Getting past 1250 Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Creater

10-02-2012

I managed to carry myself out of the 900 elo months ago, and finally was able to reach 1250. Everytime im remotely near to getting 1260+, either someone dc's, or my team in general has a bad game. Im trying to get to 1500 before Season 2 ends, because that Janna skin, looks mighty fine. Im posting this to see if anyone can carry me past the 1260 barrier, and get me as far as they are able to.

IGN: Mister Creater

Naween

10-03-2012

Goodluck mate, i know a few friends that are having the same problem, they cant get past 1200, my mate that was like 1800 at one stage is at that point and cant carry every game (he gets bad teams and they just feed the enemy to much for him to be able to carry)

Mister Creater

10-03-2012

Yeah, its pretty rough

IntMakaZ

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Creater View Post
I managed to carry myself out of the 900 elo months ago, and finally was able to reach 1250. Everytime im remotely near to getting 1260+, either someone dc's, or my team in general has a bad game. Im trying to get to 1500 before Season 2 ends, because that Janna skin, looks mighty fine. Im posting this to see if anyone can carry me past the 1260 barrier, and get me as far as they are able to.

IGN: Mister Creater

some things that i have learned getting through same elo as you is

1. never play alone, get a good duo partner, he dont have to be your friend, or be friendly, as long as he makes impact on the game, it is good. ( ap mid and jungler duo is best choice)

2. do not rely on anyone except your duo partner. ( there are so many times where i expect my teammate do a certain thing, and they do not even think about it, i still do this mistake today which make me want to hit my head on the wall ahah)

3. play character you are really good, always try to do maximum, carry every game.

4. play safe, it is better to be smart and play safe, then run for a tempting kill and die in process, you never know how the fight can turn around, so you better stay alive. (example: a couple of days ago i played my diana, and 2 games i got quadra, and i could get penta, but i was too low, and no matter how tempting it was i juked that last enemy and let my teammates safely kill him/her)

5. if you get to choose between a kill and turret (inhibitor), always go for objectives. if you kill an enemy he will respawn in around 30 seconds, but inhibitor will take way longer.

6. real counters do not exist until 1600elo, but still, do not get katarina at first pick and get yourself countered by diana who will not even let you to use your ultimate. be smart, pick for somebody else, and swap.

7. and last but not least, never say "oh elo hell, i noobs, blablabla". this will make you rage even more, and will not benefit you at all. Always blame yourself first, think what you could have done better, admitting your mistakes is a first step. You have to have a certain mentality, approach. You cannot make mistakes at all, because even 1 mistake can decide a game. (example, it was around 30 min, we had a teamfight near baron, i was pretty fed as ap carry, our adc was strong too, but, our team failed to reach enemy ezreal in fight, so he avoided all the damage, so our skarner run to chase ezreal miles away from the teamfights, not being able to kill ezreal, and leaving his ap and ad carry melting down to enemy rengar leona, and other assasin. we were winning whole game, then 1 mistake lead us to lose 2 more teamfights, because team just started to throw after that, and we lost the game)

Sorry if i have some grammar mistakes

From Russia With Love, IntMakaZ.

mstp

10-16-2012

From my experience in elo hell.... the safest way to win most of ur matches is by picking champs with high AOE dmg or lots of CC.

This is why wukong is my favourite because does pretty much everything. he is a very good initiator, deals high area dmg, has knockup, deals incredible dmg on squishy champs and few ppl know how to beat him in lower elo.

I basically lead my teammate throughout the game.

his downside is that fails against lane opponent who have high burst or hard CC. he also gets focused alot when he using his ult.

so if i had an advise to give .... learn champs that can either deal high aoe dmg or can protect ur entire team

e.g. morgana/wukong/amumu/cassiopia/brand/malzahar
or janna/alistar/nautilus/shen/leona

Sorin Rade

10-16-2012

lol

Snowman49

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntMakaZ View Post
some things that i have learned getting through same elo as you is

1. never play alone, get a good duo partner, he dont have to be your friend, or be friendly, as long as he makes impact on the game, it is good. ( ap mid and jungler duo is best choice)

2. do not rely on anyone except your duo partner. ( there are so many times where i expect my teammate do a certain thing, and they do not even think about it, i still do this mistake today which make me want to hit my head on the wall ahah)

3. play character you are really good, always try to do maximum, carry every game.

4. play safe, it is better to be smart and play safe, then run for a tempting kill and die in process, you never know how the fight can turn around, so you better stay alive. (example: a couple of days ago i played my diana, and 2 games i got quadra, and i could get penta, but i was too low, and no matter how tempting it was i juked that last enemy and let my teammates safely kill him/her)

5. if you get to choose between a kill and turret (inhibitor), always go for objectives. if you kill an enemy he will respawn in around 30 seconds, but inhibitor will take way longer.

6. real counters do not exist until 1600elo, but still, do not get katarina at first pick and get yourself countered by diana who will not even let you to use your ultimate. be smart, pick for somebody else, and swap.

7. and last but not least, never say "oh elo hell, i noobs, blablabla". this will make you rage even more, and will not benefit you at all. Always blame yourself first, think what you could have done better, admitting your mistakes is a first step. You have to have a certain mentality, approach. You cannot make mistakes at all, because even 1 mistake can decide a game. (example, it was around 30 min, we had a teamfight near baron, i was pretty fed as ap carry, our adc was strong too, but, our team failed to reach enemy ezreal in fight, so he avoided all the damage, so our skarner run to chase ezreal miles away from the teamfights, not being able to kill ezreal, and leaving his ap and ad carry melting down to enemy rengar leona, and other assasin. we were winning whole game, then 1 mistake lead us to lose 2 more teamfights, because team just started to throw after that, and we lost the game)

Sorry if i have some grammar mistakes

From Russia With Love, IntMakaZ.

I just wanted to add a little to this as this was a great response. The only other thing I would suggest is try to establish communication during the champion selection process. Try to get an idea of what everyone does and wants to do. So many games are lost at champion selection because players don't communicate at champ select. Some players will say things like "Mid or Feed". Let this player Mid. Their is no point on losing elo just because a player didn't get the role they wanted or because a player doesn't have a rune page to do role X. Ultimately this is a team game. If the team is happy your chances of winning are better. Even if you get behind, at that low of an elo games get thrown hard. Just pay attention, try to keep the atmosphere great, and over time you should pull out ahead. Good luck.

Mr Fáhrenheit

10-17-2012

I had the same issue but was with the 1150 barrier and finnaly i was able to break it. Just keep playing and always play with a duo partner. GL friend!

Arrcraft

10-17-2012

That is strange, when I play solo, I tend to win quite a bit more than when I duo with someone who is just as good as me. I have actually stopped wanting to play duo because it seems we never win when I do.

ownasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

You play the role you feel that you are able to perform well in, as well as, using a champion you are confident with.
Be friendly.
Don't let teammates chirp at someone doing bad, that wont help things.
Also BUY WARDS.