Tiamat SERIOUSLY Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desocupado

10-08-2012

Unique passive, more splash damage and more splash area would be awesome.

TheLastBaron88

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
Unique passive, more splash damage and more splash area would be awesome.
^This, in so many words.

NecroCryptic

10-10-2012

Tiamat overpowered? Your kidding right?
Tiamat is not overpowered at all. It's also not very popular.
It's an okay item on some champs (i.e. Shyvana) but useless on most (i.e. Ashe).

67chrome

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
@67Chrome, excellent post, though I would like to reiterate the fact that I do not feel Tiamat to be overpowered per se, I just feel the splash stacking to more damage than your initial attack is dealing is kinda stupid. In all honesty, I feel it is woefully inadequate as an item, particularly since the splash is so small (melee range is 125, so the splash radius is even smaller than that! Should be something like 250). I feel it needs an overall buff in splash range, maybe even damage, but that the splash effect should NOT stack. On a similar note, what would you actually use Ionic Spark for? Thought that was nearly as worthless.
I agree that the splash not being unique feels a bit awkward, and the splash radius seems almost unusably small. I'd rather they changed it to deal 50% splash damage on melee or ranged, then upped the radius for melee champions.

Anyways, what Ionic Spark is used for is clearing minion waves - especially on champions that lack skills for minion clearing (Currently it seems to be popular on Shen, forcing enemies to deal with his push or his team but not both, while his ultimate allows him to quickly join his team). It's generally a nice item to have if you're up against a farming machine without much farming power yourself as well. Tiamat fullfills a similar roll, allowing melee champions to wave clear more effectivly. What it lacks in a wider AOE it makes up for in utalizing more AD scalers.

TheLastBaron88

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
I agree that the splash not being unique feels a bit awkward, and the splash radius seems almost unusably small. I'd rather they changed it to deal 50% splash damage on melee or ranged, then upped the radius for melee champions.

Anyways, what Ionic Spark is used for is clearing minion waves - especially on champions that lack skills for minion clearing (Currently it seems to be popular on Shen, forcing enemies to deal with his push or his team but not both, while his ultimate allows him to quickly join his team). It's generally a nice item to have if you're up against a farming machine without much farming power yourself as well. Tiamat fullfills a similar roll, allowing melee champions to wave clear more effectivly. What it lacks in a wider AOE it makes up for in utalizing more AD scalers.
Thanks for this. Very helpful since I am looking at getting Shen soon. I think your Tiamat suggestion is a good one, since stacking them really isn't a viable option in a competitive match, and it is woefully underpowered when you only have one.

Tigersight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

I've never noticed an issue with Tiamat on any champ except Fiora. First off, it's not the Fiora who stacks 4 that's the problem. With that many, she just doesn't have enough of anything else to be useful. It's the Fiora who gets 2 that's the problem.
While everyone says, 'don't be stupid and all cluster together,' that doesn't work so well when everyone attacks Fiora and tries to focus her down. Because you're all attacking her, you're all close together. So, she immediately ults and hits a good portion of your team.

However, the main problem is with choke points. Best example: the brush between red buff and middle lane. If your team gets in a fight near that brush and Fiora ults you, she will almost certainly hit your whole team with at least two or three of the attacks.
It gets even worse if the enemy team uses some sort of aoe pull(Darius pull, Orianna pull, Dianna pull) to ult everyone when they are literally on top of each other.

Here, I'll throw some math at you to show exactly how much damage she can do in the worst-case scenario.

Let's say Fiora built 2 defensive items, boots, a bloodthirster, and 2 tiamats.
If she gets flat ad marks and quints, lvl 18 Fiora has 324 ad. (215 bonus ad)
Fiora Ultimate: 500 damage + 120% bonus ad
That's 758 damage, before any reductions. It doesn't seem so bad, except that due to a pull, or because you were all waiting to gank in a bush, etc, it hits everyone all 5 times.
758x4= 3032 + 190(last hit deals 25% damage) =3221.5 base damage.
to every member of your team. Even if it's just base, before reductions, that number is just huge. When one bad teamfight can end a game, that's gg.

Desocupado

10-15-2012

Tiamat is good against multiple melee targets without decent gap closers. (Yorick and his ghouls come to mind)

TheLastBaron88

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
Tiamat is good against multiple melee targets without decent gap closers. (Yorick and his ghouls come to mind)
Interesting idea. If ever I get stuck laning against a Yorick, and can somehow farm enough against him to afford a Tiamat before laning phase ends and his threat level drops off the radar, I will be sure to try this.
In regards to a previous poster in this thread, GP is F2P this week, so I will be giving that build a try ;P

TheLastBaron88

10-22-2012

Tiamat GP didnt impress me much, though I guess it works fine if you want to wave clear. This item just seems worthless with the current splash radius.

Arawraxx

10-22-2012

Tiamats has a splash radius other than whats on the tool tip?