Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroKuno

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhon View Post
Right. But the goal here is to reward those players and inspire those who currently aren't nice players. Currently you are rewarding good players with a number and failing to inspire others to stop being trolls.
Adding a reward system would not even stop the trolls.
They can pretend to be nice and then say in a nice way that they have a bad game or aren't good at the game.

So what is so inspirational about a reward system or anything for addition on the current Honor system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
There's not much reason to freak out about enacting this in phases.
That's all I read and that's all it matters. I personally don't think there needs to be a reward system for it as it wouldn't change anything on a large scale.

Darth Monkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Love it, great idea.

DonVadim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I wonder if you considered that majority of solo queue players are just ~~uchebags and won't "upvote" anyone. Especially at top elo where people just hate certain people, even if they play good. It means these people will never get any upvotes because at top elo you constantly play with the same people over and over.

Kedali

10-01-2012

I'm honestly interested in seeing how this turns out. I don't intend to participate in the system myself, but it will be interesting to see what results there are.

Lyte, are you going to be posting any kind of toxicity statistics (reports, etc.) after the system has been out a while?

Daedelous

10-01-2012

Blood and thunder!

A Giant Boulder

10-01-2012

This system, at least personally for me so far, has been a lifesaver. My focus in games has shifted from "I must win this game" to "I must gather as much honor as possible". Winning, losing, my focus has shifted to, whichever the outcome, making the game as pleasant as possible for all involved.

Dèíty

10-01-2012

I know you've addressed the point about the lack of true incentive (not that a point of honor won't make me feel warm and fuzzy and all..) but I just want to emphasize that the sooner there's a connection between positive behavior and material gain, the sooner you will see behavior improve. As it stands, wishing people will change their behavior in exchange for warm fuzzies is a quixotic exercise in futility. All the same, great step forward, big thank you Lyte, team PB & J, and to Riot generally; I'm really looking forward to more civil rapports in my games!

Renaito Yuujou

10-01-2012

Lyte, I got some honor points today and it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside! How's that for incentive?

Shunkwugga

10-01-2012

Riot's a bit late to the party with this one...glad it's in, but honestly it should have come out a LOT sooner. Dota 2's had a "commend" system from the very start, and it's basically the same thing.

DrSaneJokersJam

10-01-2012

Good to see RIOT really stepping things up.