Tips for Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AeonTek

10-02-2012

I am by no means a pro player, but this is what I do. E-W-Q-W then R>W>Q>E. Run tanky masteries and go for max CDR, spamming your stun and Armor reduction is important late game. My build is typically

Philo Stone into Shurelias late
Hog into Randuins late
Boots (ionian or merc)
Frozen Heart
Last two are aura or defense items, whatever your team needs

Like other people have said, don't waste your Ana early game and ward, ward, ward.

Hope this helps

KaseyKahne

10-02-2012

Just one tip which I think you might already know.. Many supports do the mistake of initiating when their adc has a lot of creeps stacked up.. Don't do that as when he fyts thro them, he takes a lotta creep agro on him.. Common mistake!

yazorstorm

10-03-2012

ward brush then stun ADC every chance you get.if your ADC good early game get 1 point in stun then max heal if your ADC has a bad early but good late get heal every chance you get.
i start 2 Faerie Charm and 2 health pots
then I get ninja tabi or merc treads
rest up to other team comp
not great but i dont play alot of taric

mistmann

10-03-2012

yazor where are you wards and gp 5 i wowuld not reccomend this guys build unless ur in a bot game

Valrcrist

10-03-2012

Quote:
Im sorry but you should max your stun last.
Heal, E, the W.
Putting aside the error that you realized, it actually is pretty much always better to max your W first. 30extra armor for your ADC is actually huge as far as preventing both harass and all in from the enemy laners/jungle, as well as getting 60 armor for yourself is great if you're trying to get away, as it really helps you be tanky, which means you can do things like body block for your ADC.

On the flip side, not only is R + W a really surprising amount of burst damage that can really help you feed kills to your ADC, it also serves the purpose of discouraging someone from chasing just for the psychological effect of seeing that you just got chunked for 1/3-1/2 of your HP by the SUPPORT, not even the ADC. On top of that, the 30 armor shred really helps your ADC just absolutely blow someone up.

Basically, I'd rather have 240 AoE damage, 30 passive armor for my ADC and 60 for myself, as well as the ability to shred 30 armor from everyone hit, to the ability to heal my ADC for 220 hp every 14 seconds. Maxing W first helps you win fights in lane, maxing Q first doesn't.

Jordan Black

10-04-2012

One thing to consider is a large majority of "Good Taric players" will assume they have a kill with a solid stun the armor debuff by popping your W and possibly an exhaust.

However, it is sometimes best to keep that W on it's aura mode as you and your partner will draw aggro and possibly underestimate your opponent in damage or you can use the extra armor for a low level (5-9) tower dive.