Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nomsumer

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Tross View Post
there should also be a dishonor option, that negatively effects "dishonorable" people, or say puts them in games with honorable people, so they can learn not to be jerks or whatever. otherwise people will honor each other to get rewards if rewards for honor develop. instead of giving people a reason to roll the system, give people a reason to not get rolled by the system in game. the tribunal can only do so much :P
Right so additionally to every round having to listen to "Wahhh report X", "No report Y for ..." every game I can hear "report and call dis-honor on X".

Hell no. Worst part about trying to play a game is already listening to everyong point fingers, I don't want to give them classifications to specify further.

Nomsumer

10-01-2012

I have a feeling people are missing the actual point of this system in the League system. It is to attempt to counteract the currently cancerous tumer that is everyone acting like a bunch of runts pointing fingers and crying wolf (more often than warrented by a longshot).

It is ruining the ability for people to just enjoy a game casually etc. This way some of the terrible people who feel they need to report every game have a carrot to be more mature and pretend like they have perspective in life. It lures them with Game incentive to act more like decent people because they were unwilling to do so before having the incentive.

This isn't everyone of course, but it is WAY too many people in this community. Also their competitors are doing it and it is simply smarter down the line for their income.

Edit: of course many people see why it has been implemented however the relateve few of the smart vs the masses I'll ask their forgiveness in attempting to clue in the rest.

Shankzalot

10-01-2012

What does this actually do for the community? You can give fake points to something does nothing? How does this help?

Leorite

10-01-2012

Wow I'm supprisingly really glad this feature was added. I just had one of my best games ever today; I was Mid Annie and Syndra was demolishing me, and my dear team mate Kha'Zix Assited me so perfectly that mid was won Then the enemy team just started eating us hard, just hard, But Thank god, my team wasn't yelling out "noobs" or anything to bring down other's self-esteem. Later on we keeped a positive attitude, keeped encouraging, ( Not one surrender Vote ) And we Eventually won the 65 minute long game. And after we were just like , Wow totally unexpectable. And i was proud to give everyone of my team mates a Team work honor, just proud. The enemy team wasn't getting upset or calling out names either, i wish i had've rewarded some of them with the fourth option, but you know this is new i forgot But regardless, this wasn't about my Excelent team gameplay, Just was a really great community to play with. I'm loving this feature already. And i'm realllllly not the type of person to be sin-less (believe me) but this encourages me pretty highly.

MumfordofHosts

10-01-2012

You should be able to buy champs with honor or get skins, their isnt anything usefull you can use, its kinda just for showing off. Its a small step in the right derection though riot.

Now just come out with new maps! =P

xDevilBisSx

10-01-2012

well this is dumb everyone who play wit u can give a point..so the one who always play wit team mate got a lot of .doesnt mean a **** after all

Senthryil

10-01-2012

haha now they have this XD same **** as Dota 2

ShackledShadows

10-01-2012

I usually don't respond to posts but I have a few question. Would it be possible to honour an opponent for friendly as well cause there are some fun people on both sides of the game. And would you also be considering adding a way to either go back into the summary or a way to add honor to someone you have recently played with because I really feel bad because I wanted to honour a couple people and forgot and now i feel bad. D= I appreciate you taking the time to read my response. Keep doing what you do riot. =D

Broom2

10-01-2012

Thank you Riot!
This honor system will encourage people to be nicer, because everyone wants to be honored right? It will give players an idea of how positive people are. I will admit, i'm not the nicest person in game. Knowing that I can get honored for being a positive influence on other players will help me and other players grow as better people and better players. Positive reinforcement is ALWAYS good in video games.

XxKillersea3xX

10-01-2012

Very cool add-on. I feel great when I get honored.