How to check old posts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Convict24601

10-01-2012

Is there a way to do this? Pretty new to the forum and having some trouble trying to figure the basics stuff out...like how to see your last post in a topic or if anyone quoted you from another topic; things like that.

Creepy4

10-01-2012

I usually search for my username in the forums' search bar.

About half of my posts seem to have remained there forever. A number of them also don't show up though, so it's hit-and-miss.

Convict24601

10-01-2012

I just tried this right now and it doesn't work. The forum search bar is on the page where you see a bunch of topics and it's that little bar on the top-right corner right?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy4 View Post
I usually search for my username in the forums' search bar.

About half of my posts seem to have remained there forever. A number of them also don't show up though, so it's hit-and-miss.
Searching your user name will only show threads where someone (including you) said your name or quoted you; the search feature looks through the post's content, not the poster.

Convict24601

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior View Post
What the, what kind of sorcery is this? I see no such option to allow me to find posts made by a user...what is your secret?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-02-2012

Look at the link, then look at your name. Now look back to the link, and back to your name...

Convict24601

10-02-2012

oh boy...idk if I'm having a slow day or if my IQ is slowly dropping from playing too much video games...lol but I still have no idea how to find posts from a user name. I go to the search bar and I type up my name, nothing comes up. I use the link as a template and replace the username at the end of the url to find old post of whomever I desire...and it works! But why is the first method I use not working? Am I just super blind and can't find the correct search options or something?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-02-2012

Hehe np, I was trying to be clever/funny, but that doesn't come off as well when you're reaaaally tired.

Anyway, the link:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/search.php?do=process&showposts=1&exactname=1&sear chuser=Convict24601

Note the 'searchuser=Convict24601" at the end there (I approve of the name btw). Replacing the name with anyone else's name (say 'searchuser=Panzerfaust') will search their name. Unfortunately there's no direct way to click on someone's name... but this works in the interim.

Also, for some reason it likes to break links; the space that shows up there shouldn't be there.

Also also, names are case and whitespace sensitive; 'User' 'Us er' and 'useR' are all different.

Convict24601

10-02-2012

yeah, I got your reference. I wasn't too sure if it was leaning towards mean-spirited mockery or a more playful one...but I gave you the benefit of the doubt =) But now I can't tell if you're being sarcastic with my username >_> I swear those numbers I picked aren't entirely random and actually compliments my usernames. Man...I really think I happen to be just be really slooow today....and yeah, I figured out how to replace the name at the end of the link, was hoping if there was a simplier way to search up usernames that I was missing. But I guess this will have to do for now!

Thanks for the patience and help!