Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dillybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

i really like support tank jungling with maokai/leona/naut. you mentioned buffing the jungle camps but wont that make those junglers a lot harder to play early game as they usually get pretty low early anyway?

Im just wondering because those are the only champs i really like jungling on and would really hate to see that playstyle lost because no one did anything different.

Tatari

10-15-2012

It's starting to become a ritual for stonewall have to recreate every jungle video every year.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2012

Will these jungle changes be applied to Twisted Treeline? I am always taken by surprise when the Wraiths start healing with their lifesteal.

Stampede EU

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakapo View Post
Looks at noc udyr shryvana shaco rengar khazix diana jayce darius

Yeah tanky support with good initiation....
*slow clap* Way to make yourself look like an epic idiot

Afince

10-15-2012

Will alternative junglers still be able to clear in the new jungle?

Its a bit extreme, but sometimes in normals with my premade friends I run jungle Morgana, will I still be able to do something like this?

Dunal

10-15-2012

I hope one of the new 'Jungle' items offer a combination of Health + CDR.

Sej + Voli would be ecstatic.

PorpoiseAlert

10-15-2012

I hope sustain junglers make a comeback. I miss jungle Warwick being a good pick.

Fox P McCloud

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Well a lot of the directional changes we're making for Season 3 are to make sure there are niches for the various jungle types.

For example, the nerfing of the jungle camps' damage really left no room for "safe" junglers such as Warwick since sustain was no longer a thing. Everyone can just clear with Boots + Health Pots and apply pressure to lanes.

When we do these changes for Season 3, there may be some junglers who are simply too strong in too many categories and we'll have to address that in the context of the new jungle. Overall though, we're looking to make sure there's a reason to bring X jungler over Y jungler depending on the situation.
Could you give us some hints/ideas on what a few of the new jungle items may *do*?

Lombaxman014

10-15-2012

Quote:
In some ways, yes, though not completely.

We aren't going all the way back to the extreme of the old jungle where you would just get crushed unless you were Warwick, but we do feel there is a happy medium between Season 1 and Season 2 that we can strike.

The biggest difference here though is that we will be offering itemization that will help champions who need that extra boost in the jungle. Champions who are already super strong in the jungle may opt to not build these items, but it's pretty interesting to see what new junglers may become viable with these new items.
Quote:
Champions who are already super strong in the jungle may opt to not build these items, but it's pretty interesting to see what new junglers may become viable with these new items.
Quote:
new junglers may become viable with these new items.

Quote:
new junglers viable new items.
SEASON THREe WHERE?

KevinDelMarr

10-15-2012

Where do you see a Champion like Kha'zix or Sejuani fit in with the Jungle changes? Little to no innate sustain, "slow" initial clear times and dependent on successful ganks for gold? Will AD junglers make a comeback, so they don't have the issue of snowballing like crazy or falling behind?

This may be more for Xyph or Morello, but will AD junglers have a gp/10 item for damage, so they don't have to rely on Philo or HoG that will end up being sold for damage later?