Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sisuwolf

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
What this boils down to is that I want them to flat out say that there will never be rewards associated with this system. If this system involves rewards playing with friends makes it harder to receive those rewards because it is as Lyte himself has said harder to get when playing as a premade. I find that absurd. Should people be able to constantly give honor to their friends? No, they shouldn't, but this creates a catch-22 because on one hand you have an unbalanced playing field and on the other a system susceptible to fraud. It would be better if the system meant nothing or didnít exist at all.

They have alluded to future rewards, but you can't make those awards equally attainable without an easily abused system. It is a bad idea. Why play with friends if it is harder to get that shinny bauble at the end of the road? LoL is a competitive environment and this system does not mesh well with it in my opinion. I can't make this any clearer for you.

Sure, it is great they are trying to make the community friendlier but this is not the way to do it. If honor means nothing then nobody will care about it, but the second you attach some random reward to it all the kindness just looks petty and fake. I don't want fake nonsense flying around as people campaign for honor.
I have to say that I also have a hard time seeing the problems you attest to. You, my friend, are in the best possible position for this system. You are correct in saying that it is easier to get Honor by playing solo and not with premades. This allows you to have a choice that many others players do not have. You have the ability to play solo and receive the same Honor possibilities as everyone else but this will also give you a greater chance of being in a game with a troll. On the other hand you can also chose to play premades and have less chance of receiving honor but a better chance of being in a game with no trolls. Many, if not most, people only have the option of playing solo games with the high possibility of being placed in a match with a troll. So to say it puts you at a disadvantage is inaccurate. It only allows you to have a choice that many players don't get. You can chose to play games to fulfill any need you see fit whether that be more Honor or matches with friends, it is up to you. You, my friend, have nothing to complain about as you come out better from this Honor system implementation than most, with it being a positive implementation for all, with you receiving more positives from the new system than most.

Cooty

10-03-2012

Really great update. =]

MaximumTacolord

10-03-2012

This system doesn't work if trolls can 5-man and honor each other every game because they were in a 5-man.

Publius101

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I don't think the system has something for everyone. If you don't feel like you want to Report or Honor players then you probably don't feel as strongly about trying to shape our community as other players do--that's totally fine, but we're not going to add stuff just to entice you to use the systems.
Heh, turns out this was a trick question - the effect I've seen this system have on my games so far is all the incentive I need. Well played sir, well, played.

Ghan04

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumTacolord View Post
This system doesn't work if trolls can 5-man and honor each other every game because they were in a 5-man.
If that happens, the system will be very angry at them for doing that and quickly make their Honor worthless. Lyte has mentioned that a few people have already been banned for excessive abuse of the Honor system.

AlexDnD2

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyrina View Post
They ran a sweep a while back where they suspended people who had ridiculous report rates; usually there were a lot of frivolous reports against people who didn't deserve it, they were abusing the reporting system by reporting everyone who they disagreed with about anything, that kind of thing. Mostly trolls, just want to make sure that reporting multiple people for spamming every game for honor-related things in the post-game lobby won't make my account look more suspicious to those kinds of sweeps.
This is a BIG deal. I'm scared even to report out and out racists these days.

CannonFodder45

10-03-2012

I have honestly found myself acting more friendly just thinking I could get honor. This is such a good idea. It gives you a chance to thank good teammates and friendly opponents.

Steven2946

10-03-2012

Oppa gangnam style

AlexDnD2

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyrina View Post
They ran a sweep a while back where they suspended people who had ridiculous report rates; usually there were a lot of frivolous reports against people who didn't deserve it, they were abusing the reporting system by reporting everyone who they disagreed with about anything, that kind of thing. Mostly trolls, just want to make sure that reporting multiple people for spamming every game for honor-related things in the post-game lobby won't make my account look more suspicious to those kinds of sweeps.
This is a BIG deal. I'm scared even to report out and out racists these days.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-03-2012
52 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Lyte.

You said honour should only work for matchmade games, not for customs or co-op VS AI. Well, I and some friends just 5 man played vs bots (euw went down, so we wanted to make sure it's stable again before committing to real games), and we saw the Honour option green-lit, so we tried it, and it worked.

Is this a bug, or a feature for those who help new players/play almost entirely co-op vs AI? Cause we were given to understand it shouldn't have honour in that mode.
It's available in Co-op vs Bots because that's a matchmade game mode.