Card Declined?

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacred Sleep

10-01-2012

solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by original post
i've already sent in a support ticket, but while i'm waiting. Maybe some of you users or perhaps the forum moderators seen this problem many times and know a proper solution.

To start off, it's a vanilla visa debit gift card.
It has been registered already via zipcode on the main site for the gift card.
I've called customer support and had them confirmed that the card is registered.
I've also asked customer support if it was possible to register a name to the card. They vaguely said that if it's possible it will be on the website. (have yet to find it.)

the error i get when trying to purchase riot points is the card is being declined.
I am not using special characters, i am not going over the text limit. I've tried default names in the related selection when prompted for a name on the purchase screen. (visa, vanilla visa, noname, blank, etc)

i'm still being declined. If it makes any difference, i've purchased the card today and tried this right away. Zero days have passed since i purchased the card.

tl;.dr- tried many solutions and still failed. any recommendations? (already sent in a support ticket.)

edit: Also wondering, how long is the wait usually for support tickets? Wondering if i should wait up or go to sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loreofcotton View Post
recently there was two unnamed small patches. I've tried my card after the first patch. No avail.. So i tried again just a few minutes ago after another patch.

And success, i now have my riot points bought. Thank you everyone for your support in this forum, though the customer service may have seemed horrible, please keep in mind riot has thousands or millions of players, with new problems arising after each patch. Along with the current tournement.

If you have any tickets open, and you managed to buy your rp, please thank them for their support to help their day feel just a bit better with each person they have to respond to.

Also if you missed any sales, please forward your requests about it to the support ticket or start a petition thread. Maybe you might get a bonus sale or extended double ip weekends! :d

Bone Collect0r

10-02-2012

I am having the same problem: "We apologize, but your card has been declined". I saw your thread so I didn't create a new one. I will send a support ticket aswell. Please, write here when you solve your problem. I don't think that my card is the issue because I used it successfully a few days ago for Steam. I tried everything but I still get this error message in the end...

Sacred Sleep

10-02-2012

Yeah, Another guy in the general forum had the same problem but with a mastercard.

I believe maybe a recent patch is causing errors with purchasing RP. Specifically Prepaid? I have no idea.
I just tried again to buy RP and it still doesn't work. I will update when I find a solution, when my support ticket is replied, or when it does work.

IDprotokol

10-02-2012

I am having the same problem but with a visa, anyone has a solution?

Aurora Caelestis

10-02-2012

Just bought a prepaid card not 10 minutes ago and it's not working.
Says that is expired.
Date on card is 6/20.

.___.
It's a mastercard debit prepaid btw.

Sacred Sleep

10-02-2012

Expired? What do you mean, like when you try to use it on LoL or when you register it on the website. If the website says it's expired, I would call the number for the provider of the card. Usually located on the backside.
If it's an error on LoL, could I see a quote of the error you're getting or a screenshot? Not that i can help but I'd like to know more as well as have more info posted on this thread.

Not sure if we're all just bad coincidences or if LoL is having problems with prepaid debit cards.

Jet Kusanagi

10-02-2012

I'm getting this error too, but it says that my card has expired even though the expiration date isn't until 2014. Sent in my support ticket and the guy responded saying that he'll work on it. Anyone have a solution yet? I really want my skin

Aurora Caelestis

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreofCotton View Post
Expired? What do you mean, like when you try to use it on LoL or when you register it on the website. If the website says it's expired, I would call the number for the provider of the card. Usually located on the backside.
If it's an error on LoL, could I see a quote of the error you're getting or a screenshot? Not that i can help but I'd like to know more as well as have more info posted on this thread.

Not sure if we're all just bad coincidences or if LoL is having problems with prepaid debit cards.
When I try to use it on the website.
Quote: Error: We apologize, but your card appears to be expired. Please try again using a valid expiration date or contact your card provider if you believe this is an error

Aurora Caelestis

10-02-2012

I really want Graves while he's on sale ;;

Śuoh Mikoto

10-02-2012

Having the same problem here

1234511 ... 19