Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McNaulty

10-15-2012

Prediction: Riot's changes will do the opposite of what they intend. Or close to.

Sure, there will be less opportunities to gank after a first jungle clear that leaves you low. That is irrelevant because Mid will still be more farmed than the jungler and thus be able to take wraiths faster than a jungler. Same with the AD carry/toplane and golems. We used to have a Jungle item that was good, it was called Wriggles Lantern, and Riot crushed it.

Good thing they know their own game :-/

ArkofIce

10-15-2012

What kind of time-line are we looking at here? Is this a "before the end of the year" kind, or is it an "early next year" thing?

Doucheeeee

10-16-2012

What about increasing the size of the map a little bit and adding another camp or two?

Queso Queen

10-16-2012

Will you be looking at reworks to the supports as well? Their choices for item builds is lackluster, usually the same thing -every- game (woo 3gp5, get yelled at if u go for offensive items, no touchy sona u no touchy that deathcap! buy 15 more wards instead! -_- you bloody well ward. I want something different.)

No1LovesYou

10-16-2012

Jungle is one of my favorite roles. There are a lot of routes to go with this but one thing I am curious about is increase the map size if that is the case? I mean... At least in solo q (normals/ranked) alot of the times a gank occurs is just timing on luck or misplay being lead to a kill. For instance lets say our top lane is taking golems, thats just one less reason for me to go there for the path because there is nothing for me to do there since I have nothing to kill. Then there are times where just by me going on my path, after I kill golems or otw to go kill them and an opening pops up. I know someone will just say that to talk to teammate and what not but this is just one instance, not all the time, so dont take it as such.

A lot of times when camps are being picked off by laners it hurts the jungler in a different way besides just losing money. Not having an objective there, and then as a jungler, if my wraiths are being taken, I will go look at top for a gank because either on the way there or back I can just get the golems/wolves. I just always felt that if there was more camps that were a problem for a laner to get but not a jungler, that balance would be found. I mean I get that laners need to be ahead and I dont mind doing what is needed to get to that point but if it happens so much that it takes me back to the point of 400-800g where I would have been otherwise, then the balance isnt there. Many a times where FH would have saved me if I was given the chance to get it with the gold in the jungle without it getting sniped by my own team.

I get this doesn't happen every game but when it does and no cooperation is going on then it just frusterating where I cant get tanky at the 8-12 min mark during key times is just a pain to deal with. I doubt the additions of more camps but I am curious on these changes. Please get released soon!

No1LovesYou

10-16-2012

Quote:
soulsong22:
Will you be looking at reworks to the supports as well? Their choices for item builds is lackluster, usually the same thing -every- game (woo 3gp5, get yelled at if u go for offensive items, no touchy sona u no touchy that deathcap! buy 15 more wards instead! -_- you bloody well ward. I want something different.)

I do alot of support as well and shocking is I do like where support where it is kinda. Auras for all occasions now. The idea of offensive supports, in the direct damage since, I am hesitant in is the ability to show restraint to let the adc get the kill. Even though the early game of sona, nunu, leona, and lulu can be very devastating.

My only thing I would like is a more desirable MP aura. Soul shroud just seems like a dead item pick. It would be great for it to have an activate ability or it have a bit of armor on it for the support only. I mean Aegis is such a good pick up it kind of over shadows all other auras, next being sarks, and then after that being the hp into locket. Maybe soul shroud could get mr and mp regen, so it contrasts the armor and hp regen for those who want a different route when the jungler goes for aegis first. I mean some mr against Ezreal would be nice since all my runes for support are armor and defense tree is armor as well.

idk just an idea lol

ZerglingOne

10-16-2012

The little jungle minions are such a joke. Honestly they slow you down more than anything else and taking the big creep in every camp makes counter-jungling more powerful than jungling itself. The only camp that's worth a legitimate amount of gold is so far out of the way, and so hard to kill relative to the others, it's just not worth it and is better served to giving your top/carry a little gold boost while their lane is pushed.

PKCarwash

10-16-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Patience, young Skywalker!

Are there any plans on making AP oriented jungle items for early game?

Queso Queen

10-16-2012

Quote:
No1LovesYou:
I do alot of support as well and shocking is I do like where support where it is kinda. Auras for all occasions now. The idea of offensive supports, in the direct damage since, I am hesitant in is the ability to show restraint to let the adc get the kill. Even though the early game of sona, nunu, leona, and lulu can be very devastating.

My only thing I would like is a more desirable MP aura. Soul shroud just seems like a dead item pick. It would be great for it to have an activate ability or it have a bit of armor on it for the support only. I mean Aegis is such a good pick up it kind of over shadows all other auras, next being sarks, and then after that being the hp into locket. Maybe soul shroud could get mr and mp regen, so it contrasts the armor and hp regen for those who want a different route when the jungler goes for aegis first. I mean some mr against Ezreal would be nice since all my runes for support are armor and defense tree is armor as well.

idk just an idea lol

I agree that mr auras would be nice, It could be that im sick of playing support after a year and 3 months -_- but since no one ever really wants to play it, what do u do u know?

Queso Queen

10-16-2012

Idk maybe an Item that combines all 3 GP5 that we get into 1 item would be nice for supports/junglers. Or something that combines 2gp5 and some other item, SOME items that feel worth getting besides what..1? 1 item per gp5 currently?

choices is what im asking for. choices.