I love the new honor system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malrock3

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
Do you think you'd still have a clear memory of what went on in the game if you came back to honor later?
I would often leave the end game screen and forget to report some one who was raging or afk'd and would want to be able to go back immediately to make sure i reported that person. Thus i don't imagine it would be going back a long period of time to report / honor some one more of an immediate... aw crud... i closed the screen too fast... need to go back... can't do that? oh bummer...

xxTundrAxx

10-04-2012

in my experience ppl are much nicer than they were. I guess ppl will do most anything for points, even be nice to one another.

wp Riot

Illecebra

10-04-2012

I personally like the new hono(u)r system. I was sceptical about it when it was announced but I feel it HAS had a positive impact on the community, even if people are just playing nice opposed to feeling nice.

My first entry into ranked a few weeks ago was depressing. It was a wonder my teams managed to eek out 3 wins out of my first ten considering how mean people were being to each other on both sides. Hono(u)r system comes out, bam, 4 wins because of good teamwork, 2 losses because the other team had superior comp and teamplay. Not because the players were acting like complete dickheads and losing sight of the prize.

I have noticed a minor bug with the system. I noticed that when I logged in this morning and was awarded hono(u)rs for helpfulness, when I obviously had not recently been in a game. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the system is currently only capable of awarding hono(u)rs one at a time, and the rest just sits in queue for the next time you come out of a match / login.

Anyways, awesome system, keep it up!

MxZeal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I didn't have 1 game where anyone raged and i played 20 games this week.. NOT ONE!!
this is best thing ever, it seriously looked like no one would care.. but hey guess the CoD kiddies like their badges

Zephalon

10-04-2012

Thumbs up for the Honor System...

Mein

10-04-2012

Quote:
Do you think you'd still have a clear memory of what went on in the game if you came back to honor later?
what if you could report/honor people through your match history? once the match is gone its gone or even like only the last 3 matches or the very last game.

InyoPants

10-04-2012

Quote:
Yes. You should be able to honor anyone on your recently played (only once each of course). It won't be misused, because there's no motivation to honor people that you don't remember.

Gibgezr

10-04-2012

The new system does seem to have really toned down the ragers.

Know what really feels great? Getting honour, just for acting exactly the same way you always did anyway.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSouI View Post
Maybe some like you can give honor to a players of your last game in the last 1 min after you leave the lobby

or a screen that can say ''Dont forget to give honor''
My guess is the thought behind it is the same reason you can't report after you leave the lobby. It's a lot easier to report/honor the wrong person without the stats there in front of you, it's only a small percentage of cases that get missed*, and it would potentially require a hefty bit of work for little to no reward.

*I would actually hazard the possibility that you could miss more opportunities if you got used to being able to honor/report people after you left the lobby, as you would be less careful about leaving the lobby.

CritsAProcess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Honor System gets +1 honor for teamwork, friendliness AND being helpful.