@ Cocky Darius users.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenblade932 View Post
I agree 100% i am still trying to get my friend to stop using Darius cause he is all he does is run in and ult... Yet he is still terrible. I also agree with the players of Darius... Sometimes my friend is a total idiot...
I don't have problem with Darius' potential at all, just their players. It truly annoys me too, when my friends gloat how they contribute 0 to their team. Darius can be a strong component to a team, with his grab and damage, but the majority of the @ssholes refuse to set up kills for him own team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telamox

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
I don't have problem with Darius' potential at all, just their players. It truly annoys me too, when my friends gloat how they contribute 0 to their team. Darius can be a strong component to a team, with his grab and damage, but the majority of the @ssholes refuse to set up kills for him own team.
I have my suspicions if you were to give them any bruiser besides Darius, they would do the EXACT SAME THING. It is a case of the player's fault, and nothing else. The champion is fine, and I'm glad we are in agreement. It is all to do with the player and their mentality.

Alot of the reasoning behind why said players are gloating, egotistical types is due to the desire to be the 'carry'. They have a desire to be the one person who single-handedly makes their team win, irrespective of the nature of the game itself. It is a desire to compete and prove that you are better then everyone else. It happens alot in other games as well, and is quite the common trait across most online players. In LoL it manifests as instalocks for either bruiser/carries, irrespective of other people and their skillsets/preferences, and when they are bruisers, have a carry mentality to the game: aim to obtain as many kills as possible, raging at you if you 'stole their kill' or do not support them, and do not desire to set-up kills to go to the carries on their own team. It just happens to be they pick Darius, due to his kit and the nature of his ultimate. The champion isn't badly designed for his intended purpose of messing with the current bruiser favourites, it's just people are using it to feed their own desires.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telamox View Post
I have my suspicions if you were to give them any bruiser besides Darius, they would do the EXACT SAME THING. It is a case of the player's fault, and nothing else. The champion is fine, and I'm glad we are in agreement. It is all to do with the player and their mentality.

Alot of the reasoning behind why said players are gloating, egotistical types is due to the desire to be the 'carry'. They have a desire to be the one person who single-handedly makes their team win, irrespective of the nature of the game itself. It is a desire to compete and prove that you are better then everyone else. It happens alot in other games as well, and is quite the common trait across most online players. In LoL it manifests as instalocks for either bruiser/carries, irrespective of other people and their skillsets/preferences, and when they are bruisers, have a carry mentality to the game: aim to obtain as many kills as possible, raging at you if you 'stole their kill' or do not support them, and do not desire to set-up kills to go to the carries on their own team. It just happens to be they pick Darius, due to his kit and the nature of his ultimate. The champion isn't badly designed for his intended purpose of messing with the current bruiser favourites, it's just people are using it to feed their own desires.
Many bruisers are glad to contribute to their team, since their kit revolves around it; Kennen, Shen, Malphite etc. I am confused whether it is the possessive aura of Darius' kit persuading the player to act in such a ill-mannered way, or it's just a coincidence that 90% of the Darius players I encounter just happen to be complete ******bags.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

Senior Member

10-04-2012

I play Darius from time to time when I go top. I also play Nasus or Jarvan at times too.
In fact I'm playing Darius more and more now because of such an aggressive meta LoL has evolved into.
So technically I'm sort of a Darius player.

Hes fun and I agree that he can just faceroll certain champs and people who don't understand fully how he works

If I can't go top with Darius maybe I'll jungle with Darius or switch to Malphite or Trundle Jungle.
If I can't do either I don't mind going bot. Blitzcrank is a support I do pretty good with.
When I mid I go on hit Kog'maw or Annie. Not hard champs because I'm not too great of a player but Champs I can rely on.

In the case where I can go Darius top, I feel like I can make an impact on my lane because unlike Nasus I'm not being bullied so often.
I can contribute to my team and use Hard CC and harass back early game as Darius. Its great to have such good capabilities in a champ.
In fights I always try to tank for my team, I'm usually in the front of the fight beside the tank or at the very least flashing into the enemy carry to help my team.
I take time to pull enemy bruisers away from my carry with my e or sometimes even pull people over the wall.

I'm a Darius player and I try my best to be a good tanky dps.
Sometimes I accidentally KS. It happens in the heat of the fight and you don't think 100%.
But most of the time people are mature enough to understand that and I say sorry.
I don't do crazy stuff like hanging back to KS or flashing in just to ulti a guy (unless its to save someone)

I think I'm a good Darius player. And try my best to be a positive player on which ever team I'm on

However

According to you, who completely throws away individuality I'm a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
typically narrow-minded who will only play that one champion, and will not resort to any other roles.
And apparently I also
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
typically go bot Darius when top/jungle is taken and proceed to ruin the game for his team.
And because you carelessly throw everyone who plays Darius on a regular basis together
I also spew out
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
childish taunts and trash talk after doing your normal faceroll combo.
So apparently "hey taric help me ward around the river a bit i'll help i got a 2 wards left" is VERY CHILDISH AND TRASHY
Man I must be a terrible person because I play this champ from time to time.


This champion is also apparently very toxic because despite everything I try to do as a team player I'm automatically known to
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
opens his hole once again and let out his 10 year old ego out.
And
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
As usual, his team loses because all he does is take that 5% enemy from the AP carry and ADC, and in the end, just become a pathetic excuse of a blob.
I'm put in a group that is considered a pathetic excuse of a blob that just lives to KS my team.

Also I run into 1v5 thinking I can win because thats what a Darius player automatically does. I also
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
immediately drag his ass to /all and proceed to bleed out of his anus.
I spew out pretty graphic language huh?
A wonder I'm not banned yet

But it's ok because I'm a part of Darius's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
f*ggotry fan club.
Well Mr.DesertFox dude
Lemme tell you something, and this is from someone who used to hate Darius but after playing him found out he isn't such a cake walk.
But fine I'll play your game.
You are ignorant, oblivious and obviously very ill mannered.


-You group every player together under the basis of playing a certain character in a game.
Yes that is what you pretty much wrote and I'm pretty offended seeing as I fall under this category purely because I play Darius (seeing as you ignore who I am and everything else I do)
-You rant and spew out pretty disgusting stuff and what makes it bad is that you spew it out to a very large group of people.
-You call us childish and a pathetic excuse of a blob when you yourself are becoming the exact same by doing so in such an ignorant way.

Also you don't even know how to lane against Darius.
This inexperienced Rambo here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Just be glad that you're playing against an inexperienced Rambo, who refuse to properly use the most simple hit and run tactic.
Doesn't use a hit and run tactic because he is Xin zhao.
He has to commit to a fight.


Darius is the one who uses the hit and run tactic, his Q is perfect for it. Darius whittles the enemy down by using his Q and backing off. Only engaging when he has a good advantage from the harass.
The best way to beat a Darius is not a hit and run tactic especially when you are a melee bruiser (unless you're Riven). It is to hit him hard committing to a fight.
While Darius is a good skirmisher and 1v1, after he uses Q and W, his damage output severely drops under most of the bruisers top. Xin's sustained dps can win the trade or even kill Darius under the fight, just not early game.
Ganks are what is needed.

Next time you post rants about child-like players and pathetic excuses for a blob, why don't you preview your post to check if you don't become one yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telamox

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Many bruisers are glad to contribute to their team, since their kit revolves around it; Kennen, Shen, Malphite etc. I am confused whether it is the possessive aura of Darius' kit persuading the player to act in such a ill-mannered way, or it's just a coincidence that 90% of the Darius players I encounter just happen to be complete ******bags.
Malphite and Shen are tanks, Kennen is AP squishy. I'm not familiar with any form of bruiser Kennen.

As for bruisers being glad to contribute, letting their carries get kills and other team-oriented actions, those are the players who understand that your carry needs the gold alot more then you do, and try to avoid from denying their own team mates kills.

I haven't understood why there is alot of rage over so-called Killstealing, since the entire goal is for the destruction of the Nexus. If you are taking it as opposing sides in a war, why do you care who kills them? Wouldn't a better viewpoint be "They died, and it's all that matters?" or "One less obstacle to the objective?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Handsome Aniki

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Wait, there's such a thing as a good Darius player?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telamox View Post
Malphite and Shen are tanks, Kennen is AP squishy. I'm not familiar with any form of bruiser Kennen.

As for bruisers being glad to contribute, those are the players who understand that your carry needs the gold alot more then you do, and try to avoid from denying their own team mates kills.

I haven't understood why there is alot of rage over so-called Killstealing, since the entire goal is for the destruction of the Nexus. If you are taking it as opposing sides in a war, why do you care who kills them? Wouldn't a better viewpoint be "They died, and it's all that matters?" or "One less obstacle to the objective?"
To me, there is a distinct difference between waiting in the bush for 20 seconds, and then flash in to ult an enemy that was sure to die, then dying almost immediately afterward, followed by your team try to save the out-of-position darius, than a Malphite/Shen dives in through hordes of enemies, allowing your APC & ADC to dish it out, which apply thrice the team fight presence. Of course, rarely, I see a good darius who simply grab his foes, completely 50%'s the enemy squishies, then allow his team to follow him and proceed to ace. My message is more or less, to those Darius whose attitude is toxic to the game and their contribution is worse than an easy-mode AI.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevíñ

Senior Member

10-04-2012

xin beats darius early on so idk man


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
I play Darius from time to time when I go top. I also play Nasus or Jarvan at times too.
In fact I'm playing Darius more and more now because of such an aggressive meta LoL has evolved into.
So technically I'm sort of a Darius player.

Hes fun and I agree that he can just faceroll certain champs and people who don't understand fully how he works

If I can't go top with Darius maybe I'll jungle with Darius or switch to Malphite or Trundle Jungle.
If I can't do either I don't mind going bot. Blitzcrank is a support I do pretty good with.
When I mid I go on hit Kog'maw or Annie. Not hard champs because I'm not too great of a player but Champs I can rely on.

In the case where I can go Darius top, I feel like I can make an impact on my lane because unlike Nasus I'm not being bullied so often.
I can contribute to my team and use Hard CC and harass back early game as Darius. Its great to have such good capabilities in a champ.
In fights I always try to tank for my team, I'm usually in the front of the fight beside the tank or at the very least flashing into the enemy carry to help my team.
I take time to pull enemy bruisers away from my carry with my e or sometimes even pull people over the wall.

I'm a Darius player and I try my best to be a good tanky dps.
Sometimes I accidentally KS. It happens in the heat of the fight and you don't think 100%.
But most of the time people are mature enough to understand that and I say sorry.
I don't do crazy stuff like hanging back to KS or flashing in just to ulti a guy (unless its to save someone)

I think I'm a good Darius player. And try my best to be a positive player on which ever team I'm on

However

According to you, who completely throws away individuality I'm a


And apparently I also


And because you carelessly throw everyone who plays Darius on a regular basis together
I also spew out

So apparently "hey taric help me ward around the river a bit i'll help i got a 2 wards left" is VERY CHILDISH AND TRASHY
Man I must be a terrible person because I play this champ from time to time.


This champion is also apparently very toxic because despite everything I try to do as a team player I'm automatically known to


And

I'm put in a group that is considered a pathetic excuse of a blob that just lives to KS my team.

Also I run into 1v5 thinking I can win because thats what a Darius player automatically does. I also

I spew out pretty graphic language huh?
A wonder I'm not banned yet

But it's ok because I'm a part of Darius's


Well Mr.DesertFox dude
Lemme tell you something, and this is from someone who used to hate Darius but after playing him found out he isn't such a cake walk.
But fine I'll play your game.
You are ignorant, oblivious and obviously very ill mannered.


-You group every player together under the basis of playing a certain character in a game.
Yes that is what you pretty much wrote and I'm pretty offended seeing as I fall under this category purely because I play Darius (seeing as you ignore who I am and everything else I do)
-You rant and spew out pretty disgusting stuff and what makes it bad is that you spew it out to a very large group of people.
-You call us childish and a pathetic excuse of a blob when you yourself are becoming the exact same by doing so in such an ignorant way.

Also you don't even know how to lane against Darius.
This inexperienced Rambo here


Doesn't use a hit and run tactic because he is Xin zhao.
He has to commit to a fight.


Darius is the one who uses the hit and run tactic, his Q is perfect for it. Darius whittles the enemy down by using his Q and backing off. Only engaging when he has a good advantage from the harass.
The best way to beat a Darius is not a hit and run tactic especially when you are a melee bruiser (unless you're Riven). It is to hit him hard committing to a fight.
While Darius is a good skirmisher and 1v1, after he uses Q and W, his damage output severely drops under most of the bruisers top. Xin's sustained dps can win the trade or even kill Darius under the fight, just not early game.
Ganks are what is needed.

Next time you post rants about child-like players and pathetic excuses for a blob, why don't you preview your post to check if you don't become one yourself.
As soon as you included yourself in the category of my post, I've got not much to say. Notice how I use words like “tend", "typically". I am speaking with my experiences from past games and just sharing my discovery of pattern. You apparently took every word as a stab at yourself, which I couldn't blame. EXCEPT this is a message to those who refuse to play any other roles than Darius. If the above is how you play ingame, then props to you for being a credit to your kind, despite my doubts of your insults to me. But if you further wish to include yourself in the ill-mannered and toxic, by all means, keep deforming yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
As soon as you included yourself in the category of my post, I've got not much to say. Notice how I use words like “tend", "typically". I am speaking with my experiences from past games and just sharing my discovery of pattern. You apparently took every word as a stab at yourself, which I couldn't blame. EXCEPT this is a message to those who refuse to play any other roles than Darius. If the above is how you play ingame, then props to you for being a credit to your kind, despite my doubts of your insults to me. But if you further wish to include yourself in the ill-mannered and toxic, by all means, keep deforming yourself.
If you keep making posts like the post below than you are no better than the pathetic excuses for a blob you yourself mention.
Why don't you take a look at what disgusting and demeaning things you accuse "typical" people of being?

-Whenever Darius "carries" (watch fight for 30 seconds, and press R), he opens his hole once again and let out his 10 year old ego out.
-As usual, his team loses because all he does is take that 5% enemy from the AP carry and ADC, and in the end, just become a pathetic excuse of a blob.
-he immediately drag his ass to /all and proceed to bleed out of his anus.


As for thinking that the words "typically" and "tend" are words that exclude us then no. In fact that is what includes us.

Your entire original post accuses every single regular Darius player of this behavior.
Why? Because you are just saying this from your own views.
Typical is only from your point of view
I've never met enough "10yearoldego" Darius's that have associated Darius to that group.
A total of 2 "10yearolds" is how many bad Darius's out of my entire LoL time.
However
I've met much much more angry and immature people from the following champions
Katarina, Graves, Ezreal, Brand, Diana (she even came out after Darius), and Alistar
Heck I've seen more angry-mean Sorokas than I have Darius's

Does that mean that the typical Katarina, Graves, Ezreal, Brand, Diana, Alistar, and Soroka players are as you say "Pathetic excuses for a blob?" or have "10 year old egos?"

Of course not
I've met many of the people who play the champs above that were a blast to play with. They were nice, gave out mias, said sorry when they messed up, and always had a positive attitude that sometimes pulled the team through.

Your post using the word "tend" and "typical" is biased and plain unfair. The reason I see myself lumped into this category is in fact partly because of those 2 words.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
It must be fun to roflstomp that Xin on our team who instant lock and simultaneously counter pick himself?
Well you can keep your sh*t to yourself.
I am tired of your childish taunts and trash talk after doing your normal faceroll combo.
Just be glad that you're playing against an inexperienced Rambo, who refuse to properly use the most simple hit and run tactic.
Darius are typically narrow-minded who will only play that one champion, and will not resort to any other roles.
They typically go bot Darius when top/jungle is taken and proceed to ruin the game for his team.
Whenever Darius "carries" (watch fight for 30 seconds, and press R), he opens his hole once again and let out his 10 year old ego out.
As usual, his team loses because all he does is take that 5% enemy from the AP carry and ADC, and in the end, just become a pathetic excuse of a blob.
Soon, he realize he can't 1v5 with his entire team at 40 assists, so once again, he immediately drag his ass to /all and proceed to bleed out of his anus.

Nothin' against you Darius, just your f*ggotry fan club.