Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlofTwilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I am looking forward to this. I have been seeing myself and others getting put up with negative people too much now. This should stop that if the right people are honored.

Spiral Continuum

10-01-2012

Man I am so thankful that there's not just the one negative way to give feedback. If this increases the level of friendliness and politeness in general, then it will be one of the biggest improvements possible for the game!

Compationatekity

10-01-2012

What about like, if people just report spam for no reason? How will you stop people from getting punished from doing nothing?

TheArsynist

10-01-2012

Loving this system.

Ferr3t

10-01-2012

Insert obligatory Prince Zuko joke here.

I'm really looking forward to this. Not just for the hopefully improved quality of players either, but because I enjoy the positive feedback. I just ended a game and got points in Teamwork and Honorable Opponent, and seeing the notification genuinely gave me the warm and fuzzies. It's nice to see things being put in that expand player feedback beyond "YOU SUCK UNINSTALL!"

HeroADV

10-01-2012

dam this seem like the commend system from dota 2

Oh wait, It is the commend system from dota 2.

Dam can riot ever think of anything of there own?

LapizDragon

10-01-2012

Clever of you to wait for the results of this "experiment" to decide on the rewards.

I personally hope the rewards are good, but I understand that Riot cannot hand out rewards that are normally purchased, because then people will just use honor in the place of RP, and that's not business.

I hope Riot has the smarts to give the honorable players a reward of "actual value", because that will give the players real motivation, unlike "gold stars".

Am I right? I hope I am.

Kat Redavni

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroADV View Post
dam this seem like the commend system from dota 2

Oh wait, It is the commend system from dota 2.

Dam can riot ever think of anything of there own?

So your saying if something is a good idea, No one else can build off it? Damn, well, we wouldn't have light bulbs, toilets, or any sort of appliance in our houses.

Grow up. 90% of the things you use everyday was made by someone along time ago and then approved upon later on.

SoloDolo19

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compationatekity View Post
What about like, if people just report spam for no reason? How will you stop people from getting punished from doing nothing?
I don't exactly remember where I saw it, but I'm fairly sure that they have some sort of system that revokes a player's report privileges for a set amount of time if they abuse it. I might be wrong though.

As for the Honor system, I'm looking forward to this! Going to reduce the number of trolls for certain.

TheLastBaron88

10-01-2012

I hope that honor becomes a part of the matchmaking service. Cannot stand the awful randoms I get matched with so frequently. The best part is that I now have a way to show my appreciation for teammates who do what they are supposed to, and do it well.