Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razy6trix

10-01-2012

So, for someone like me who only plays ARAM mostly, I guess I'm out of luck?

They aren't matchmade games, so I don't think I'll receive any honor, nor will I be able to replenish mine?

:|

Crucefix

10-01-2012

I don't think it will work. As soon as it is implemented, people will be very nice in every game, but being nice doesn't mean someone will commend their behaviour. Negative behavior is really hard to forget, that's why you remeber to report other players after the game. On the other side, good behaviour is really easy to forget and it will be mistaken as just doing his job. People won't care about commending some one unless they earn something in return, like trading commendations, something Riot will try to spot and prevent.
I have played 200+ games of dota2 and I haven't give a single commendation to another player, besides my friends. I also have only a couple of commendations from my friends. Maybe I'm not nice enough to pubs to earn their respect...

WWC Brolands

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-01-2012

So when playing games with friends, after each game is it considered acceptable to Honor them? Or is that considered trading?

Sindair

10-01-2012

Hi Lyte,

I wanted to know what would happens if I honor people which are good for my team but meanwhile they have a negative attitude towards the enemy through the all chat. As my All chat is blocked, I would like to know the effect of it on the " quality" of the Honor I give and If I could get banned for this.

I just want to make sure I won't be penalized to use a feature ( all chat blocked) at the same time as Honor.

Even if I agree it whouldn't happen a lot I don't want to have or feel the wrath of a ban in my back every time I honor someone. Can I have an answer please ?

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC Brolands View Post
So when playing games with friends, after each game is it considered acceptable to Honor them? Or is that considered trading?
You should only Honor those in your games who stand out as providing a really positive experience to the others in the game. If you continually Honor your friends after each game, the system will likely punish you for that.

roukken

10-01-2012

This is probably one of the best Ideas Riot has had lately because it will encourage players to play more honorably

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We've already taken things like this into account. Check the website for some of the extra features we've implemented to prevent trading or premade abuse.
What was the thinking of having a rating system with zero rewards, tangible or otherwise? I would wager this wasn't thought through.

ProverbialNoose

10-01-2012

@Riot: Please please PLEASE use Honor as a matchmaking variable. That way if you keep a positive, polite attitude, you can eventually be rewarded by no longer being matched with the toxic players. Let all the trolls stay together and the non-trolls rise above!

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
7 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC Brolands View Post
If your friends were truly exceptional in the game and made it a great experience for the pub players in your game, please Honor them.

If you queue up 100 games in a row with your friend and just give each other Honor all 100 games... you'll trigger the system to investigate both accounts and most likely lose all your Honor if you were found abusing Honor.

Riklue

10-01-2012

I will try my best to be really nice and helpful but I hope people will do the same...