it is your job to choose this 4th Champion. Your reasoning for this choice should be contained in a small explanation below this part of the submission. Think about how Vi speaking about this champion could reveal something about her as a character. This is yet another chance to surprise us with your insight into the rough and tumble mind of Vi, and who she is as a person.

Bonus: Once more, we won't be asking about a Breakfast of Champions. I think everyone can agree Vi would enjoy dolling out cups of "punch in the face", however. Anyway, for this question, imagine Caitlyn and Vi are responding to a hostage situation in Piltover. How do Caitlyn and Vi act as a team? How does Vi respond to the situation differently when compared to Caitlyn? Now, clearly, this is a bonus question, but I would suggest going through the difficulty to prepare it. After all, the more material the community has, and we have as judges, the more accurately they can vote for their opinion of most accurate portrayal. As a bonus question, this doesn't have to be as long as the other submission, but this is a first look into how you'll interact with the current Caitlyn RPer, and give you a chance to demonstrate how you think Vi interacts with Caitlyn. So, the more material and insight, the better!

PRIMARY JUDGES
Ryugi Kazamaru "Kaz"
SandscourgeSkarn
Iron Ambássador

BACKUP JUDGE
Ask Talon

In the event that one of the Primary Judges cannot take part in the judging of submissions, if it comes to that, Ask Talon will take their place.

Participants:
Enforcer Vi
Ask the Enforcer
Dear Vi
Vi for Violence
Ask The Ënforcer
Ask Vi

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Enforcer Vi

12-16-2012

Signing up!

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-16-2012

Added!

Ask the Enforcer

12-16-2012

So, this's the place? I guess I can dig this, yep. I'll be seeing what I can do 'bout your interview and questions in between listening to Cait yak on and on about coming in on time, mopping up the streets, and filling out Cait's inbox paperwork for not listening to her yakkin' on. But yeah, count me in.

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-16-2012

"Early" submissions of IC things will not turn me from my duty to non-biased voting! *poses all heroic*

I'll let the submissions, when we open them up, do the talking.

EDIT: Also added.

Dear Vi

12-16-2012

You're third Vi has arrived!

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-16-2012

Good lord, up to three already...

Ask the Herald

12-16-2012

This is doing far better than Nami and even Rengar.

Also, good to all of you Vi's

Ask the Enforcer

12-16-2012

Our name is Legion, for we are many. And yeah, I was under the impression doing IC stuff was relatively harmless. No harm in just doing a couple of warm-up laps before a race, right?

Ryugi Kazamaru

12-16-2012

Well, it gives people too much of an early impression that makes them attached to a portrayal.

By keeping it out, it allows a better impression (and less bias) with the actual audition, which we want more than anything else.

1234511 ... 20