Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Of course not, we're rolling it out to Brazil
Wonder how that'll turn out.

Angelkyd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

And as any professional gamer knows, the top of any bracket most likely exploited or cheated to get there. So, lets reward those with the highest honor, because they most likely found a loophole to get there.

CandleGoat

10-01-2012

Maybe honorable players should get advancements in match queues. Or IP/RP bonuses?

Lucariolu

10-01-2012

got honorable opponent alrdy :3

ƒ Shepherd Book

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Extrinsic can lead to intrinsic. Iterations after iterations, seems like a buzzword among the industry you chose to make your living in these past few years. I often wonder which field of study gave rise to this buzzword/method. Perhaps it's just a good method to develop video games. Perhaps it's just a buzzword. At any rate, the only thing that matters are results. No one can argue with results.
True, but if you start with extrinsic and then try to find the playerbase that is Honorable for intrinsic reasons, you're shooting yourself in the foot. You can't take away rewards after giving them out. Pavlov's dogs will bite your head off.

And yes, people can absolutely argue about results.

For example, Riot wants better servers. To do this, they need money. To get money, they raise the IP price of all new champions to 6300.
I'd be surprised if you haven't heard anybody arguing about the price of new champions.

And yes, the server stability is far better than it used to be.

Justenian

10-01-2012

To those asking about and suggesting various rewards, lets try and read between the lines.

From the Lyte posts in this thread we know that: A: There are multiple phases to the honor rollout. B: There are no rewards for this, phase 1, as they attempt to "identify pillars" of good sportsmanship in the community.

Lyte and his team know that if they created a huge reward list for honor in conjunction with the initial rollout, it would instantly become just another ELO ladder for people to climb. You would have many people temporarily adjusting their behavior to gain rewards. This is not the goal of the system. The goal is to give credit to players who compete with a good attitude. He has definitely indicated that there will be rewards given out later on as they complete more phases. They are just waiting to identify people who truly deserve it before they initiate.

Summary as I see it: They will be giving out rewards, they want to reward good community members, not just people who "act" nice to gain a reward. To accomplish this, they are taking the time to identify players who are positive community contributors WITHOUT a reward, then issuing rewards at a later, unspecified date. My guess? They give occasional and unannounced rewards to people who have been honored; there will be no "gain x honor and receive x reward".

He also knows that the more he discusses possible rewards, the more it skews the initial "poll" results. Thus, he has basically ignored reward questions and suggestions, and been extremely vague about the possibility when he has talked about the future rollout phases. Just my conclusions.

KhaorvaK

10-01-2012

I love it.

Glorybound1

10-01-2012

I am so happy to be able to honor people I play with who are great. There really are a lot of fun people who make this game a joy to play. And there are some who forget it's still just a game. I am a real believer in honoring those who deserve it and reporting those who ruin the experience for everyone else. Thank you, Riot.

Glorybound1

Darthfeebl

10-01-2012

I am so thankful for this. I was going to suggest a similar thing. During my play it seemed that ppl were not being team players and just mean, and reporting did not seem to help. I think people will respond better to loosing rewards than being punished.

Thanks

Kitwu Husky

10-01-2012

Yay! Let's hope this works out fine.