Do you queue for draft?

Yes 11 42.31%
No 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Draft queue, do you do it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlasherBag

10-01-2012

After the patch where a dodge penalty was instated for dominion(Syndra?), I have still noticed ridiculous queue times in draft; anywhere from 20 minutes to >6 hours (hopped out of queue at that point). So, do you queue for draft now that there is a penalty? If not, why?

IamBonez

10-01-2012

I like to queue for draft but i often opt out due to the sometime ridiculous queue times.

Phourc

10-01-2012

I try to run one a day just to support the jayceless mode xP

After 25 minutes in queue today I gave up ):

urmamasllama

10-01-2012

i don't really queue anymore at all i don't have time for it sadly don't worry im quitting my job after this semester

DSpyder

10-01-2012

I que at various times for draft. But after about 20 mins I leave que for blind pick. During primetime the que doesnt seem that bad, but its still a long wait.

David12596

10-01-2012

I usually go in draft queue, but once it goes past a hour I just do it later.

Messerschimdt

10-02-2012

I would rather play draft than play blind but the queue timer is pretty bad, even when there is 100 people in the DD chat. I wish there was a way to get figure out a number of who is in queue for draft so I can strong arm people into the queue from the DD chat. Also I've been thinking about a different chat channel just for dominion draft so I can see the a head count of people willing to play or just to save my time to play some solo queue. But I am not sure there is big enough community for draft as with solo queue.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Too long, I still sit on 1 hour queues, blind pick takes 5-10 minutes...it's a non choice.

Risemix

10-02-2012

It's what I said before: people used draft because they could dodge bad teams. The forums seem to think people used draft for a bunch of other reasons, but it's all bull****.

Dodge timers made punish people for using draft for the only reason they used it so now there's no point.

lbgsloan

10-02-2012

Dodge penalty didn't fix anything. Still over 15 minute waits, then 6-7 minutes of game set up and have someone dodge. Not worth it. Basically it's going to stay dead unless we get ranked and have those monstrous dodge penalties to discourage people. In-house games have taken over for MM draft, so it's faster and easier to just throw up a custom and advertise it in the channel. Usually no dodging, and no elo loss means people don't worry/rage as much.

It's funny though, as I actually find draft WORSE for OPs than blind. In draft people feel obligated to take the highest 'tier' picks that weren't banned, not just because of their power but because they fear someone will dodge if they pick someone weaker. Actually, people take those high tiers to the point of stupidity. I've seen too many games where someone will lock Poppy because 'Poppy is OP', yet have no idea how to play her properly because almost no one actually likes playing Poppy. In blind you generally get some super OPs mixed in with more reasonable picks. Draft is pretty much a pool of about 15 champions, in a game with over 100. DD tournaments are a little different since most of the people playing those are vets screwing around/showing off, who can get away with weaker picks and don't have to worry about teammates dodging them.

Quote:
Dodge timers made punish people for using draft for the only reason they used it so now there's no point.
Er, Draft died in the first place because there were 8 or 9 dodges before a game would actually start. Taking 40+ minutes to get a game going is no deal. Nobody played draft when the dodge penalty wasn't there either, it was already dead thanks to the Jabebot dodgers (ie they'd Jabebot everyone on their team and bail if they saw lowish elo regardless of team comp). It still is, and always will be since people realized they can just go play a game of PG or in-house while waiting out the penalty. No ranked elo to play for, nobody really cares if they get a MM game or not.