Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ban summoner spells.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helter Kremlin

10-01-2012

I got this idea from seeing people complaining about certain summoners spells that they think are unfair. Well, what if in normal pick, where each team gets to ban 3 champs, for a total of 6 bans, each team also got to chose one summoner spell to ban? Of course you might see flash and ignite being the constantly banned spells, but things like heal and exhaust are just as useful.

Just an idea that I wanted some feedback on.
Oh, and I would think this would only be in summoners rift.

EDIT:
Flash get's banned = Take ghost
Ignite get's banned = Take exhaust
and so on and so forth. Two (or one) summoner spell being banned doesn't mean you are completely out of luck.
And if you NEED flash and ignite, or ANY specific summoner spells for that matter, to be aggressive or good then I suggest you get better at the game.

UL9 Spark

10-01-2012

I don't think this would be a good idea. Banning a spell like flash would remove a huge aspect of mobility, and the playstyle of the game, causing everyone to be more defensive. However, something you are overlooking is the banning of smite. Imagine a game where your jungler couldn't take blue/red without 5-10 seconds of leash help. Or couldn't finish baron/dragon properly. The game could be skewed based on luck (ie a blind lux laz0r steals baron) rather than the skill of a veteran jungler with that perfectly timed smite. Also, any summoner spell is put in the game to possibly even the tides of a battle. For example, and olaf comes charging through your team towards your carry. CC won't work. What do you need? Something like exhaust to neutralize his damage. So you would come up with situations like Olaf not being banned with exhaust being banned. Or a full heal team with ignite being banned. Or a team with gap closers with flash being banned. It would unbalance the game.

ChiSqrd

10-01-2012

If you thought about this for even a couple seconds you would realize how stupid this would be.

Triysle

10-01-2012

I don't really think any summoner spells are "unfair" to be honest. Some have more usefulness than others, but I think restricting the spell selection would be an unnecessary change to a game that already requires adaptability in champ selection and playstyles.

Helter Kremlin

10-01-2012

Quote:
DankChi:
If you thought about this for even a couple seconds you would realize how stupid this would be.

Yeah, it would be pretty stupid, but there are people who think banning champs is stupid. Besides that, the main reason I suggested something like this is because I'm seeing people saying that flash and ignite need to be removed and people are agreeing with it.

Helter Kremlin

10-01-2012

Quote:
sparkthor3:
I don't think this would be a good idea. Banning a spell like flash would remove a huge aspect of mobility, and the playstyle of the game, causing everyone to be more defensive. However, something you are overlooking is the banning of smite. Imagine a game where your jungler couldn't take blue/red without 5-10 seconds of leash help. Or couldn't finish baron/dragon properly. The game could be skewed based on luck (ie a blind lux laz0r steals baron) rather than the skill of a veteran jungler with that perfectly timed smite. Also, any summoner spell is put in the game to possibly even the tides of a battle. For example, and olaf comes charging through your team towards your carry. CC won't work. What do you need? Something like exhaust to neutralize his damage. So you would come up with situations like Olaf not being banned with exhaust being banned. Or a full heal team with ignite being banned. Or a team with gap closers with flash being banned. It would unbalance the game.

As I said, this is just an idea. I want suggestions to how we can solve the problem of everyone that's agreeing that ignite and flash should be removed. While I don't think they will get removed, I do think they could get nerfed.

VanillaCrunch

10-01-2012

A troll could just ban Smite so no one could jungle.

Helter Kremlin

10-01-2012

Quote:
VanillaCrunch:
A troll could just ban Smite so no one could jungle.

Not having smite doesn't mean you CAN'T jungle, it would just mean you are going to start slow.

Bump 0f Chicken

Recruiter

10-02-2012

lol it gonna make many problems

TrollDomo

10-03-2012

They could turn the summoner spells into items. Like in HoN there are portal keys which acts like flash with a 12 sec CD, it costs 2000 gold