Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sann92

10-01-2012

Its amazing the difference Riot. Well played.

AmbiguousFrogBom

10-01-2012

I'm echoing a lot of people when I add in my 2 cents to agree. I'm thrilled to see the honor initiative, and I do hope it will be used to help pair "honorable" players with other "honorable" players. However, I recognize I don't know enough about the intricacies of coding a cheater-catching system to really input much, but I figure the guys at Riot probably do. (And even if they don't now, they'll probably figure it out.) I would assume it has to do with a ratio of honor given/received per game over an extended period of time. Mostly, I'm just going to say "Thanks and good luck!" and go on my merry way.

I don't post a lot, because I have way too much homework to do on a given day, so I will at least say that I have to feel strongly on a subject to get to posting. So...

Thanks for putting in this new system! Good luck on figuring out how to make to make it work smoothly! If I can help (which I doubt), I'd love to do so.

Secretbeef

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're working on some IE issues, but I believe Chrome/Firefox and an assortment of other browsers currently work for the FAQ section.
IE...? Isn't that the application that comes with Windows based operating systems that lets you download Chrome?

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Lyte. Ive been in games with friends of mine ive queued with and they told me that it's fine if we honor eachother once every 2 months or so. Is that alright or is even that too frequent?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
31 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Toenail View Post
Lyte. Ive been in games with friends of mine ive queued with and they told me that it's fine if we honor eachother once every 2 months or so. Is that alright or is even that too frequent?
This is fine, as long as your friends are genuinely positive and Honorable players.

BubbyLover

10-01-2012

Why is Riot trying so hard to create such a fantasy community? The people who started league came from dota on wc3 and remember how toxic that was yet it was the most popular map still? Why force an online community to act a certain way? Seems to be a short sighted goal and noble as it may be will eventually turn away hard core players to games with out these behavior restrictions.

Dr Toenail

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is fine, as long as your friends are genuinely positive and Honorable players.
Yes, we already pre-agreed that we won't honor eachother if the target person was being an ******* that game, in chat or skype.

I'd just like to know a range on what constitutes as too frequently. Especially when you play with people every day.

Also, Ive already picked up some honor from a random team I carried as Nasus. I attributed my penta kill to them and they kindly honored me. I hadnt thought of honoring them before that, but I felt their kindness for honoring me without me asking for it warranted a friendly honoring back. Is that wrong of me?

pandaleon

10-01-2012

well so far all today I've had much less ragers and troll in game. getting honor makes me warm and uncomfortable. <3

BubbyLover

10-01-2012

Why is Riot so hell bent on creating a fantasy community?

hthiatgnatt

10-01-2012

the system itself does not adversely affect those who dont care for
it, so that is nice. i have not yet played since this system has been introduced, but i expect a
great deal of, eh, phony behavior. some people prefer phony politeness to genuine

rudeness, personally it bugs me. people will act differently enough just for the pleasure of
having a bigger number next to their name, if rewards get introduced peoples behavior will be altered even more.

but i guess thats the point?