Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjaipod

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
In some ways, yes, though not completely.

We aren't going all the way back to the extreme of the old jungle where you would just get crushed unless you were Warwick, but we do feel there is a happy medium between Season 1 and Season 2 that we can strike.

The biggest difference here though is that we will be offering itemization that will help champions who need that extra boost in the jungle. Champions who are already super strong in the jungle may opt to not build these items, but it's pretty interesting to see what new junglers may become viable with these new items.
so... rebuff shaco? i want so see the evil clown in tourneys... '-'

Get Jinxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I love jungling. Won 6 games in a row jungling. :3

RexSaur

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
inb4 I get counter jungled by my own team even more.
They are also making the camps tougher to clear, which means the mid laner will have to spend more resources and possibly take damage to clear it, making it less attractive.

Tètsuya

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Patience, young Skywalker!
morello you're killing me ;A;

facetious

10-16-2012

+50g per jungle monster kill Mastery or Item, please.

M A

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2012

Quote:

We aren't going all the way back to the extreme of the old jungle where you would just get crushed unless you were Warwick, but we do feel there is a happy medium between Season 1 and Season 2 that we can strike.

The biggest difference here though is that we will be offering itemization that will help champions who need that extra boost in the jungle. Champions who are already super strong in the jungle may opt to not build these items, but it's pretty interesting to see what new junglers may become viable with these new items.
Itemization suggestion:
There should be a new jungle item where all junglers could buy for 475

Stats:
Taking less "X%" damage from NEUTRAL monsters (Unique Passive)
Dealing extra "X%" damage to NEUTRAL monsters (Unique Passive)
Receiving bonus "X" gold from killing NEUTRAL monsters (Unique Passive)
Receiving bonus "X%" XP from killing NEUTRAL monsters (Unique Passive)
"X" second bonus "X" movement speed (Unique Active)

So sustain won't be much of a problem if the jungle is buffed back to season 1.
Unlike the wriggles lantern, the unique passive only for neutral monsters is simply made for junglers so other lanes will not buy that item since the unique passive items won't have any affect on minions.
This item may seem "OP" but it only depends on what the X values are.

Please feel free to add any more suggestions.

Jshann04

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalisX View Post
Ahh, but what you don't realize is that junglers and supports take the most skill and knowledge to play. AP Mids, ADC have their items determined for them from champ selection. Their roles are mechanical in play and easily can be done by bots. Support and jungle however are the ones that need to know all aspects of the game, each lane, when to gank/countergank, farming jungle and counterjungling. Warding/counterwarding and all with gp10 items. In bot lane, most of the kills are started by the supports. In Mid and Top lane most of the kills are because of jungle ganks. Face it, throughout the laning phase, 90% of the plays made by either team are a direct result of the support and jungler. Now who wouldn't want all that glory??
Here's the thing though: People do not realize it, so you don't get that glory. Also, it's not always a matter of wanting to prove my mechanical abilities. Sometime I want to be the person who goes 9/2/6. The more that the spots that get farm narrow, the sooner everyone and their mother calls those spots. So many time there have been dodgers because 2 people want top or mid and neither person is willing to give it up. I have 2, maybe 3, hours a day to play if I am lucky. I want to have fun. Yes, winning can be fun, but when I am reduced to heal/aura/cc bot, the game stops being fun and starts being monotonous.

Jumbledcode

10-16-2012

Quote:

How will this affect existing junglers who really struggle in the early game, such as Sejuani? Will they be getting fixes in time for the jungle change?

Kazkal

10-16-2012

Is it possible Naut will see some love? ever since his nerfs his clear time and durability has been suspect so if mobs get stronger I see him losing a place in this game even more.

Quote:
For example, the nerfing of the jungle camps' damage really left no room for "safe" junglers such as Warwick since sustain was no longer a thing.
I always felt like Warwicks dropoff had more to do with pre 6 his ganks are borderline useless(they weren't so bad pre rednerf) and the fact his ulti is useless once your primary targets have QSS.

kinkarcana

10-16-2012

Meh still dont understand but isnt the role of a tank to build tank and to tank enemy carries and to disrupt not to build damage reducing tank-ability dosent make any sense riot.