What is Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kitty Kitsune

10-02-2012

Is he like Rammus where he's a mutant and completely unique?
His lore seems to imply that there are others of his kind, however it doesn't state if his race even has a name.
Since there is no bestiary for League I thought I'd check around here to see people's thoughts.
Also should I start a listing of all creatures in Valoran, with the communities help?

Kitty Kitsune

10-02-2012

Bump

Lewpaka

10-02-2012

There was an explosion about this topic back when Rengar was released. I hate to break it to you, but most people don't really care any more.

It was an interesting thing to think about, but in the context of the League, not very relevant. Think about how many faaar stranger beings in the league there are. A tangible nightmare, and incarnation of flame, gods of ice, extradimensional beings, etc. All of these make a lion-man seem not so irregular any more.

If you have any cool insights about him though, please do post them. I'm sure the community would be receptive to theories, but I don't think they really want to spend much time thinking about Rengar's origins right now.

lastcenturion

10-03-2012

****ing *******s that don't care about lore.
short awnser,he is a charr

Vongeo

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewpaka View Post
There was an explosion about this topic back when Rengar was released. I hate to break it to you, but most people don't really care any more.

It was an interesting thing to think about, but in the context of the League, not very relevant. Think about how many faaar stranger beings in the league there are. A tangible nightmare, and incarnation of flame, gods of ice, extradimensional beings, etc. All of these make a lion-man seem not so irregular any more.

If you have any cool insights about him though, please do post them. I'm sure the community would be receptive to theories, but I don't think they really want to spend much time thinking about Rengar's origins right now.
Yea, but all of those are clearly defined. It says nothing of what Rengar is like Voli or Alistar He is a man without a species.

Edit: Clearly defined wasn't the best phrase for nocturne and some others, but the lore at least speculates into what they are. It doesn't give Rengar anything really.

Jorfen

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Kitsune View Post
Is he like Rammus where he's a mutant and completely unique?
His lore seems to imply that there are others of his kind, however it doesn't state if his race even has a name.
Since there is no bestiary for League I thought I'd check around here to see people's thoughts.
Also should I start a listing of all creatures in Valoran, with the communities help?
Hes Simba during his meth addiction.

PhoenixSlayer13

10-03-2012

I would say a leonin. It'd be nice if Riot actually said something about it though. I like to know what the thing is that I'm playing.

MoonWarriors

11-18-2012

Actually, he's a lion. A white lion (Yes White Lions exist)

Typhron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Apparently he and Nidalee are the same species (through means of magical osmosis)? Both hailing from the Kumungu Jungle?.

So, cat people. or Leonin.

KazuShini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

He's probably from Kumungu Jungles where there is a tribe of beings similar to him. Been doing research, and we have to consider the magic in the Rune Wars affect much of the natural world in Valoran. Think like Nidalee's family of cougar but empowered by magic.