Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Que dodging punishment needs to be more severe in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurilion

10-05-2012

I find them too strict. As someone who doesn't que dodge and plays mainly for fun, yet wanting to improve. I find the times where my client crashes to be SUPER annoying. The client reads it as a dodge yet I'm not dodging.

Funkeejunkee

10-18-2012

I don' think the penalty's should be as strict. you want your rating to goo even lower?? I was in one today no tank no support and 2 mid characters are you supposed to continue??

Hu1ch

10-19-2012

If you refuse to queue , dodge that is your personal decision. Why should there be stricter penalties other than the fact that YOU don't queue dodge and YOU don't like it when people do.

Why do I dodge? If I don't like the team composition or I don't like one of the players on my team. If I dodge that is a 30 minute penalty for ranked, meaning I cannot play ranked for the equivalent of one full game.

So far the reasoning I have seen for a stricter penalty is simply, "I don't do it, you shouldn't either." and "It takes 3 champion picks/bans before I get to a game." Neither of those reasons seem good enough for stricter penalties as the first one is personal preference and the second one doesn't always happen, its a chance thing.

Sandwich today

01-23-2013

Honestly if i ever dodge a game i am going to just go play an aram which is fun so there is never really a down side to dodging. So i only play if my team is way better then theres.

This is not really what i do but i think shows a good point to why the punishment needs to be stricter.

Jeremyls

01-23-2013

if you made que dodge punishment more severe you would be stuck with those bad teams someone dodged from in the beginning, worse teams, worse elo think before you post bro

ROOFIECOPTER

01-23-2013

Queue dodging needs to be LESS severe.

I've been climbing elo recently so I care a bit more about the teams I get.

Over the last 2 days, I've dodged 4 times because of either trolls or I didn't have a good feeling about team comps.

That's 3 hours of queue ban penalties. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have 3 hours of queue bans than losing 4 games, but I think it's pretty unfair that with the current system it's either "Get trolled in your game, or dodge and not be able to play for 30mins-1hour.

Unkynd

01-24-2013

Dodging is the easiest way to gain ELO.

I rarely dodge also, even when I know I'm going into a losing game... but, there's an obvious reason why people do it so often. If your main goal is to gain ELO, dodge is your best friend. I can predict my losses before game at least half the time.

Thelohel

01-24-2013

Quote:
Unkynd:
Dodging is the easiest way to gain ELO.

I rarely dodge also, even when I know I'm going into a losing game... but, there's an obvious reason why people do it so often. If your main goal is to gain ELO, dodge is your best friend. I can predict my losses before game at least half the time.

Basically dodging is exploitable and people like trying to cherry pick teams instead of trying to get better.

m0dified

01-24-2013

Hahaha adding Elo loss to dodging is a horrible idea and IMO will have a negative affect on solo queue, I dodge for a variety of reasons (Team is already arguing in champ elect, some champs I just refuse to play with from personal experience like ashe or teemo or sometime I just get a bad feeling and change my mind about playing).

Until the game has actually moved over to load screen, I'm not obligated to play that match. And considering I'm assuming your still low in rating, someone dodging does not cost you that much time, a few minutes at most and what happens if someone gets hit with a power outage or a their net drops out?

I know perhaps we could go back to the season 1 system was it, I'm pretty certain the first time I ever tried to played ranked, you were committed to the match the second you enter champ select (feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I didn't really pay much attention to the game back then) and even if you DC'd, the servers would just assign "you" a random champion and load you into the game anyway, then your 4 poor unfortunate team mates would be stuck with a 4v5 from the start of the game which is almost a guaruntee'd loss.

Personally I'd like to see Riot implement a personal ban lists, hell just use the existing Ignore list but add it into match making. These are obviously people I either find offensive, idiotic, trollers, ****** bags and a myriad of other things that make me not want to see their text on the screen. So it is safe to assume I do not want them on my team so please don't team us up, sure let them play against me but obviously there is something about their personality that I consider "unfun"

Selcopa

01-24-2013

all irrelevant anyways, new system coming