Brand new art my 8 year old sister made!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sadistic Lulu

01-21-2013

nice..... for a 9-year old.. no offense

DanRileyCG

01-21-2013

Hey ISO Darthshoe, your sister's art is fantastic for her age. I believe that drawing at a young age is largely responsible for becoming masterful in the later years. Continue to encourage her to draw. She will like it more and more with the feedback she receives, and as a result, she'll continually be inspired to get better and better.

If she continues at this rate, her work will be breathtaking by the time she's 16+. I've been drawing since I was little too, and people always commented that I was ahead of my time-- I wish I drew more though. I'm trying to take art more seriously now.

Anyway, tell her to keep it up and I'm really impressed.

I know she's young, but encourage her to toy with shading. I didn't really start shading until years later, but it couldn't hurt to experiment for fun.

Another thing I'd add, to compliment her skill, you should consider getting her some art books. When I was younger I loved the art books. Considering she's young, it might be a good start to grab random how-to-draw books that focus different things, like cartoons, people, anime, whatever. As for more advanced books as she grows up, I highly recommend Jack Hamm's Drawing the Head and Figure, anything by Loomis, etc. Getting a foundation as young as you can for this kind of stuff catapults your skill 10 fold-- namely if you're already into art to begin with.

Peace

TheTaxCollector

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkin525 View Post
Hey ISO Darthshoe, your sister's art is fantastic for her age. I believe that drawing at a young age is largely responsible for becoming masterful in the later years. Continue to encourage her to draw. She will like it more and more with the feedback she receives, and as a result, she'll continually be inspired to get better and better.

If she continues at this rate, her work will be breathtaking by the time she's 16+. I've been drawing since I was little too, and people always commented that I was ahead of my time-- I wish I drew more though. I'm trying to take art more seriously now.

Anyway, tell her to keep it up and I'm really impressed.

I know she's young, but encourage her to toy with shading. I didn't really start shading until years later, but it couldn't hurt to experiment for fun.

Another thing I'd add, to compliment her skill, you should consider getting her some art books. When I was younger I loved the art books. Considering she's young, it might be a good start to grab random how-to-draw books that focus different things, like cartoons, people, anime, whatever. As for more advanced books as she grows up, I highly recommend Jack Hamm's Drawing the Head and Figure, anything by Loomis, etc. Getting a foundation as young as you can for this kind of stuff catapults your skill 10 fold-- namely if you're already into art to begin with.

Peace

I wish I could upvote this more. Thanks for Commenting here!
I will take your ideas into action and have her start shading and such.
I will see if she would like to try on the books.

Thanks so much

TheTaxCollector

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Here is Lux!

Vargis

01-31-2013

She draws better then some of the people I've seen. In a liberal art school. I'm not sure if I should be impressed with her or laughing at them.

TheTaxCollector

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zawald View Post
She draws better then some of the people I've seen. In a liberal art school. I'm not sure if I should be impressed with her or laughing at them.
Well she is good. So I think you should be impressed with her :P

TheTaxCollector

02-03-2013

Here are Nami and Fizz

jėsstėr

02-08-2013

Wow that's awesome Good tell her good job!

HayabusaZero

02-12-2013

It has been some time that i didn't come here to see the new drawings, but i'm leaving with a big smile on my lips after seen Spellcaster Lux and Nami drawings!

God bless your sister's talent! She keeps impressing me with each new drawing =) Tell her to keep the good work and thank you both for the nice art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO Darthshoe View Post
Anyone have suggestions on champions you want to see her draw?
I want a Lulu =) Which ever skin she wants to draw is fine.