Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1ebe60507d910496d5f37

10-03-2012

This is sad.
Riot refuses to work on the horrendous design corner in which they have painted themselves. Instead they just keep buffing and nerfing, praying that they will one day make that change that fixes their design problems.

YAY ICE CREAM

10-03-2012

i support this thread

iainB85

10-03-2012

Would love a red post in this thread, even if it's "we're happy with the jungle now" just to see if they agree/disagree.

iainB85

10-04-2012

Quote:
ratcharmer:
I feel that it's kinda a sad commentary that other roles are now complaining about being "almost as bad as support".

But yeah, I have noticed junglers seem a little weak lately.

Yea I realize the title was kind of harsh... some people enjoy support. I was just trying to express my dismay that one of the most dynamic roles in the game has been reduced to another support role whose sole job is just to try to get the carries fed.

chide da jungler

10-04-2012

the arugement has some truth to it, but is not entirely true.

being a tank cc machine with good burst damage DOES make for a superior jungler these days, but there are a few champs who can make it work.

when lanes take my camps I go into their lane and take the cs back from them. they will stop.

Wise Squirrel

10-04-2012

People prefer supporting than jungling?

That doesn't make sense, the jungler makes much more gold than the support which is the reasoning behind your "people rather support than jungle"

I don't know if jungling might be in trouble, but supporting is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more boring and unrewarding than controlling the map and assaulting lanes bro.

uncoated

10-04-2012

im not sure u realize but once a tower is destroyed... you dont have to stay in your jungle :P

Dracid

10-04-2012

it all depend son what the rest of your team is...is your team tanky? I.e Garen at top and say alistar on bot? Pick a jungler with good damage....is your team not tanky? Pick a tanky jungler like naut or amumu. It all depends on the situation at hand

Eph289

10-04-2012

Quote:
Wise Squirrel:
People prefer supporting than jungling?

That doesn't make sense, the jungler makes much more gold than the support which is the reasoning behind your "people rather support than jungle"

I don't know if jungling might be in trouble, but supporting is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more boring and unrewarding than controlling the map and assaulting lanes bro.

I'd rather support than jungle. Less risk, for the most part, and you only have one person yelling at you rather than 3. Plus I'm better at it.

Lady Mai

10-04-2012

Quote:
iainB85:
Seriously, I am seeing more people want support than jungle these days, and the reason is obvious in my mind: the most sure fire way to win now is just to make jungle another support.

There's no room assassin/damage dealing type junglers with the current design. The jungle just doesn't provide enough farm compared to lane anymore, and you can't rely on getting lots of kills from ganks early if the enemy team plays smart and/or your team doesn't.

That's also if you even get to clear your own jungle. With how easy the small camps are now, other lanes pretty much demand half your camps to get an edge over their enemy laner... and why shouldn't they, it's a great tactic for them... long as you aren't the poor jungler!

So what does that devolve the jungle into? A tanky support with good initiate and CC. The best jungle picks by far these days are champs like Amumu, Nautilius, Malphite, etc... who can win team fights without any gold at all due to their kits.

I really hope Riot has some plans for jungle in season 3, because I am sure I am not the only one who is flat out sick of this design.

FYI: As support running GP5 runes and building dual GP5 I usually end up with more gold at the end of the game than our jungle, even if they played well and had similar presence (kills/assists)... that's how little the jungle is currently worth... further strengthening my metaphor as jungle the secondary support.

Would love a red post in this thread, even if it's "we're happy with the jungle now" just to see if they agree/disagree with its current state.

I've been complaining ever since the jungle changed. I liked it better when you had to have some meat on your bones to jungle. Now you can jungle at summoner level 5 if you want. :/

Support junglers also seem to always catch up to the counter junglers if they play their cards right.