Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stakhanov

Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghan04 View Post
Lyte did not say that it is wrong to ever give Honor to friends - it is just that in the long run, if you do it often, it will count for less. If you don't do it all the time every game, then you should not have a problem.
But wouldn't that more or less be the same as honour trading, which is a reportable offense?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghan04

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakhanov View Post
But wouldn't that more or less be the same as honour trading, which is a reportable offense?
If you are giving Honor to each other frequently, that might be a problem and get picked up by the system, but if it's just occasionally, then you should be fine. Keep in mind that Honor is for those who really contributed meaningfully toward a positive experience for all players in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Farsight

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
The idea that people in premades are behaving well is what is ridiculous. Their treatment of the other team means nothing I guess? Premades are just as much a part of this system as someone in solo queue, but they are being treated like second class citizens with fewer options for gaining honor.

Like I said so long as there is no reward for it then I am fine with it. However, this community is competitive and people want what the "Jones's" have, and it is punishing to people that play with friends because in order to get points they have to put up with BS spewing from the other team and/or the one or two random players on their team just as much as someone in solo queue. They just get fewer options to gain honor/future rewards that have been alluded to. I don't always play with premades, but when I do I don't want to feel handicapped for doing so.

Why add someone to your friends list that you enjoyed playing with if you are being incentivized not too?
Their treatment of the enemy team matters so much that there is an option called "Honourable opponent" to give to your enemies.

Seriously, what do you want? Premades need no incentives to being nice to each other. Do you want to be able to honour your friends every single game? If you are adding someone to your friend's list because you enjoyed playing with him, you probably honoured him back then. Nowhere did anyone say there was a problem in doing this.

If Riot does intend to give rewards for this, then it IS better that they are watchfull about premades trading honour. I don't get your point. Do you want the system to be abusable by premades? Why do you refuse to understand that premades are already usually a far better environment than soloque? They aren't second class citizens, they are already in a better situation than most of the playerbase.

"Feeling handicapped for playing with premades"? So let's see, you're already playing with people you "know", people who understand when you're joking and when you're serious, people who can cooperate better than complete strangers, maybe people with whom you can use voice chat to coordinate in-game and you're telling me you feel handicapped because you can't honour them every single game you play? Are you serious?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZzRadio

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Oh look honor! Wait it's a video game I don't care.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altrec

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Farsight View Post
Their treatment of the enemy team matters so much that there is an option called "Honourable opponent" to give to your enemies.

Seriously, what do you want? Premades need no incentives to being nice to each other. Do you want to be able to honour your friends every single game? If you are adding someone to your friend's list because you enjoyed playing with him, you probably honoured him back then. Nowhere did anyone say there was a problem in doing this.

If Riot does intend to give rewards for this, then it IS better that they are watchfull about premades trading honour. I don't get your point. Do you want the system to be abusable by premades? Why do you refuse to understand that premades are already usually a far better environment than soloque? They aren't second class citizens, they are already in a better situation than most of the playerbase.

"Feeling handicapped for playing with premades"? So let's see, you're already playing with people you "know", people who understand when you're joking and when you're serious, people who can cooperate better than complete strangers, maybe people with whom you can use voice chat to coordinate in-game and you're telling me you feel handicapped because you can't honour them every single game you play? Are you serious?
What this boils down to is that I want them to flat out say that there will never be rewards associated with this system. If this system involves rewards playing with friends makes it harder to receive those rewards because it is as Lyte himself has said harder to get when playing as a premade. I find that absurd. Should people be able to constantly give honor to their friends? No, they shouldn't, but this creates a catch-22 because on one hand you have an unbalanced playing field and on the other a system susceptible to fraud. It would be better if the system meant nothing or didnít exist at all.

They have alluded to future rewards, but you can't make those awards equally attainable without an easily abused system. It is a bad idea. Why play with friends if it is harder to get that shinny bauble at the end of the road? LoL is a competitive environment and this system does not mesh well with it in my opinion. I can't make this any clearer for you.

Sure, it is great they are trying to make the community friendlier but this is not the way to do it. If honor means nothing then nobody will care about it, but the second you attach some random reward to it all the kindness just looks petty and fake. I don't want fake nonsense flying around as people campaign for honor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunnysack Man

Junior Member

10-03-2012

I'm so glad they put an incentive out for good behavior. Whether or not it entails rewards, it's good to know that Riot is rooting for the good guys on the fields. Thanks Riot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akitu

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We considered restricting Honor for premade friends, but eventually decided to instead implement some math to still allow premades to participate in the Honor Initiative even if they play premades in a vast majority of their games. Players who premade often will have to earn most of their Honor from the enemy team, which isn't easy!
So, as an extremely hypothetical situation. Should a premade group of 5 decide to start playing and pull a week long premade 5 bender, and I am player A, one of the premade members is player B.

As player A, should I happen to notice player B being the epitome of what the honour system is supposed to be in every way, shape and form, and decide to honour them in every game they display the very qualities the system seeks, would I as player A have to be concerned with how much honour I would be giving player B should I choose to give them honour in every game I saw fit?

Not that I play premade 5's or anything... Just wondering to what extremes someone has to go through in regards to repeated honouring of a person in order for the system to send up an alarm flag. Would the result be a punishment for myself as player A or would my rep towards player B just dwindle down to nothing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zellboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-03-2012

My friend came up with a good suggestion, in the match history place a little icon so you know which game you got +1 in something. Would be a good thing because you can look back and remember what you did and how you acted and try to replicate it to further improve yourself ya know?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Curtiswer

Recruiter

10-03-2012

you should integrate honor into the solo q, high goes with high and low goes with low


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackieBot

Member

10-03-2012

All I know is that you gain titles if you get honored enough. People said I had an honorable opponent title. Guess everyone should call me their honor..