Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facetious

10-04-2012

I don't play tanky support jungle.

I play tanky bruiser jungle or assassin jungle.

What now?

Carnn

10-04-2012

Quote:
iainB85:
Yep, further emphasizing the support jungle meta. It works great, I just wish it wasn't the only strategy for jungle that worked great in solo Q.

You're right. You pretty much have to run double/triple gp/10 with gold masteries and/or runes just to keep up with the lanes, and the only junglers than can do that need to be tanky with good AOE clear and CC.

Bittlez

10-04-2012

Supporting the need for Jungle Rework in season3. From s2 fudgeup to s1 glory days. Possibly reduce damage done by a bit so tanky supports can still jungle without dying like chumps?

Imho Maokai should go toplane vs rivens and stuff... tanky enough to withstand a dive and such good skillsets to farm under tower. Same with amumu, nunu, and other "support junglers". Very tanky to survive dives and good farming under turrets.

Such Worth

10-04-2012

Pretty sure lee sin is not a tanky support and is the #1 jungler in the game he has everything a jungler needs and can gank all the lanes really effectivly and if he snowballs he wojs the game np
EDIT: not #1 used but as a kit and as a jungler he is the best plus when building damage u literally can fight anyone

Light Fantastic

10-04-2012

PSA: Guys, if you're away from your lane and the jungler is there, it's perfectly OK for them to last hit minions. It doesn't push the lane, you're not losing anything, and compared to the jungle it's like a gold + exp buffet.

iainB85

10-04-2012

Quote:
Wise Squirrel:
People prefer supporting than jungling?

That doesn't make sense, the jungler makes much more gold than the support which is the reasoning behind your "people rather support than jungle"

I don't know if jungling might be in trouble, but supporting is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more boring and unrewarding than controlling the map and assaulting lanes bro.

Actually in the majority of games where I end up support, as I said in the OP, I end up with more gold than the jungle. The jungle is worth so little that GP5 itemization can keep on par with it... the only way for the jungle to get ahead is to take CS in a lane, which they can only do situationally without screwing over the person playing in that lane.

BlazingSalvo

10-04-2012

Xin Zhao is the best support jungle.
Full tank 40% cdr Zhao. CC everywhere.

Carnn

10-04-2012

Quote:
demonscourge21:
Pretty sure lee sin is not a tanky support and is the #1 jungler in the game he has everything a jungler needs and can gank all the lanes really effectivly and if he snowballs he wojs the game np
EDIT: not #1 used but as a kit and as a jungler he is the best plus when building damage u literally can fight anyone

It's because he transitions from an assassin into a tank very well.

iainB85

10-04-2012

Quote:
Light Fantastic:
PSA: Guys, if you're away from your lane and the jungler is there, it's perfectly OK for them to last hit minions. It doesn't push the lane, you're not losing anything, and compared to the jungle it's like a gold + exp buffet.

Good PSA.. I can't count the amount of times some derp top is spam pinging back on me even while I am CSing under THEIR tower. Unbelievable, the kid is going to lose the CS/exp to the tower, and he's mad at me for last hitting them... it's like being the jungler means you have some kind of disease, and they don't want their lane to get infected.

akaRaven

10-04-2012

Quote:
iainB85:
Seriously, I am seeing more people want support than jungle these days, and the reason is obvious in my mind: the most sure fire way to win now is just to make jungle another support.

There's no room assassin/damage dealing type junglers with the current design. The jungle just doesn't provide enough farm compared to lane anymore, and you can't rely on getting lots of kills from ganks early if the enemy team plays smart and/or your team doesn't.

That's also if you even get to clear your own jungle. With how easy the small camps are now, other lanes pretty much demand half your camps to get an edge over their enemy laner... and why shouldn't they, it's a great tactic for them... long as you aren't the poor jungler!

So what does that devolve the jungle into? A tanky support with good initiate and CC. The best jungle picks by far these days are champs like Amumu, Nautilius, Malphite, etc... who can win team fights without any gold at all due to their kits.

I really hope Riot has some plans for jungle in season 3, because I am sure I am not the only one who is flat out sick of this design.

FYI: As support running GP5 runes and building dual GP5 I usually end up with more gold at the end of the game than our jungle, even if they played well and had similar presence (kills/assists)... that's how little the jungle is currently worth... further strengthening my metaphor as jungle the secondary support.

Would love a red post in this thread, even if it's "we're happy with the jungle now" just to see if they agree/disagree with its current state.

Your Jungling wrong, or every game I Jungle my team mates are laning wrong, can't figure out which yet.

8/10 games I end up more Gold, CS, Kills etc than my team and most the time the enemy team and on the rare occasion more than the enemy team combined.

I am currently doing an Eve Jungle phase and find that the Assasin Jungle works best given that you can kill the enemy faster if done right and get back to your Jungle quicker.

Who cares how small your Jungle farm is, if you rely soly on this to try keep up with CS you are doing it wrong.

Look for Ganks, none? Than go farm next wave. Look for Ganks again, none? Continue to next farm and so on. If you keep an eye out for Ganks and not just focus on the "OMG I'm down on CS" bull****, you can gank enough AND farm.