Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

capismymain

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBOOBOO View Post
that is why In ranked I farm lanes when I think my teammates aren't good

I do the same. I also don't gank if I can tell a lane is bad/won't carry. there's literally not point in trying to beat a dead horse. best just to soak up as much farm as you can and go hardcore carry mode. they'll likely only let that cs die to a turret anyway. happens 9/10 times in below 1400s even in some 1600 games it happens. some people just don't know how to farm.

Ornan

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Patience, young Skywalker!
This is funny because Star Wars was on last night.

DarthRader

10-16-2012

What if they revert the camps' strength back to that of Season 1's, but keep the respawn times the same. They would have to add in items of course, like they have dicussed, to even out the playing field between champs who can jungle for 10min without backing, and those who need to back after the first clear. I'd say another Doran's type item with armor rather than hp, and perhaps chance on hit AoE damage.

With hard to kill and rewarding camps spawning around a minute after they are killed, players may opt to have 3 solo lanes and a duo jungle setup. Could be interesting.

type1Rush

10-16-2012

Quote:
No Morello.. NO more patience.. You refuse to clean your game up of Leavers/AFKers, so you better start devulging information to make us happy.. Your game is trash because of Leavers/AFKers, so I am tried of this soon(tm) bullshtick..

Silent Reaper

10-16-2012

Does that mean it will be more "difficult" for Ap mids to farm wraiths?

orc72

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
We've actually been working on changes for the jungle in anticipation for Season 3 and though I can't really give all the details here because we are still iterating, I'd like to give you guys some insights into what's going on.

There are a multitude of issues we're tackling and they are very much intertwined. The current dominant jungle strategy (GP10 Support / Tanks) is fairly stagnant and the overall current jungle playstyle in many cases severely limits potential strategy and choices in other lanes/roles as well.

One large problem is that efficient farming of the jungle has very little pay off compared to constantly applying lane pressure by camping / ganking. Overall junglers severely lack in gold unless they successfully gank and snowball the game from the get-go and/or opt for a GP10 strategy.

The approach we're currently taking is to significantly increase the rewards of jungle camps over time (junglers already have a huge impact on the early game). To go along with this though, we are buffing jungle camps back up to actually be more threatening while simultaneously offering new / improved item paths that allow players to specialize in the jungle. Overall we want junglers to be rewarded for building combat stats rather than always being forced to build gold generation items.

This is not the only thing we're changing in the jungle for next season, but these types of things are definitely on our radar.

Won't the itemazation be a hindrance though? I mean if say Jungle X can clear the jungle without spending the 1500 or so gold on these new items, they will have such a high advantage over Jungle Y who need these items, that Jungle Y becomes unviable.

That is more or less what I remembered happening when the jungle rework first came out.The first few weeks everyone was enjoying it, building wriggles and jungling champions that were never viable before. But then some champions discovered they can skip wriggles all together, and still jungle fast. Therefor even the old junglers who needed wriggles still in the new jungle (Master Yi, or Riven for instance) became completely unseen.

To put it in another light, lets look at poppy and ionic spark. Poppys biggest weakness in lane is that she can't push minions quickly. If she buys an ionic spark, she can suddenly push very fast. However All the champions that can push fast without an ionic spark will be 2100 gold ahead of there builds. Not to mention, Poppy builds Lichbane, DFG, and AP. Ionic spark helps her in no way other then pushing during the lane phase. She could sell it after the lane phase, but that still puts her at a lost of 500 gold, not to mention, she probably already was behind from the pushing in the laning phase before she had ionic spark. Obviously if you had someone who could lane without the waste of this 500 gold and pre-item purchase phase they will have such a strong advantage that those who need that item wont be viable in competitive play.

I don't see how adding items like wriggles will help make more junglers viable, when there are junglers who do not need those items.

dunkmaster ep

10-16-2012

Quote:
Quoting Morello but responding to Statikk.

I STRONGLY, absolutely disagree with this assessment that the previous jungle was only applicable to super strong old school junglers such as Warwick. Actually, I'd say the new jungle did FAR more to hurt the pool of junglers we had until you guys started adding new champions to the mix.

I quite clearly remember jungling as a vast number of champions but they had a niche because they -could- jungle and it required thoughtfulness skill or decent understanding to be able to jungle with many of this champions.

You removed that niche, and made it, "Wee jungle for everyone!", which is what lead to the current stagnating situation.

All in all, I feel as if the jungle update AND the masteries changes as much as I loved them originally were both ultimately bad for the game in the way they streamlined everyone even further down the same boring path which is the exact opposite of what you were going for.

Moseph04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Patience? How can I wait?! I love jungling and this is all too exciting!
Does any of this mean warwick will get his old passive back?

Also I just started playing league of legends in December, so IDK what happened last year but, when does season 3 start anyways?

Kknewkles

10-16-2012

Make a super Wriggle that boosts income from neutral monsters. Should cover the gold problem, while being cost-efficient and providing nice stats to Junglers.
Something that only Junglers would benefit from mostly, like further bonus lifesteal from neutral monsters. Not a lot of people gonna take this item for top for laning phase, right?

JuRk3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I miss the time when only Udyr and Warwick could jungle...