Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LapizDragon

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compationatekity View Post
What about like, if people just report spam for no reason? How will you stop people from getting punished from doing nothing?
I'm sure the tribunal will record the honor given in a match to help the judge of the case realize if there was any honor abuse in the post-game screen. Lyte has said that there is no penalty for not using the honor system at all, so a fair tribunal case avoids the injustice you describe.

Ballbag69

10-01-2012

Will honor affect matchmaking? ie: high honor people get put with other high honor people so it's an all out GREAT game for everyone?

Gazbleu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

its funny how people are too nice now....

Thunderfrog

10-01-2012

Now way, I dig it.

I've had 4 games today and only 1 jerk in any of them. BIG improvement. I even fed really bad in a ranked game and didn't get my butt reamed by the team.

LapizDragon

10-01-2012

Will this system reduce the effectiveness of the reporting system?

IcyWater

10-01-2012

yea......the honor system is just irritating me when I eat a lane opponent but lose frustratingly throughout the game due to team factors and then after getting awarded honorable opponent just makes it more sarcastically brain f***ing.

maymaye1

10-01-2012

Honor should stop reports. I keep getting reported just for losing :/

Sasquatchcc

Recruiter

10-01-2012

I have played in 3 games since the Honor Initiative went live. In all three games multiple people have tried to 'trade' honor (generally referred to as 'thumbs' so far). I have respectfully told people it is reportable to engage in such activities. Of course the response to that statement has been 'report this guy' or other sarcasm about it being nice that someone follows the rules, etc. While I fully support this initiative, I have found that each game I have played has included at least one troll or players simply attempting to cheat the system to get honor.

@Lyte - I know you have stated there are fail-safes for this, but is there something that we as players can do? I don't want to continue telling people they shouldn't do it if I'm only going to be reported. In fact, shouldn't the opposite be true? By providing the requisite information about reportable offenses isn't that therefore honorable? I'm confused at the response by my fellow summoners and hopefully you can enlighten me on this. Thanks!

Ragnarok Eagle

10-01-2012

The examples shows a summoner named "OldKodlak" is this a Skyrim reference? lol

CantLastHit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

How much honour can one give? I'm just gonna honour opponents who don't say, "GG NOOBS". Lol.