Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSilverCrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-02-2012

Ok, and then let's make honor the new "ELO"! Let's split the trolls, from the people who actually want to play "troll-free" games.

Lenarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

The sad thing is. As soon as this went live "Wow, are you farming honor? Just seems a little over the top". "Wow never seen anyone be nice to an opponent, must be farming honor"... Now everyone judges my motives and assumes I'm farming honor. :-( I was genuinely a nice person in games, which most people ignored.

I will say the system has reduced the amount of people I have seen raging. but its still early on.

Lenarin

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSilverCrown View Post
Ok, and then let's make honor the new "ELO"! Let's split the trolls, from the people who actually want to play "troll-free" games.

I've heard this is actually a plan, within elo matching group higher honor with higher honor and lower with lower.

4iedfreak

10-02-2012

Honor has to earn something. Whether is to help further class the elo in ranked and hidden elo's, Small packets of rp or ip, or even Summoner icones and profile banners.
It is a really good idea and some people will like it, but till you give something back, i dont think it is going to its full potential

Leetri

10-02-2012

I'd like to see that you're put with players of your same honour rank. I'm tired of being teamed with leavers and trolls, it's impossible to enjoy the game anymore. I try to keep positive and support the team, but those people make it hard to want to keep playing.

Ghan04

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetri View Post
I'd like to see that you're put with players of your same honour rank. I'm tired of being teamed with leavers and trolls, it's impossible to enjoy the game anymore. I try to keep positive and support the team, but those people make it hard to want to keep playing.
I understand this mindset, and I've experienced many games like this myself, but I think in the end it's better for Riot to work on fixing this problem at the source rather than just create a way for people to avoid the issue. I kind of doubt that Honor will be able to solely solve the issue even if there were a "ladder" for it, simply because it's a completely subjective distribution. There are no enforced, objective standards on when or why you can Honor someone. That makes it a very sticky prospect to include such a rating in consideration with the matchmaking system.

I think that even if such a matchmaking change were to be made, it should be its own kind of game separate from Normal and Ranked. It definitely should not be considered for Ranked matchmaking. That is determined by skill alone, and I think adding Honor to it would fundamentally change what League of Legends is in terms of the e-Sports community.

wilmer007

10-02-2012

You might aswell remove the Helpful Option. You try to teach players that are bad and they think they are godlike and won't even listen to your tips. For instance they are feeding kills 5 mins into the game and you tell them to stop feeding and their response is something like "stfu noob i am 2/2/2 while ur 0/0/0". Even though his CS Score is **** while i am leading in CS for both teams.

Ghan04

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmer007 View Post
You might aswell remove the Helpful Option. You try to teach players that are bad and they think they are godlike and won't even listen to your tips. For instance they are feeding kills 5 mins into the game and you tell them to stop feeding and their response is something like "stfu noob i am 2/2/2 while ur 0/0/0". Even though his CS Score is **** while i am leading in CS for both teams.
I think players with that kind of attitude might be deserving of a report. Encountering a few such people here and there doesn't mean that the whole Honor initiative is worthless. Friendly people who are happy to receive polite advice do exist - it might just be that they tend to be quieter than the person you're talking about.

Yoshiro

10-02-2012

LOL I turn off chat all. Losers usually troll and won't listen to your advice.

Tadrin

10-02-2012

I have one complaint. Now when I am nice everyone says "Someone's really begging for honor" that's a bummer because in general I just like to be encouraging to my teammates.