Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crumblerumble

10-02-2012

Ree singah

PsionicApe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

So what you and everyone in this thread are saying, is that there are still players that somehow feel they need to be the hero, their ego is tied into them being the best player on the team, and they would rather lose than play a champion that is secondary somehow in their perception to another player?

And this is the source of junglers being placed into the tanky support role, because no one else will do it? And you compare the problem to support? I'm just making sure I am reading your complaint right...

I jungle because when I do I know that wards will be placed where I want them, since a significant portion of soloqueue still falls into that original category I mentioned. The fact that farming junglers are out of favor at the moment, and that tanky support junglers are both efficient in their builds and efficient team members has everything to do with the majority of statistics.

Having said that, I played with an excellent Shaco the other day, who was balanced out by the rest of the team that was happy to build around him...

Macguffin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Funny that riot wanted to make the jungle optional, and instead just made it even more important.

nathanphetamine

10-02-2012

well this trend is more because of how top lane is atm than the jungle. there are many more high damage players who excel as a solo top but would not be ideal for the jungle. so if you already have a high damage off-tank top, you need your tank to be jungle. of course if you have a tank bottom lane support that opens up room for more variety in jungle.

thats just my opinion, but look at most solo top's ability to jungle. if they are legitimately good at both jungle and solo top; they are probably better put in jungle, unless they are counter-picking.

prozak82

10-02-2012

if they would frickin get rid of flash then ganking might actually be worth your time

Macguffin

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsionicApe View Post
So what you and everyone in this thread are saying, is that there are still players that somehow feel they need to be the hero, their ego is tied into them being the best player on the team, and they would rather lose than play a champion that is secondary somehow in their perception to another player?
So why aren't AD carries, tops and mids expected to sacrifice and get better team utility and allow for a jungler that needs farm and will stomp later?

PsionicApe

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguffin View Post
So why aren't AD carries, tops and mids expected to sacrifice and get better team utility and allow for a jungler that needs farm and will stomp later?
So why can't AD carries, tops, and mids sacrifice even just 75 gold to help their team out with wards...?

Macguffin

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsionicApe View Post
So why can't AD carries, tops, and mids sacrifice even just 75 gold to help their team out with wards...?
Hey I asked you first

Crumblerumble

10-02-2012

well if you got as much gold as a solo lane in the jungle that'd be slightly op, you are relatively a lot safer in the jungle than you are in a lane

PsionicApe

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguffin View Post
Hey I asked you first
It's about context.

Once in a blue moon you will get a game in solo queue where your teammates know that not dying is more valuable than chasing kills.

When you have a game that has gone on 20 minutes with five or less total kills (on both sides combined) then you will understand why an efficient support jungler is valuable, just like how dragon becomes much more important as overall kills decreases.