Que dodging punishment needs to be more severe in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draneth

10-03-2012

I'm stuck in ELO hell for one reason. I refuse to que dodge.

Every time I start a ranked game, I go through at least 1, sometimes as many as 3, champion select screens before I get a game in which no one que dodges.

At that point, I'm usually stuck with at least one idiot teammate who double-picks a lane or counter-picks himself. Despite this, I refuse to dodge. It's poor sportsmanship.

We really need harsher punishments for those who dodge ranked ques. I'm at a huge disadvantage because I play the game honestly.

The existing punishments for que dodging are too lenient on level 30s.

tl;dr:
If your ELO is less than 1200 and you don't que dodge, you're at a disadvantage. This NEEDS to be fixed with harsh punishments on ranked que dodgers.

Makishima

10-03-2012

after que dodging once you have to wait an hour to play another game. If they made que dodging more severe in ranked many people would stop playing ranked all together out of complete fear of who they may be paired with.

the system is the way it is now to save us from kids who troll horribly or kids who have played 100 heimerdinger games and the record is 20-80 with a 2-9-8 kda

Larrythetapist

10-03-2012

i agree with you on the concept but not the numbers.

while it is true that que-dodgers are artificially improving their elo at the expense of everyone else, it is not as severe as you may think.

First of all, only a fraction (maybe 15%?) of ranked players can really stand the agony of waiting 30min- 2 hours at a time to play a 20-40 min game. Just to inflate a meaningless number that only themselves and their moms look at anyways.

Secondly, when they dodge, they are effectively giving themselves time-bans, so they only play a fraction as many games as they would have, versus if they dont dodge.

so really, the total impact they have on the ranked community is not that severe. I expect a less than 25 elo average impact on everyone else who dont dodge.

Elanaran

Recruiter

10-03-2012

I think you keep the 30 min penalty but add -10 elo. Not as much as a loss would be, but still something to really make you think about being a repeated dodger.

Dreadgoat54321

10-03-2012

This happened to me today, 3 people threatened to troll/feed if they didn't get solo mid (all of them locked in solo mid champs). I dodged primarily because I didn't want to put up with that as it would be time spent doing i didn't really want to do (if they were going to troll) and secondly because i didn't want to lose elo because a pack of spoiled pre teens didn't get their way.

BluApex

10-03-2012

Seriously, what the hell am I suppose to do when faced with this:
*******http://imgur.com/dN8aZ******

And now its time for me to sit out for 30 minutes because I am forced to dodge a worse team than i would get in a normal.

Riot, either lose 10 elo dodge or give us an option to report before we dodge.

Edit: and this is 1900 elo here, not just elo hell.

Makishima

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluApex View Post
Seriously, what the hell am I suppose to do when faced with this:
*******http://imgur.com/dN8aZ******

And now its time for me to sit out for 30 minutes because I am forced to dodge a worse team than i would get in a normal.

Riot, either lose 10 elo dodge or give us an option to report before we dodge.

Edit: and this is 1900 elo here, not just elo hell.
if they added -10 elo for dodging i would prob quit LoL i remember how it was before when they had a elo penalty for dodging and how ranked was the most stressful think on the planet.

now i actually do ranked because i know riot has kept me safe from trolls without costing me elo. i would hate for things to go back to how they were before. back when there was elo loss on dodges ranked was a nightmare

Obeyasr15

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadgoat54321 View Post
This happened to me today, 3 people threatened to troll/feed if they didn't get solo mid (all of them locked in solo mid champs). I dodged primarily because I didn't want to put up with that as it would be time spent doing i didn't really want to do (if they were going to troll) and secondly because i didn't want to lose elo because a pack of spoiled pre teens didn't get their way.
quoted for the most truth I've seen in a post.

SFG mAEtb0y

10-04-2012

It used to be more severe. You used to lose 10 elo for dodging. In games with trolls in champ select you had to choose between playing through an obvious loss and losing elo anyway, or dodging and losing 10 elo automatically. It really punished you for wanting to avoid a bad situation and ended up causing elo loss which was completely unrelated to gameplay, which contradicts the purpose of the elo system.
How bad is it really if someone dodges, anyway? You have to wait a few minutes to start again? The person who dodged had to wait a full 30 minutes assuming they hadn't already dodged, and it scales up for every consecutive dodge.
Just man up and deal with it.

KirkVanH0uten

10-04-2012

Personally i think queue dodging penalties are TOO strict. I got into a game where two people asked our highest elo player to take support so as soon as he does they start trolling saying were all screwed now blah blah and they take soraka and janna. OF COURSE im gunna dodge it. So now because i dont want to play an all support team in ranked means i have to wait 30 minutes. first dodge ive had in 3 days. Thats too much time to screw me out of because some random kids want to just mess with people. I'd rather not lose Elo because people intentionally do this. Its one thing to queue dodge because you dont like youre team comp but honestly they gotta implement something to stop people from doing this. its the most annoying thing in this game. P.S. the trolls dont care about losing elo so they wont dodge. THUS your argument doesnt in anyway discourage them from doing it and actually helps them screw us all who are trying to play seriously.