Annie buffs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turulHAARP

10-03-2012

MY thoughts about annie as a whole:
Annie is a tanky AP mage the shield indicates this too.So i often pick up roa and rylai's for hp,mana,ap and the incredible utility as well as athene's unholy grail,rabadon's and void staff.

She lacks mobility and lacks range on W.Often happens that if i land a Q with stun up i don't have the time to get in range for a W.This is really annoying and holds her back.Since she has no mobility and escape we should be able to win trades in lane to gain advantage.
Also the mobility problem is there not on annie but on Tibbers too.AFAIK Tibbers has 350 movement speed.That's enough for what?I need to move tibbers after a stun in mid lane before the stun wears off to maximize the aoe burn dmg but even with this if the enemy player decided to run in other direction than all of my effort has been wasted.Not cool,not cool at all...

Firstly i would request a movement speed boost upon activating Molten Shield.

How is this good?
It gives a semi-escape mechanism when stun is not ready.It gives the so much needed speed to counter the low range on W,in this case W doesn't need buff imo.
Also it would eliminate partly the reliance on flash to do anything plus it would give roaming annie a huge potential(yes such thing exists :3).

Other idea is what someone already suggested to give Tibber more survivability
(increased armor and mr) for late game to be more useful in a prolonged team fight.However doing that may increase the dmg too much and since Riot doesn't like sunfire cape like damage(aka dealing dmg without interaction but in this case we need to move tibbers and annie at the same time which is not that easy) which is basically what Tibbers' has so this idea is probably not the best however it's logical to give Tibbers such change because this would further increase annie's sustained dmg in long fights.

Simply increase Tibbers movement speed from 350 to 360/380/400
(this is to match with the general movement speed across the board,however if we count in gap closers also %ms increase from items such as pd,trinity,etc. these values are probably not enough) to increase Tibbers mobility and make him more resistable against kite also to secure the aoe dmg tibbers providing.So this would result in more reliable dmg output from Tibbers IF the player can position Tibbers properly.
Other suggestion would be similar to the movement speed boost upon casting Molten shield however in this case it would give movement speed boost to Tibbers as well when he is summoned already.If Tibbers is not summoned Annie would gain half of the movement speed upon casting E or it can be backward.If Tibbers is summoned Annie gains half of the movement speed and would gain full boost if Tibbers is not around.
So in both case Annie and Tibbers would gain speed boost to certain extent whether Tibbers is summoned or not.

Last suggestion is creating 1 item slot for Tibbers to buy him a special item(boots,an armor,or an orb that has a nice visual effect on tibbers,etc...) or a regular boots(though this would be kinda lame).This is of course to increase the movement speed by a flat amount however in this case we pay certain amount of gold for the increased movement speed to balance it out.To further keep in balance it could be upgraded 3 times to scale into late game.
This idea is the same like the 3rd one however here we pay gold for the movement speed.

A change to Molten Shield to help her mitigate dmg better against minions' dmg in laning phase.So upon activating Molten Shield Annie reduces incoming minion dmg by 50/60/65/70/75%.Why is this change?
Because currently annie is not famous about her pushing power at all however using Molten Shield's dmg when getting hit can be used to farm minions quite well BUT using this tactic uses up too much hp and i risk myself getting ganked if i go so far in my lane to get the focus of enemy minions.
So with this little change this tactic would be more safe.IF the change applies to neutrals as well then i can see Annie working as an AP jungler(though this is my own theory.).

These are my suggestions.Please read them carefully and give feedback on each of them so i can get a better understanding about Annie as a champion to improve my gameplay with her.
Thank you.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

These are actually pretty sound ideas, +1

KingAgathos

10-03-2012

I like them all except for 5. Paying additional gold so our ult can do a better job of being near the enemy seems clunky and wasteful when more AP would make it so time that it is near by it does more damage.

turulHAARP

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAgathos View Post
I like them all except for 5. Paying additional gold so our ult can do a better job of being near the enemy seems clunky and wasteful when more AP would make it so time that it is near by it does more damage.
Hmm.Good point.You are right.

Dark Kuno

10-03-2012

Why not just give Tibers equal movement speed adjustment to Annie.

sonofzeal

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Kuno View Post
Why not just give Tibers equal movement speed adjustment to Annie.
Excellent idea!

This, combined with some form of mobility in her E, would make Annie handle higher ELO a lot better. As it stands the E is pretty much invariably levelled last because a tiny bit of temporary armor/MR on a burst mage really doesn't count for much, and the damage returned is just pitiful. But a speed boost, or outright replacement with a sort of "firey discorporation" pseudo-Flash, would open up some more advanced plays and keep her from getting so thoroughly outmaneuvered by... just about everyone.

turulHAARP

10-04-2012

The problem with the same movement speed is that if annie gets slowed Tibbers will be slowed down too which makes moving him around much harder than now and i think we should avoid this.
While Tibbers gaining ms boost would mean that mid-late game he would be able to stick to anybody dealing a lot of dmg via aoe magic dmg and auto attacks and the enemy would need to use an ability with CC to stop him moving around freely which means he would basically become a 6th champion.This is another thing that should be avoided.

Also the interaction with movement speed buffs/debuffs could be quite confusing.As the player would need to measure the movement speed of Annie's,the duration of a possible buff/debuff and would need to position Tibbers properly with these in mind.
While this change would give her more complexity which is probably what she needs,this change might not be the best to address her problem(s).Moreover Annie is a straightforward champion and Riot probably don't want to change this aspect of hers.

Added a 6th suggestion to the original post what i forgot to add.

turulHAARP

10-04-2012

No love for annie? I am sad.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

i'd like the tibber's personal item idea, but honestly here's how they could make annie better. give her a 3k rp skin that's all u need.