What to do with snowballs

Keep Snow Balls 10 76.92%
Get Rid Of Snow Balls 3 23.08%
Dont Know 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Snowballs No More

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noirknight

11-08-2012

OK just my opinion if ya agree grate if not ok

Topic: Snowball Items Remove/Keep

To me snowballs aren't good for anything but Karthus (ya know bomb the map for kills/assist yay more stacks)

And wrecking bot games (I dont know about anyone else but hate seeing a snowball in bots because it just went from training to watch this person KS everyone)

Now from what I read they aren't used in regular games much if at all so in my opinion I say pitch them out the window and replace them with some quick items for the early game nothing to fancy.

Leave your opinion and plz make it something that adds to the topic not just "your stupid" Tell me why you agree or disagree thank you and good night

(there is suppose to be a poll but im new to the forums and not sure how to hmmm)

{Me rambling about a quick item idea read it if you want}
Just a quick idea no real thought put behind it but lets see actually I want to see something with the doran's like

Doran's blade 475 + Doran's shield 475 + Combine 250? = Doran's Spiked Buckler 250 HP 12 AD 5 Life Steal 10 AR 10 Health regen. Something like that might need some rework but it sounded interesting to make Doran's into something other then a early game slot filler ok done ranting.

67chrome

11-08-2012

Mejai's seems OK in it's current state and is semi-viable on a lot of champions, especially ones like LeBlanc were picking her is the same thing as picking Mejai's so why not. At least that one seems salvageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noirknight View Post
(I dont know about anyone else but hate seeing a snowball in bots because it just went from training to watch this person KS everyone)
But this annoys me more than the potential utility of such items, so I wouldn't really miss them. You're not alone with that feeling.

As for Doran's items, you should have placed that in a different post, and not upgrading while being amazingly cost effective is kind of their shtick.

Vuther

11-08-2012

I personally would remove them because they were created to have no serious intentions behind them for a serious multiplayer game. I'd rather people who don't figure that out never get the chance to be mistaken about them.

TheRottenCrow

11-08-2012

i get where your coming from Vuther, but league of legends is suppose to be both fun and serious. thats why things like snowballs and troll builds exist. and most people who play serious matches are leveled up enough to realize that they arent for serious matches.

Vuther

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRottenCrow View Post
i get where your coming from Vuther, but league of legends is suppose to be both fun and serious. thats why things like snowballs and troll builds exist. and most people who play serious matches are leveled up enough to realize that they arent for serious matches.
I fear their existence to my teammates with every person I play with that isn't a friend :-<

I personally never would have considered them being created at all if I were Riot, but the items have been, so I'm just going to grumble about them every time I see them in non-bot-games.

TheLastBaron88

11-09-2012

I find Mejais to be a relatively cheap item that can provide a lot of AP, so I take it on certain Supports if my lane is being won with extreme prejudice. Janna and Zilean come to mind. I wonder how viable it would be to run Mejais on an AP jungler? If you gank often, and successfully enough, I imagine it would be very useful considering the lack of gold Junglers have to work with.

Redeemed RivĂȘn

11-09-2012

I definitely do think mejai's needs to stay in the game because of lebalnc. Simply put, she isn't viable without it.

Meserion

11-09-2012

mejai's has a place and you can use it if you're team is coordinated enough to keep you alive

TheLastBaron88

11-09-2012

I don't think many players have an issue with Mejais so much as Sword of the Occult and the godawful waste that is Leviathan. Sword of the Occult BARELY outdamages Bloodthirster while fully stacked, so you can technically deal more damage with it if you never die. Since it doesn't offer lifesteal, and the stacks are so easily lost, it doesn't seem worthwhile at all. It definitely needs either an extra something, or it needs for snowball items to be changed in the way they stack. That is, make it so you lose 3 stacks to a death or something like that. That way, you are not punished so heavily for dying. As for Leviathan, even at full stacks, the health gain is less than a freshly bought Warmogs (which I hear was heavily nerfed from its release version). Even compared to other snowball items, Leviathan doesn't become cost-effective until 10 stacks, whereas the others are technically effective at 5. The health per stack should be doubled to bring it into line, imo. This would make it an excellent defensive item for a jungler or carry, I think.

Zyxtrio

11-09-2012

I like having the idea of an item that grows in power significantly over time and rewards you for playing well however I think the current snowball system is kind of broken. Like people have been saying, Sword of the Occult and Leviathan aren't viable (except in bot games/troll builds...) and Mejai's cater's to only a select few.

I have proposed a solution in these forums but no one has commented on it. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2779325

I thought I would share it since it's along the same lines. Sorry if that isn't kosher.