Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AR Manimal

10-15-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
In some ways, yes, though not completely.

We aren't going all the way back to the extreme of the old jungle where you would just get crushed unless you were Warwick, but we do feel there is a happy medium between Season 1 and Season 2 that we can strike.

The biggest difference here though is that we will be offering itemization that will help champions who need that extra boost in the jungle. Champions who are already super strong in the jungle may opt to not build these items, but it's pretty interesting to see what new junglers may become viable with these new items.

Yay! Time to pick up Trundle again.

FelixNz

10-15-2012

One of the bigger factors in junglers moving towards tanky initiators is that pretty much every other role now has champs with as much, if not more escape/movement potential. Warwick as an example, when lanes weren't filled with the amount of gap closers we have today was the prime jungler, now.. well.

BlindingPython

10-15-2012

Quote:
Michael Jacksôn:
and this why i play jungle soraka.

Good man

rangerike1363

10-15-2012

I'm glad to hear this. Jungle is my main and it always felt like feast of famine. If I wasn't able to get decent ganks off constantly, I often fell behind in gold and then became nonexistent. Then there were games I got a few good early ganks and I turned into a complete terror for the enemy team. Few games are where I had a happy medium.

Ginga

Recruiter

10-15-2012

Statikk, I want to address one problem.

Currently there are heavily item dependant junglers that already struggles to safely clear camps. Kha'zix, Sejuani, and Hecarim tends to finish their first clear pretty heavily injured.

Of course there are probably other junglers like them. Will those champions be changed to accomodate the new tougher jungler then?

HughMyronbrough

10-15-2012

What will Riot do about junglers like Shaco, Kayle, Sejuani who do ok now, but would suffer in an old S1-style jungle?

Enyalus

10-15-2012

Statikk and Morello are lying. They'll have to rebuff Nocturne if they rebuff jungle. And everyone knows the design team hates Nocturne. :P

Shiryü

10-15-2012

Thanks god ! I think that you guys are capable of making new jungle on a spot between S1 and S2 jungle

Cmdr Sniffles

10-15-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
To go along with this though, we are buffing jungle camps back up to actually be more threatening

My hybrid Eve jungle just shuddered with fear. Inc cloth5 reentering the meta.

Warkeiser

10-15-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
We aren't going all the way back to the extreme of the old jungle where you would just get crushed unless you were Warwick, but we do feel there is a happy medium between Season 1 and Season 2 that we can strike.

But that was never the case. We had more viable junglers in the old jungle than we do now, for ****'s sake!

Sure, nowadays everyone can jungle but nobody's niche enough to have a spot that's not among the big 5. In the current jungle, if champion X falls out of favor, he is never seen again.