@RIOT! No more champions please!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byrnes

10-01-2012

I dont know if anyone else has said this, but here are my thoughts regarding this whole matter:

It just kind of feels like more effort is spent on adding more heroes than it is on anything else. Of course this couldn't possibly be true, but it really really REALLY feels like it sometimes. When you think of the way information is provided to the layman, he sees informational updates on new champions all the time. Very specific ones at that. We know new champions are coming about every few weeks and they have oddly specific details from graphics to well written lore and ability information. And yet, we hear almost nothing specific about actual updates to the game. I think the majority of people would love to have more resources dedicated to making the game the best it could be BEFORE adding more heroes. And I think a lot of people would be perfectly fine with redirecting resources from hero design to just that.

Anyway, that is just what the opinion of the community seems to be from having read so many different posts over the past like 8 months. I agree to an extent (otherwise why would I be saying it), it is really hard to understand what is happening in the background since so little information is ever given besides information regarding new champions,

ZeIse

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimusvsAnima View Post
It's also pretty sad that "so many people working on different things" fixed Rengars bugs long before Viktor's were fixed.

And Viktor was out nearly a year ago.

Great priorities in your company.
Not all bugs are equal. They've stated, multiple times, that his bug is tough to crack. They never stated as such for Rengar.

All I hear is priorities, priorities, priorities. All the prioritizing in the world, can't make something out of nothing. The more complex a problem, the smaller the subset of people capable of tackling it. Until they can get the problem fixed, there's no more "prioritizing" to be done. And don't you dare pull the "they should have been done by now" card. You have absolutely no insight on the nature of the bug. All you could possibly know at this point is the symptom.

This is the same case with the stealth rework. They'll be done when they have a solution. Piling manpower won't solve it sooner.

Dryad Soraka

10-01-2012

Also stop making anti-fun champions, ie; rengar, kha'zix

Rekcy

10-01-2012

On a side note Griftrix can i hug you?

Pushover

10-01-2012

The biggest issue I have with adding champions to the game is that it increases the barrier of entry for new players. Every time a champion gets added to League, it is 5 or more abilities a new player has to learn. It is also another champion that potentially should be unlocked. Since all new champions cost 6300, and prices are not reduced by 6300 every champion, or anywhere even close to 6300, the game keeps hiking up barriers for new players.

For someone like me who has the majority of the competitive picks unlocked, it's not really an issue, but I worry that a lack of new players will lead to the death of League.

Teague Wan

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by florrie View Post
Also stop making anti-fun champions, ie; rengar, kha'zix
khazix is fun and balanced

IPlayScape

10-01-2012

I like new champions i just would like more that arent 6300 ip so i cant afford him and maybe less op.

Thats how i feel anyway to each his own

BiggieJohn

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Hello,

We actually have more than 1 group of people working on League of Legends and can do what you mentioned at the same time as making new champions. Just because we are working on 1 thing doesn't mean we're not working on others as well.

Can you tell me what you mean by older champion fix or reworks? I think we are patching out things like that frequently.

Thanks for your feedback!
Jarvan IV ult has been bugged forever and not fixed. I don't even play him anymore due to champions walking through my ult at a 50% rate.

sammich kek

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I don't actually animate. I program animation tech.

take me under your wing and teach me to be just like you, in return I will carry you to 1500 and get your the Janna skin this season.

I can move in tomorrow

also your avatar should be the icon for haunting guise

see u tomorrow bb

Rangler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

they won't stop making champions it's their main source of income, it's sad but it's true maps/everything else gets pushed back due to this